• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you like kissing a manufacturer's ass because he builds a product you like that's fine with me. My direct experience with MD arms of ordering accessories directly off their web site is one of havi

The delays had nothing to do with being busy. I won't go into all the details because the piss would probably run down your leg while tring to comprehend what your reading.   As far as customer ser

If I wanted to make an impression, I would put a dent in your head with my butt stock. I wake up in the morning with chunks of ego from guys like you in my shit. My comments were based on first hand

Posted Images

The drums that came in last Friday were from an order placed late January. It will be a while before our next order is shipped to us. We stay in line of ordering like everyone else.

You see, there are explanations for everything... So stay calm and remain confident. You'll get your prize MD-20, and it will be the best thing that ever happened to you. (Unless you've already been laid or won the lottery. Then it will be the second, or possibly third best thing. Though I couldn't imagine the human heart being able to withstand getting laid, winning the lottery and getting an MD-20 drum. At that piont you'd just have to kill yourself because life couldn't possibly get any better.) :)

If their operation is that small, then they should hire some more folks to help assemble and ship the drums.

ever hire someone and actually pay a living wage....and benefits....and taxes....and workers comp on them? It's not that simple.

he could do it under the table, and risk losing his business if the worker gets a paper cut and sues.

there's more to a small business than meets the eye. also, there are tons of unforseen circumstances that can pop up when trying to bring a product to market. One delay on a spring will stop the whole process.

it may take time, but Mike will come through.

caspian

.... and don't forget the Unemployment Tax Fund and payroll processing costs. I have to pay into the UTF garbage as an employer and the only way I can draw a dime of it is if I disolve my corporation or resign as President. Yes, hiring people isn't worth it these days. As with my customers, if they want quality.... they can wait for me to get it done. If they don't want to wait.... they can go somewhere else and get some bravo sierra for their money. I don't like waiting, but I like quality products. Those of you who don't want to wait for a great priced quality product should cancel your order.... I'll wait.

Thats what temp agencies are for.

.... ?

Whats the question? You need labor for a short period. You call the temp agency. They send someone over and charge you $16 an hour and pay them $10 an hour or less. You spend an hour training them how to do a simple task like assembling a magazine and if they work out you call them temp agency to send the same person over the next day. They don't work out you call the temp agency and tell them to send someone else. When you're done with the job you aren't able to finish yourself in a timely fashion you tell the temp agency you don't need any more help. They send you a bill. You pay it. You don't pay payroll tax or benefits or unemployment tax or any of it. That's the temp agencies problem. When you're done you're done.

I ordered a drum from CSS late sunday night and had it in my hands by lunchtime on tuesday!

I heard CSS is working on some Star Trek shit that beams your order directly into hands.

PSST... Don't tell nobody.

If their operation is that small, then they should hire some more folks to help assemble and ship the drums.

ever hire someone and actually pay a living wage....and benefits....and taxes....and workers comp on them? It's not that simple.

he could do it under the table, and risk losing his business if the worker gets a paper cut and sues.

there's more to a small business than meets the eye. also, there are tons of unforseen circumstances that can pop up when trying to bring a product to market. One delay on a spring will stop the whole process.

caspian

.... and don't forget the Unemployment Tax Fund and payroll processing costs. I have to pay into the UTF garbage as an employer and the only way I can draw a dime of it is if I disolve my corporation or resign as President. Yes, hiring people isn't worth it these days. As with my customers, if they want quality.... they can wait for me to get it done. If they don't want to wait.... they can go somewhere else and get some bravo sierra for their money. I don't like waiting, but I like quality products. Those of you who don't want to wait for a great priced quality product should cancel your order.... I'll wait.

I'd rather not have a temp assembling my drum. His return rate with temps making drums would probably erase his slim profit margin at selling them for $100. Temps can stuff envelopes with few errors. Even if they make errors, who notices junk mail improperly stuffed? Mechanical items such as drums are a different story. (see Century Arms)

MD Arms is using elves to assemble their drums. They're small, so you can fit a bunch of them into a small area. They're cheap because all you have to do is give them a few chocolate chip cookies. They're also able to work harder and longer because they are mystical creatures.

Win win if you ask me.

caspian

.... ?

Whats the question? You need labor for a short period. You call the temp agency. They send someone over and charge you $16 an hour and pay them $10 an hour or less. You spend an hour training them how to do a simple task like assembling a magazine and if they work out you call them temp agency to send the same person over the next day. They don't work out you call the temp agency and tell them to send someone else. When you're done with the job you aren't able to finish yourself in a timely fashion you tell the temp agency you don't need any more help. They send you a bill. You pay it. You don't pay payroll tax or benefits or unemployment tax or any of it. That's the temp agencies problem. When you're done you're done.

