I just wanted to let everyone know I just received this email from MD Arms:

"Hey Everyone,

We wanted to let everyone know we have started to ship drums again. We have thousands of orders to ship and it will take a few weeks to assemble drums and get them all shipped. We are going to keep the preorder going until we have caught up back orders and can ship new orders at the time they are placed..." :super:

I have 2 on order and I cant wait to finally shoot my S12 with 20 rounds!!!

Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you like kissing a manufacturer's ass because he builds a product you like that's fine with me. My direct experience with MD arms of ordering accessories directly off their web site is one of havi

The delays had nothing to do with being busy. I won't go into all the details because the piss would probably run down your leg while tring to comprehend what your reading.   As far as customer ser

If I wanted to make an impression, I would put a dent in your head with my butt stock. I wake up in the morning with chunks of ego from guys like you in my shit. My comments were based on first hand

Posted Images

Its all copacetic... Hell, I practically needed a tissue and new underwear when I opened that email. :blush:

My current drum is lonely and needs company.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I GOT MY MD20 DRUM TODAY!!!!!

YAYZ!!!!

(bought one from a guy at a gun show, unused.)

haw_large_thumb.jpg

Little bit of filing and it fits well, and the catch engages enough to hold it in....it might need more.

Off to the range!

Tried out the drum.

Turns out I did not do enough filing, since the mag catch wasn't fully engaging, and

even though I could not pull it out, the recoil would dump it on the ground.

However, it shot fine with me holding it in, and, tonight, when I was preparing to work

on it with a file, I noticed that, after inserting the drum, I could push the mag catch

into its proper spot, which means it fits perfectly.

I'll try it again in a couple weeks once I get back from my work trip.

• 2 weeks later...

"We started taking preorders in early Feburary. The closer you are to that time the sooner your order will ship is the best answer we can give."

I ordered two on February 9th, the day of, or within a day or two, of the pre-order being publicized. The recent email notifying us of shipments was sent out nearly two weeks ago, and my order status has still not been updated from "deposit received." I'm looking forward to owning my first MD Drums but the nearly four month long wait now is testing my patients. I'll be coming home on leave from Afghanistan soon and had hoped to be able to test them out. It's looking increasingly unlikely that'll happen.

Fellas, I own 4 MD drums, from the 1st and 2nd runs, and I had to wait a hell of a lot longer than 3-4 months. I think I waited about 8+ months to get my 1st run drums and I was champing at the bit the whole way. The wait sucks but the product is completely worth it. Trust Mike, he hasn't screwed anyone yet and I don't believe he will start now.

In their defense, MD Arms is a 2 or 3 person company that has to fulfill thousands of orders.

I'm not a big fan of some of Mike's recent business practices, but am sure that anyone who ordered a drum from him will get one. There are probably a ton of issues that crop up when you dealing with the volume that they're dealing with, and to be fair...it's only been a couple of months.

If you are tired of waiting, just cancel your order, wait for the drums to be back in stock, and reorder (for $20 more per drum).

In their defense, MD Arms is a 2 or 3 person company that has to fulfill thousands of orders.

I'm not a big fan of some of Mike's recent business practices, but am sure that anyone who ordered a drum from him will get one. There are probably a ton of issues that crop up when you dealing with the volume that they're dealing with, and to be fair...it's only been a couple of months.

If you are tired of waiting, just cancel your order, wait for the drums to be back in stock, and reorder (for $20 more per drum).

Theres a great idea. If you don't like the fact that you were told it would be a month before your order shipped and its been almost 4 months already then cancel your order so you can wait longer and pay more money. That kind of business practice works OK I suppose when there arent any other options. There are now. Personally I'll get what will be my second and third drum but theres no way I'll order from a non stocking company again that doesnt fulfill its timeline promises in a reasonable fashion. It could be worse. it could be a Shrike.

If their operation is that small, then they should hire some more folks to help assemble and ship the drums.

ever hire someone and actually pay a living wage....and benefits....and taxes....and workers comp on them? It's not that simple.

he could do it under the table, and risk losing his business if the worker gets a paper cut and sues.

there's more to a small business than meets the eye. also, there are tons of unforseen circumstances that can pop up when trying to bring a product to market. One delay on a spring will stop the whole process.

it may take time, but Mike will come through.

caspian

If you want quality sometimes you have to wait. Thats the problem with this country, everybody wants something right now and are no longer patient. My first drum works flawlessly and I will wait patiently for the next one!!!

Yeah, I would rather have to wait a little while for a product that's going to last and that is hand assembled rather than a quick mass produced product that never gets checked for quality prior to being shipped out.

I'll be waiting patiently. I just hope they're here before 4th of July.

If their operation is that small, then they should hire some more folks to help assemble and ship the drums.

ever hire someone and actually pay a living wage....and benefits....and taxes....and workers comp on them? It's not that simple.

he could do it under the table, and risk losing his business if the worker gets a paper cut and sues.

there's more to a small business than meets the eye. also, there are tons of unforseen circumstances that can pop up when trying to bring a product to market. One delay on a spring will stop the whole process.

caspian

.... and don't forget the Unemployment Tax Fund and payroll processing costs. I have to pay into the UTF garbage as an employer and the only way I can draw a dime of it is if I disolve my corporation or resign as President. Yes, hiring people isn't worth it these days. As with my customers, if they want quality.... they can wait for me to get it done. If they don't want to wait.... they can go somewhere else and get some bravo sierra for their money. I don't like waiting, but I like quality products. Those of you who don't want to wait for a great priced quality product should cancel your order.... I'll wait.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

The funny thing about posts in this thread is that people are upset over waiting for 20 round drums. I understand anticipation and unfulfilled promises. But it's still just a drum mag. It's not something that is critically affecting your life. Has anyone ever heard the statement, "Good things come to those who wait"? Well it's not just some bullshit statement. MD Arms makes the best drums. So you're not waiting for some mass produced play toy. You're waiting on a AMERICAN made, TOP OF THE LINE, tried and true drum magazine. Instead of focusing on not having a drum you dont' "need". Try being happy you're supporting an American based company and are going to receive the best product available. I highly doubt that Mike is going to start screwing customers now.

