NEW IMPORTER UPDATE!!

It seems that I recall that this whole matter has been hashed out...

The "Large American Company" (Remington) will be importing the "Spartan" line, but from what I distinctly recall hearing, the Saiga 12 isn't involved in this importation scheme as Remington has too much invested in selling 1100's and 11/87's to import an inexpensive, reliable 12 gauge autoloader.

Shit you guys are prolly right. Wishful thinking again... I thought the Baikals were already here. Sorry.

Hey look out the wolves are coming...!  :cryss:

Better load your "Big-Mag" with buck-shots, C... That'll take care of wolves... :lolol:

Why not wait and see? Assuming things does not do any good to any of you guys.

Things have tendency to work out, sooner or later, right?

I know, it's easy for me to say, but U.S. is so large market area someone will start importing eventually.

Unless Remington hasn't made any specific deal with Izmash...

Nothing much more to do than wait, is there?

Lynching Cobra for raising false expectations (twice!) will not solve the problem... Although it might make you feel better... :rolleyes:

And afterall, there are only speculations about what guns will be imported and what not, so S-12 might be imported as well as not?!

Seeing is believing!

--Make

It seems that I recall that this whole matter has been hashed out...

The "Large American Company" (Remington) will be importing the "Spartan" line, but from what I distinctly recall hearing, the Saiga 12 isn't involved in this importation scheme as Remington has too much invested in selling 1100's and 11/87's to import an inexpensive, reliable 12 gauge autoloader.

Schzwartzenegger says:

NOOOOOOOOOOO.........NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I personally saw hundreds of pallets with new Saigas being shipped to the US! A bunch of pathetic little girly men tried to stop the ship from reaching harbor using their pathetic little weak arms. I rounded them up with an army of cyborgs from the futua. Our assault was as overwhelming as my smash holiday classic Jingle all the way. Then I tied them all up with their pathetic little striped ties until they were as tight as my ripped biceps and threw them into the water and then I turned to the camera and said "you're all washed up"

:lolol:

Ah who am I kidding, you're probably right.

I have seen the Remington/Spartan/Baikal shotguns for several months at the local Gander Mountain store.  The deal with Baikal is old news, this appear to be new news.  Maybe time to contact the importer again.

This link supports that Remington/Spartan/Baikal are together and Saiga will be with someone else. http://www.lesjones.com/posts/001269.shtml

Izhmash/Saiga hopefully had a contract that read, If minimum sales were not met by the importer,they would be dropped and a new importer would be chosen.

0 sales minus dropped importer = NEW IMPORTER

Saiga is probably putting a big order together to meet the expected demand,besides the importer having to get the paperwork straight.

let's hope.

I have seen ads for the Spartan line by Remington in several gun magazines. Unfortunately, I read so many gun mags that I cannot recall when I saw it or where :(

If I recall correctly, Remington just bought out the Spartan/Baikal import license/contract from EAA. Therefore, it is not a new business/importer for Izhmash, because it is still the same contract and same license, right?

Does anyone know how much RAA will sell the S-12s for?