brownbear utopia

shot brown bear 308 fmj..... perfect!

Bought a 308 w/conversion and it was flawless at 50 yrds 1.5 - 2" and a sweet 2" at 100 great gun, and ammo was consistent barring my to much coffee shooting performance.

does any have the same results w/ 16" and surefire 25rd mag?

Edited by ir4cool

You think that's good? Try Federal Gameking (for hunting) or Matchking (for target). The limiting factor will be the weapon, not the ammo. That stuff shoots ~ 0.5 MOA from my 308 boltgun.

You think that's good? Try Federal Gameking (for hunting) or Matchking (for target). The limiting factor will be the weapon, not the ammo. That stuff shoots ~ 0.5 MOA from my 308 boltgun.

Yeah, but is it 7 bucks a box????

Yeah, but is it 7 bucks a box????

Thats what i'm talking about! I guess my point is with 7 dollars a box ammo i am pleased with this rifle, and yes if want to spend more

i could get even better results.

I have(or will have) about 300 rounds on hand of decent Port. military brass ammo on hand for "real" use :rolleyes: . For plinking and the range Brown and Silver Bear work fine and cost a hell of a lot less. If I ever do an Appleseed with the Saiga I'll go with Silver Bear.

shot brown bear 308 fmj..... perfect!

Bought a 308 w/conversion and it was flawless at 50 yrds 1.5 - 2" and a sweet 2" at 100 great gun, and ammo was consistent barring my to much coffee shooting performance.

does any have the same results w/ 16" and surefire 25rd mag?

I love the BIG FIREBALL on my16" barrel... :killer:

My S308 also likes Brown Bear more than many types of brass. Not sure why but I wont argue with it and yes if I want to pay a buck a round I do get tighter groups and a smaller savings account.

Edited by Rhodes1968

I do not have the brass Port. ammo on hand yet and I'm going to a semi-auto rifle match this morning :killer: ...Yesterday I stopped by my local shop to get a few boxes of decent ammo too shoot today, but the boneheads totally screwed up, putting some other guys purchases on my debit card(luckily I caught it...) All this has tired up my funds until it all clears back, so I'm going to have to take my Brown Bear for the match.....Hell, sounds like it might not be a bad thing :) I'll report back.

I do not have the brass Port. ammo on hand yet and I'm going to a semi-auto rifle match this morning :killer: ...Yesterday I stopped by my local shop to get a few boxes of decent ammo too shoot today, but the boneheads totally screwed up, putting some other guys purchases on my debit card(luckily I caught it...) All this has tired up my funds until it all clears back, so I'm going to have to take my Brown Bear for the match.....Hell, sounds like it might not be a bad thing :) I'll report back.

Good luck with the match :killer: just to reiterate i was touting good consistency with cheap ammo. Went to the range today and again 2-3" groups but consistant groups. The only time i had flyers was when i discovered my scope mounts were loose :ded: . When tightend back up zero returned. Even with warm barrel this 16" saiga even impressed my AR FAITHFUL BUDDIES who by the the way were shooting high end factory and hand loads.

For some reason...the match I showed up at wasn't quite what I thought it was....Go ahead put one in each bullseye of an A17 target at 100y with a 16" iron sight rifle, you've never shot before.... a-17.jpg:lolol:

I did the match anyway, the rifle ran fine and most shots were on paper, the Brown Bear seemed consistent enough

I have to take it for some real sighting on a proper target but I had a blast today :D

Edited by PaiN

For some reason...the match I showed up at wasn't quite what I thought it was....Go ahead put one in each bullseye of an A17 target at 100y with a 16" iron sight rifle, you've never shot before.... a-17.jpg:lolol:

I did the match anyway, the rifle ran fine and most shots were on paper, the Brown Bear seemed consistent enough

I have to take it for some real sighting on a proper target but I had a blast today :D

HA HA, ok and were is my DPMS?...yeah, good going trying any way. :smoke:

I know this is kind of off topic but it cracks me up....here's me with the Saiga(yes I am taking s**t from the old guy next to me about my gun)

DSC02562.jpg

and here's a sample of what most guys were shooting

DSC02558.jpg

hilarious

Edited by PaiN

I know this is kind of off topic but it cracks me up....here's me with the Saiga(yes I am taking s**t from the old guy next to me about my gun)

DSC02562.jpg

DSC02558.jpg

hilarious

YYeah thats funny! AR buddies were making jokes until they were ftf, Fte and ftl-ing and i was steady popping my target! Nice rifle do you favor the sporter set-up? oh by the way thought it was a auto match?

Edited by ir4cool

DSC02562.jpg

DSC02558.jpg

hilarious

Saiga 308 may not be as cool as AR10 or as accurate as Rem700, but on the other hand who cares. Enjoy you gun and dont pay attention to all those old farts

I always tell them to dump dirt in their receiver and see if it will fire, mine will because its a battle rifle intended for use in any environment and do more than put little holes in paper or some animal that cant shoot back.

I can tell from the look on my face, I'm trying to act like I'm listening...out of respect for an "older" generation...sometimes its best to eat it and shut up. Besides that was nothing compared to what I had to take after I started hurling Brown Bear fire balls and percussion down range. :angel:

A few weeks ago at the range, I had an old timer shooting a Weatherby hunting rifle at the bench next to me tell me to "Get that crap outta here!" and move 3 benches down after I fired a few rounds out of my S308 with SGM break. I think the concussion from my semi-rapid fire shooting was a bit distracting for him. Those crotchity old men make me laugh every time with there un-approving glares and and general dissent for anything new and different.naaaa.gif

I don't think line courtesy has a lot to do with age. If you know your rifle has a brake that creates a lot of blow back it is just decency to attempt not to disturb others. The only time Ive ever had any issues at a range was when someone objected to my side arm that I always wear when around armed strangers. And yes its legal. Now sure Ive had AR snobs give me crap but Ive already posted how to handle those guys.

I don't think line courtesy has a lot to do with age. If you know your rifle has a brake that creates a lot of blow back it is just decency to attempt not to disturb others.

The crotchity old dude was to my immediate right. There was another older gentleman shooting an AR10 with a very similar break to my immediate left. The old guy to my right got pissed at me AFTER he took a look at my gun and my tattoos, then gave me shit. The man with the AR10 had nothing to say about muzzle blast, only interest in my gun and ink (since he had a few tatts of his own). Point being, you are at a gun range. You have to expect there to be shells and hot gases flying. That is why people wear eye/ear protection. He could have handled the situation differently. He certainly wasn't the only person feeling the concussion from gun shots, but he WAS the only crotchity old man there. Most of the other older dudes there were cool. I had the Rangemaster, that same range trip, compliment me on "how cool my rifle is" and "how neat it looked with the blast shooting out to the sides".

But hey, isn't Brown Bear ammo awesome!027.gif

That is true BB is good stuff and given the details you didn't do anything wrong. I tend to avoid times where the range is busy myself if for no other reason than armed strangers with questionable safety concerns bothers me, thus the sidearm.

The Brown Bear does seem to be a good match for the Saiga.....Hell, goes bang every time, shoots accurately and is 1/3 the price of brass ammo :dollar: what's not to like..?

Is there anything to be gained "stepping up" a few cents per box for Silver Bear?