My 5.45 Conversion

My 5.45 conversion has the following parts;

AK74 Muzzle device

AK74 FSB from Apex

Surefire Forearm

Tapco trigger - single hook

Tapco Retaining Plate

MD Arms pistol grip

Ace Stock block - removed tang (no going back)

Ace Buttstock

Kalinka Scope Mount

Warne Scope Rings

Bushnell 10X Scope

Dinzagarms Bullet guide

Mako Bipod mount

Duracoat OD Green paint

The rifle went together pretty quickly.

Mistakes -

1. Cut Ace stock block to clear the handgrip nut - should have put the block rails under the nut. I had to add some screws to secure the Ace stock block.

2. Before removing the FSB, drilled holes for the pins using the original FSB as a guide. Unfortunately, the original FSB had the pins on the bottom and the new FSB had the pins on the top. The new FSB hides the bottom pin holes.

post-10931-12742146216049_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice, how do you like the foregrip? I've decided on the same one for my conversion. While that buttstock does look nice, I do like the idea of being able to store a cleaning kit in the tapco, or similar stocks, so I think I'm going to go that route myself.

Looking very nice, how do you like the foregrip? I've decided on the same one for my conversion. While that buttstock does look nice, I do like the idea of being able to store a cleaning kit in the tapco, or similar stocks, so I think I'm going to go that route myself.

I'm not sure what you mean by the foregrip? I like the Surefire forearm better then the Tapco and it is cheaper than the DPH arms (although it is metal). I use a CAA short grip on the Surefire forearm (not pictured). The MD Arms grip has a nice strong feel rather than the feel of the slim AK style grip.

Last night, I shot 100 rounds at the range. No problems with the rifle. The scope retained zero even though it was removed to put the Saiga in a case. The AK74 mags worked good with no feeding issues.

I'm not sure what you mean by the foregrip? I like the Surefire forearm better then the Tapco and it is cheaper than the DPH arms (although it is metal). I use a CAA short grip on the Surefire forearm (not pictured). The MD Arms grip has a nice strong feel rather than the feel of the slim AK style grip.

Last night, I shot 100 rounds at the range. No problems with the rifle. The scope retained zero even though it was removed to put the Saiga in a case. The AK74 mags worked good with no feeding issues.

Yeah, I meant to say forearm/handguard, vertical foregrip was a misstype. I was looking at those, too, yesterday. :P Glad to hear that you're liking your system, though. That MD Arms grip does look nice and I hear a lot of good things about it, I may end up getting one in the not too distant future. Ordered everything last night, hopefully it all starts getting shipped out pretty soon. :killer:

Looks nice, I am glad you were able to fix the stock. How well does the krink brake work?

The krink brake works good - I guess. I had shot very few rounds before putting it on. One person at the range asked me if it a .308 because he said it is loud. I'm shooting the battlepack 5.45 rounds.

Looks nice, I am glad you were able to fix the stock. How well does the krink brake work?

The krink brake works good - I guess. I had shot very few rounds before putting it on. One person at the range asked me if it a .308 because he said it is loud. I'm shooting the battlepack 5.45 rounds.

Hah, nice!