Just got back from my 3rd and last nephew to graduate tonite. Before the ceremonies started, we faced the American Flag and sang the National Anthem, hat wearers were asked to remove their hats in respect for the vets. Later, the "opening" girl gave her speech and ended in a prayer that ended in "in Jesus Name, Amen"., There were a couple of prayers in the whole sequence. Many of the kids were National Honor Society and/or Sigma Phi Beta. My nephew was an honor roll student, an Eagle Scout, went to State in football, and went to State in wrestling, as well as being a high officer in FFA. He is a normal, everyday down to earth cool kid, like much of his class of 56 students. All three nephews are Eagle Scouts, and all are articulate and driven. Maybe not all is lost in the U.S.A. The turnout at his after graduation ceremony was phenomenal. I just wanted to share because I am so proud of these guys and what they have accomplished. We need more kids like this, and more parental involvement, and more community involvement. Support your local community, and even more important, support and encourage your kids. Get involved.

thats cool, i had my graduation last friday....college is great....

when they did the national anthem i was disappointed at how many people forgot to cover the heart.....

but what i dont understand, when they pray, since several different people are involved, dif religions and whatnot, why dont they do a generalized prayer to god? they can be beautiful prayers but at the end they isolate everyone who is not christian. if they gave a general to god amen, the everyone could participate.....