However, I hope for his sake that he's not filling large back orders for his retailers instead of shipping drums to individual customers who have spent their time and money waiting.

Everything said, the MD-20 drum is rock soild and worth the wait. I have 2, I should know. wub.gif

caspian

.... and don't forget the Unemployment Tax Fund and payroll processing costs. I have to pay into the UTF garbage as an employer and the only way I can draw a dime of it is if I disolve my corporation or resign as President. Yes, hiring people isn't worth it these days. As with my customers, if they want quality.... they can wait for me to get it done. If they don't want to wait.... they can go somewhere else and get some bravo sierra for their money. I don't like waiting, but I like quality products. Those of you who don't want to wait for a great priced quality product should cancel your order.... I'll wait.

Thats what temp agencies are for.

Just order from CSS if you don't want to wait, CSS has them instock for $120 and you can have it in your hands monday.

I recently ordered one of their 100 rnd 223 drums. I had it in 3 days. CSS is the best.

Just order from CSS if you don't want to wait, CSS has them instock for $120 and you can have it in your hands monday.

Thats the coolest part. The large commercial orders sure as hell went out first. "6 weeks. Maybe more. Maybe less." Its been 16 weeks + . At what point does getting pissed off at getting jerked around come into play?

Hey everyone, 02-08-2010

I swore I wouldn't do one ever again, but have to take it back. We are having another pre-order for the MD-20, our 20rd Saiga-12 drum. The price for pre-order will be 100.00 per drum. After we are restocked and shipping again the price will go back up to $120 per drum. Many of you are aware of how the pre order works. 50% down with remaining 50% and shipping due a couple days before we process and ship. We will contact you around a week in advance so the payment doesn't come as a surprise or over draw anyone's account if it's a bad time for the remaining balance. We are looking at 6 weeks to restock, maybe more, maybe less.

We are also currently out of the gunfixer's gas plug. We wont be offering a preorder on those because they will likely be back in stock before the drums are. And it would be a serious pain to break up a pre-order to ship a plug early. If you want a plug and don't mind waiting for one until your drums ships, you can have us add one to your order when we contact you about the remaining balance. If you want one before your drum ship's we will let you know as soon as they are back in stock.

Thanks again everyone and stock up! MikeD

Thats the coolest part. The large commercial orders sure as hell went out first. "6 weeks. Maybe more. Maybe less." Its been 16 weeks + . At what point does getting pissed off at getting jerked around come into play?

Hey everyone, 02-08-2010

I swore I wouldn't do one ever again, but have to take it back. We are having another pre-order for the MD-20, our 20rd Saiga-12 drum. The price for pre-order will be 100.00 per drum. After we are restocked and shipping again the price will go back up to $120 per drum. Many of you are aware of how the pre order works. 50% down with remaining 50% and shipping due a couple days before we process and ship. We will contact you around a week in advance so the payment doesn't come as a surprise or over draw anyone's account if it's a bad time for the remaining balance. We are looking at 6 weeks to restock, maybe more, maybe less.

We are also currently out of the gunfixer's gas plug. We wont be offering a preorder on those because they will likely be back in stock before the drums are. And it would be a serious pain to break up a pre-order to ship a plug early. If you want a plug and don't mind waiting for one until your drums ships, you can have us add one to your order when we contact you about the remaining balance. If you want one before your drum ship's we will let you know as soon as they are back in stock.

Thanks again everyone and stock up! MikeD

Yeah, I dont mind waiting as I already have 2 drums and the third is just going to be put away unopened, but I think shipments should go out in the order they are received, whether that be retailer or customer orders. That would only be fair, imo.

Edited by sapper1371usmc

Let's not perpetuate rumors or opinions. It's not fair to any retailer when customers make unfounded claims without proof. MD Arms should be afforded the opportunity to explain things before people start going ape-shit-bananas over this.

Mike is a respected member and a vendor of quality products. No need for anyone to jump to conclusions.

Edited by Bridis

Let's not perpetuate rumors or opinions. It's not fair to any retailer when customers make unfounded claims without proof. MD Arms should be afforded the opportunity to explain things before people start going ape-shit-bananas over this.

Mike is a respected member and a vendor of quality products. No need for anyone to jump to conclusions.

Jump to conclusions? CSS has them for sale right now. They didnt have any a few weeks ago and MD still has not shipped to customers who bought them on the pre-order that was supposed to be 6 weeks or so but instead turned into 16+ weeks so far? What conclusion is there to jump to that isn't painfully obvious?

That's an outright lie and you know it. You'll receive the drum 2 days before you realized you even wanted it if you order it from CSS. :smoke:

Jump to conclusions? CSS has them for sale right now. They didnt have any a few weeks ago and MD still has not shipped to customers who bought them on the pre-order that was supposed to be 6 weeks or so but instead turned into 16+ weeks so far? What conclusion is there to jump to that isn't painfully obvious?

The drums that came in last Friday were from an order placed late January. It will be a while before our next order is shipped to us. We stay in line of ordering like everyone else.

caspian

Thats what temp agencies are for.

.... ?