Well I ordered Feb 9th order number high 1100's still no drum. Not sure how back up he is but he sure is making good money on the intrest of $50 deposit for thousands on order!!!

If he was making the drums himself and the rate on savings wasnt about 2.25% that might be true. He contracts out the mods and parts and those take money to pay for up front. Even if he held onto all of it the interest for 6 months on $100,000 at 2.25% is less than $3000.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you like kissing a manufacturer's ass because he builds a product you like that's fine with me. My direct experience with MD arms of ordering accessories directly off their web site is one of havi

The delays had nothing to do with being busy. I won't go into all the details because the piss would probably run down your leg while tring to comprehend what your reading.   As far as customer ser

If I wanted to make an impression, I would put a dent in your head with my butt stock. I wake up in the morning with chunks of ego from guys like you in my shit. My comments were based on first hand

Posted Images

I agree people shouldnt get so upset about a drum but I can see how some people do. If he would have just said the drums wont be ready untill summer there would be alot less complaining, but when you get a notice they will be shipping and it gets put off and put off again it gets old.

Summer???I was hoping for Christmas, not gonna say what year

Just got home from a great trip with some great people and I'm tired... I'm not going to go into any detail tonight but will tomorrow. But what I can say right now is there is a reason the word "ass" is in assume. I'll quench this fire tomorrow!

Easy folks.

MD said he'd quench this fire tomorrow.

Let's see what it's all about before people state he is foul mouthing his customers.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ASSumed his parts supplier would deliver as expected or or or something else with production and shipping is amiss.

All right...

We had obligations for shipment of drums before we took any 3rd run pre-orders; dealers, people that order in the 30 days prior to our price drop, ..., ... And those were at the top of the list. And yes, some orders shipped out of order and off the top. But not many at all... The orders that shipped off the top were order that were paid in full. These was mail-in payment orders. The reason I did this was during the first and second run pre-orders (08-07 thru 03-09 time line) we had a problem with orders PAID in full. While processing "deposit received" orders we found it was easy to miss a paid in full order. We usually caught it quickly but during the second run we was missing some paid orders up to 2 weeks past their shipping queue. At that time we cleared the Paid orders from our system to make sure it didn't happen anymore. And for logistic reasons quietly planned to continue the policy for the third run preorder to assure the same.

Most people have been great! Just like in our 1st and 2nd run... I thank every one for that support and patience, both past and present!!!! And I also don't blame or judge anyone for wondering why there has been delays and what is going on, ..., ... But a very small few are taking their wonders and "ASSuming" to a whole different level. And publicly posting it. And to those...

I have read people writing MD Arms is unorganized , in over his head... All kinds off other silly down right ridiculous stuff... To all of those... You may want to start your watch and be amazed at the level of drums and orders we can assemble and ship a day when we have everything we need. We will be rocking these things out now, just watch!!! I am betting most people would tremble once they realized the logistics involved in having parts produced. And the logistics of assembly, and shipping and order handling. We won't talk about making our own molds and designing new solid designs, some of which was thought couldn't be done reliably, and the many other things we are doing...

As far as complaints of lack of communication... We have sent out MULTIPLE update emails to all customers... We have all preorder information clear and easily found posted on our site.

Broken promises... The only thing MD Arms has promised is you will receive your drums, AND YOU WILL. And that they will be the best drum made, period.!!! We clearly stated there could be delays and have stated if that wait ever becomes to long that you may cancel an order for a full refund. We have never denied one single person that. ( Best Drum Made Period? I am already getting reports of breaking Promag drums; broken teeth on gears, cracked drum bodies from being dropped, and I personally saw a cracked cover tab on one of their 20rd drums this weekend just from being fired and not dropped... Hopefully we will hear some of these Promag reports here from the first hand accounts. That is something that has never happened with an MD drum to my knowledge... I have received TWO returned covers with one broken tab each, which was due to over tightening, very likely from the customer's fault. We replaced them... Never a broken tooth on a gear or a cracked drum body from a drop. We have tortured the holy hell out of ours. Beating with hammers, shooting with bird shot, running over, throwing loaded 20 feet straight up to land on asphalt, multiple 4 ft drop test on concrete. We have shipped many thousands of our drums since September of 2008...

