Hey Mike, how far along are you guys on the order numbers that are shipping out? Just trying to get a rough ETA. Got an extra one coming from MAA ,so no rush, just curious.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you like kissing a manufacturer's ass because he builds a product you like that's fine with me. My direct experience with MD arms of ordering accessories directly off their web site is one of havi

The delays had nothing to do with being busy. I won't go into all the details because the piss would probably run down your leg while tring to comprehend what your reading.   As far as customer ser

If I wanted to make an impression, I would put a dent in your head with my butt stock. I wake up in the morning with chunks of ego from guys like you in my shit. My comments were based on first hand

Posted Images

EV-14859‏.....mine is supposed to ship today.....

Is it UPS or USPS?

I was curious what would call your order out of order and tried to look it up. But I don't even have an order with an order number of EV-14859. Can you double check your order number for me?

Here is your email....

Dear xxxxxxxxx, Your Order Status was updated to : Paid -----------------------------------------------------Name : xxxxxxxxxxNumber : EV-14859Order Date : 5/3/2010----------------------------------------------------- Thank you for your support, MD Arms, Ltd

Edited by Saiga Power

Is it UPS or USPS?

Hey, no fair !! I am EV-14805 and no email yet..... :rolleyes::lol:

Todd

Read my email incorrectly.....didnt ship yet.....

Is it UPS or USPS?

Hey, no fair !! I am EV-14805 and no email yet..... :rolleyes::lol:

Todd

Read my email incorrectly.....didnt ship yet.....

Wasn't compaining.....just pissin around.... :smoke:

Todd

no prob...didnt take it that way....just wanted to let ya know

Order number 13876 order date 3/21 went to "paid" at 11 this morning and then "shipped" 3 hours later.

These will be my first drum mags. Looking forward to them.

ETA: Received Tuesday 6/22. Look great. Test fit one in one Saiga-12 and it fit reasonably well with no modification. Box had one manual/pamphlet per drum.

Edited by Gould

I got mine a few days ago and I must say they are very well made and look to be very durable(havent got to shoot yet). I do have a question for anyone who owns a drum though. Do they all rattle as bad as mine does when loaded? The drum is just a range toy and it really isn't that big of a deal to me I was just curious.

I got mine a few days ago and I must say they are very well made and look to be very durable(havent got to shoot yet). I do have a question for anyone who owns a drum though. Do they all rattle as bad as mine does when loaded? The drum is just a range toy and it really isn't that big of a deal to me I was just curious.

Yes, all of mine rattle with Winchester Universal. If it is really an issue with you, you can try to find out which shells are a little longer and see how the sound is then. Personally, I don't care about the rattle. By the time someone hears it.... it will most likely be too late :ph34r:

I don't know how loud yours is but yes all of mine have the rattling noise when loaded. You'd think it wouldn't with the spring pressure against the shells.

The spring doesn't exert pressure against the individual shells.

In a empty drum the follower is held against the feed scoop and the dummy round rattles.

In a full drum, pressure is on all parts and the top round, except the individual shells sitting loosely in their respective rotary gear slots, hence the rattle.

Edited by ChileRelleno

" If it is really an issue with you, you can try to find out which shells are a little longer and see how the sound is then. Personally, I don't care about the rattle. By the time someone hears it.... it will most likely be too late"

"The drum is just a range toy and it really isn't that big of a deal to me I was just curious."

I already stated it wasnt that big of a deal to me as it is a range toy but thanks for your replies. I would leave the HD/SHTF situations(if that ever happens) for my factory 8 rounders

Edited by raidersfan_5544

" If it is really an issue with you, you can try to find out which shells are a little longer and see how the sound is then. Personally, I don't care about the rattle. By the time someone hears it.... it will most likely be too late"

"The drum is just a range toy and it really isn't that big of a deal to me I was just curious."

I already stated it wasnt that big of a deal to me as it is a range toy but thanks for your replies. I would leave the HD/SHTF situations(if that ever happens) for my factory 8 rounders

Didn't mean for you to take it that way. That wasn't what I was implying.... sorry.

