Ugly but ready,,what a Saiga should be.

I just finished up my rebuild of my S12. Had a basic conversion before with a warfield but it puked. Had to take a year off from shooting much due to my work hours.

Now I am able to get back into multigun/3gun for local stuff this year. I wanted to do some changes and here is how it turned out. It aint pretty but its pretty much what I wanted,, at this point.

IMG_0294.jpg

I have to thank CSS and Jack at JT Eng for the info, tips and answered questions. Jack also did the bolt for me.

Unfortunatly Gregg was out of the JT Eng extended mag release and this one is a Ram. Its not bad but I dont need a ambi and will either cut off the unused side or spring for the JT when its in stock.

IMG_0297.jpg

Had to use a mill at work to fit the magwell cause it did have a fit problem with the reciever where the mag release is. Plus the stock had to have a bit of mill work done to fit and the grip to fit the trigger guard. And the dustcover as well. I wish I could have taken the reciever to work to drill the dot mount holes but couldnt. Using the magwell instructions on moding the mags I have done 4 12 round surefire mags that snap in toped off as easy as pie. SCHWING!! I drilled witness holes for 8 10 and 12 rounds. I hope to make it to the range Friday to function check and zero the FastFire. I had almost as much fun doing this as shooting. I dont know if anyone else marks mags to identify ammo. I use green tape for Remi slugs, red tape for pheasant loads for the star and and untaped for birdshot.

IMG_0298.jpg

It just snaps on like normal. The trim is right around where the mount is on the reciever. I marked the points where the mount was on the length and at work got it in a mill and went by the wear marks on the inside for depth. Was a little tricky getting in a vize and had to use a block to just clamp on one side of it upside down. Used 3/8 mill and went slow. Sheet metal is a little dicey to do like that. Could have used a cut off or dremel but this worked and was much cleaner.

Looks good. If I may ask, why didn't you go with a QD Side rail mount for the red dot?

Also, are the holes in the back of the mag for Round count? I've thought of doing something similar on the left sides of mine for my Bullpup.

Again looks good, and glad to hear your shooting again.

Looks good. If I may ask, why didn't you go with a QD Side rail mount for the red dot?

Also, are the holes in the back of the mag for Round count? I've thought of doing something similar on the left sides of mine for my Bullpup.

Again looks good, and glad to hear your shooting again.

The JT mount is small and very light. and it gets down really low on the gun plus the eye relief distance is about perfect. The holes are for round count. I had a clear mag and layed it next to the other ones and added the distance to mark the 12th round.

• 2 weeks later...