As bad as my General Liability audits have been, I don't need to give them another reason to shake me down and waste my time. I went through it the first year in business. They swore I was subcontracting work to other companies and threatened to raise my premium to "up to 300%". They thought I was pulling some sort of scam or loophole through the temp. I didn't find it appealing to be called a liar. Having a 'rent a drunk' or some soft handed couch potato for a few days just isn't worth the exposure, to me.

BTW My 5 drums, 3 Molot grips, and my other stuff shipped today. I knew I should have canceled my order. Now I'm going to have to fit 5 drums, install 3 grips, and shoot a Winchester Universal 100 round MD-20 drum dump video. Life sucks.... :haha:

"BTW My 5 drums, 3 Molot grips, and my other stuff shipped today. I knew I should have canceled my order. Now I'm going to have to fit 5 drums, install 3 grips, and shoot a Winchester Universal 100 round MD-20 drum dump video. Life sucks.... "

life sucks for me. I made my order before you and yours shipped first. Oh well

HERE is evlblkwpnz thread "help me choose some mags". Proof in post #8

Edited by raidersfan_5544

It appears that those who paid in full via Money Order/etc, are having their orders filled first.

The rest of us credit/debit card schmucks, will have to happily wait a lil'while longer. :rolleyes:

I see. I didnt know paying in full would have made a difference or I would have. Oh well

This is pure speculation. I would guess that they are going through the orders in order. The ones that are paid in full immediately get filled and shipped as they get to them. The orders that require more funds probably get added to the 'contact for final payment' list and they press onward adding to the list and getting paid orders out the door. As many people have ordered and still have a balance to pay, I would assume that list has thousands of people on it. Since order info is not the same, they have to notify each customer with an individual email. I wouldn't want the job of figuring out what each individual owes and having to email them. It seems like it would be ultra boring and the list would go slowly. It sounds like USPS MO and full payment is the way to go. I wasn't told to pay in full, I just took it upon myself so I wouldn't have to deal with it later. It did cause some confusion though, but we worked through it.

Try ordering a special build from Kimber! 7 months and never an email until it finally shipped. But, like the man said it was worth the wait! The one thing I am fascinated by and fully support is all the small businesses that have been created from a Russian product. Irony!!

I don't recall "Paying in Full" as being an option... But that was a little while ago. With the passage of time I feel like I absorbed that expense and when it does ship it will be like getting my drums for halfprice plus shipping. I was waiting on my Tromix order number to come up anyway...

I was pleasantly surprised to already have received my shotgun back from Tony. I am glad I have plenty of Surfire and AGP's (Not to mention a Promag or two) to keep my new toy fed. When my drum shows up, I will just have another excuse to go to the range and play...

Try ordering a special build from Kimber! 7 months and never an email until it finally shipped. But, like the man said it was worth the wait! The one thing I am fascinated by and fully support is all the small businesses that have been created from a Russian product. Irony!!

Kimber also wouldnt tell you your gun would be shipping in 6 weeks.

I don't recall "Paying in Full" as being an option... But that was a little while ago. With the passage of time I feel like I absorbed that expense and when it does ship it will be like getting my drums for halfprice plus shipping. I was waiting on my Tromix order number to come up anyway...

I was pleasantly surprised to already have received my shotgun back from Tony. I am glad I have plenty of Surfire and AGP's (Not to mention a Promag or two) to keep my new toy fed. When my drum shows up, I will just have another excuse to go to the range and play...

It wasn't a option per se, at least not for credit/debit cards, but many of those who paid by such as Money Order/etc, paid in full.

For those that have recieved their orders from MD, was any tracking info sent to you or did your order just show up? Was signature required for package release? I'm trying to figure out whether I need to be here or not.

Ordered mine on February 23...#129xx I'm in no hurry, though. Just hoping to get it for the 4th of July. If he has that many orders to put together then I guess it could take a little longer than that.

This was posted by Craig from MD Arms yesterday, over at The AK Forum (http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=129067):

The word is, we have begun to ship the 3000+ pre-orders. It is a slow process as we are getting different components in at different speeds. If you guys PM me your email addresses or order numbers I will give you a better estimate as to when your drums will ship.

Thanks once again for your patience.

Craig

I'm going out on a limb here and thinking the email address in question is probably http://info@mdarms.com, since there was no other email address in the post (that I could find).

I work at a place which recently introduced a new product; what we got was not finished product, but the parts to assemble the product, and we discovered that it is very easy for demand for said product to outstrip our ability to assemble enough to ship all that is demanded. If indeed there are three thousand units back-ordered, then I am prepared to wait long enough for them to assemble my drums correctly. With all respect to CSS, I would really like to have mine come direct from the factory . . .

This was posted by Craig from MD Arms yesterday, over at The AK Forum (http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=129067):

The word is, we have begun to ship the 3000+ pre-orders. It is a slow process as we are getting different components in at different speeds. If you guys PM me your email addresses or order numbers I will give you a better estimate as to when your drums will ship.

Thanks once again for your patience.

Craig

Thanks for sharing what you have heard...ANY new information is appreciated, even if it is second or third hand...lol