Delays??? We are a small company, 5 full time employees... We can't manufacture every single part ourselves at this point. Hopefully sooner than later we will be able to. Even then we will still be at the mercy of raw material delivery... If we don't receive all the components needed to assembly then guess what, we cant assemble and ship drums. Do any of you think you are worried about the 1, 2, 3, ..,,... you have pre-ordered more than I am worried about the 1xxxx I am waiting on? Oh yeah, not only am I worried about my orders placed for parts I am worried about each and everyone of your orders and drums as well. As well as all of the other people that ARE patiently waiting. That is thousands of orders and many thousands of drums due to vast amounts of multiple drum orders. And dealer orders that are starting to pouring in is greatly adding to drums ordered...

Assembly.... Currently I personally inspect every single drum body before assembly... Do you think the owner of Promag does that for ANY of their stuff (or person in charge). Or even cares for that matter as long as some sucker buys it? They apparently didn't even properly test the durability of their drum if customers are breaking them so quickly and easily...

I sure as hell hope this is the last pre-order I ever have to do! When we dropped our price of the drum we sold our remaining stock of 698 drums in less than 5 days and had people begging to be able to preorder. And with the way these things are selling now we very well might have to do another before a 4th run can be complete and in stock...

I do care about my customers. That includes you. I do hate to have delays. But I have heard about enough of this shit. You don't like it and can't accept it, please cancel your order. If you don't cancel and continue posting stupid shit here or in other forums you will soon find yourself back in this thread complaining how I personally canceled your order for you. I don't want to do that, I do want to sell you the best there is, but if your going to make yourself a problem for me then I will.

Thanks, MikeD

Easy folks.

MD said he'd quench this fire tomorrow.

Let's see what it's all about before people state he is foul mouthing his customers.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ASSumed his parts supplier would deliver as expected or or or something else with production and shipping is amiss.

msrdiver, thanks. And yes... at times I ASSume as well,lol! We are only human. My past ASSuming on AGP 10rd mag delays damn near makes me blush now... And now I am not so quick to ASSume and if I do I try to make it a point to first state I am only ASSuming and may be missing something all together. I was one of the same jackasses that thought because it was plastic you could make a million pieces a day for a penny per thousand parts ( highly exaggerated number, lol). But I now know what all is really involved and most importantly have come to expect delays. It is usually one thing you can count on with something of this scale!!! And the more care that goes into a part the longer it takes!

Thanks for the update Mike, I have been following this thread and it is just amazing how people just come up with all the negativity from being impatient. Some people make it seem like they are waiting on a doner kidney and that their life is in jeopardy. My order number is in the 14XXX and ordered mine on the 29th of April, and am anxious to get one, but until then, I will just shoot my AGP mags.. :D

Todd

Edited by Todd

I knew there was a really good reason to ship my order ahead of the others :haha: No one wanted to hear it though....

I had a BFE shooting trip yesterday and shot the hell out of my 5 MD-20s.... in a thunder storm, so no video for now. I am really impressed with the design of these drums. They are user friendy and I can put one together in about 3.5 minutes.... I had to disassemble all five to get the water out of them. Today was reassembly day.

Mike,

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to making top tier products. Glad you cleared the air too.

Keep 'em coming Mike :checkered_flag:

Now when do the doublestacks come out?

awww.....man, i was going to start a rumor about you running around with a great tan and cornrows and a speculated Jamaican vacation. Guess people will have to settle for the truth of working hard to fulfill orders.

The first pre-order was Mexico so I can see Jamacia for the 2nd ;)

I figured Mike would make good on my order this time, just like last time.

Mike:

I knew you'd politely notify us of what was going on in the shop. I still enjoy your product. This weekend is a quick get together and shoot with friends in Ottowa, Illinois. The drum may actually sway them to purchase a Saiga. One person is so happy to have his SXS for home defense. I think he'll croak when he learns what he could have bought for similar money :)

Can't wait to shoot my 1 Buck trial loads in my gun that recently came back from Cadiz.

I was a pre order from Feb. 8 and I received my drum today. I am very pleased. Mike and his people do a great job. Most people on this forum are great but some of you need to cut MD Arms some slack. They are filling orders and will continue to do so. We all knew it was a pre order. Oh well, again i am not trying to rip on any individuals on this forum i just think md is doing the best they can.

So Mike, I just ordered mine three weeks ago why isn't it here??

LOL, Just kidding. The drums are the best thing going. Of all the mags I own its the only truely reliable one. I can wait as long it takes.

Thanks Mike!!