The drum is made with extra room inside the drum (loose tolerances which enables the rounds to rattle inside the drum) modeled after the AK drums. The reasoning for this is so in the event dirt or debri gets inside the drum it won't neccessarily cause feeding problems because there is room for the gunk to go rather than the tight spaces between your rounds causing friction and difficulty in feeding your rounds reliably. This tried and trued "Rattle of reliability" theory is also used in Ak47's and we all know how reliable they are. Consider that noise a good thing...because if you weren't hearing that you probably are going to have some FTF problems. Albeit not a "stealth" factor, but hey... When do you plan sneaking up on a group of zombies haha.

Look at it from another point of veiw. Look at two different weapon platforms: the AR15 and the AK47. The AR15 has really tight tolerances and it absolutely hates dirt, sand, and mud. Why? Because it gets in the tight spaces between the cycling parts and causes havok in the AR. In order to keep it running we need to routinely clean it. People don't call these maitenance whores for no reason.

Now look at the AK47. Manufactured completely different with looser tolerances. Dirt and sand bother this platform a LOT less than it's counterpart and hardly requires any care. Why? Because there's a lot of excess space in between the moving parts to house the dirt and sand to alleviate problems that would surely corrupt an AR15. So because of this "loosely" designed weapon it's been coined with the phrase "Rattle of reliability."

Although breif, hopefully that will give you a little metaphor on why it's good to have your rounds rattling around in your drum.

No prob. I tend to take things the wrong way, alot

:lolol: Well.... in your defense, it's easy to take things wrong here because you can't see the look on my face or hear sarcasm or the lack of sarcasm in my voice. Damn internet, lol. Yes, absolutely no offense or sarcasm intended.

Sometimes these little noise, function, ergonomics, or cosmetic issues (stupid fucking logos on an otherwise perfect product!!) bug me too and I have to do an honest evaluation of whether or not it is normal/acceptable, and whether or not I can live with it.

With the drum rattle, I figure by the time an intruder thinks "WTF was that?", he/she will be buttstroked (with the butt of the gun .... not buttraped :lolol: ) or shot. Wow, I just had a good chuckle....

Finally got to shoot the drum(only fitted one so far). After my drum mag dump I could care less about a little rattle.

I took. Wasn't my fastest mag dump but I only had one drum worth of ammo to work with so this was it. Maybe someone could help me with the direct youtube link.

Thanks Mike I am very:

post-8476-066110900 1277169838_thumb.jpg

Edited by raidersfan_5544

Finally got to shoot the drum(only fitted one so far). After my drum mag dump I could care less about a little rattle.

I took. Wasn't my fastest mag dump but I only had one drum worth of ammo to work with so this was it. Maybe someone could help me with the direct youtube link.

Thanks Mike I am very:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUh3Yc7RPDA

Edited by illuminos_9

Thanks Mike I am very:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUh3Yc7RPDA

Kick ASS!!!!!

raidersfan,

It didn't take long to get past that rattle did it? say.... about 20 rounds? ;) Nice video. Maybe it's just me, but when I see S12 videos it looks like the shooter is enjoying it more than their other weapons. They are absolutely my favorite shooters and I don't have to worry the barrel being 'shot out' from shooting the snot out of it :killer:

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Just got this. I'm hoping a shipping confirmation follows close behind. Can't wait to hit the range!

The video from Saiga Power is way cool.

Your Order Status was updated to : Paid

-----------------------------------------------------

Order Number : EV-142XX

Order Date : 4/4/2010

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your support,

MD Arms, Ltd

My drum got delivered Thursday, so did my friends drum that ordered his the same day as me. We went out shooting Saturday and both drums ran flawlessly.

Thanks for a quality product Mike.

Here is the girlfriend of one of my friends shooting my Saiga with my drum. LOL she shoots like a girl ha ha.

37220_1500377875140_1404984680_3135.jpg