George

We had 12 IZ240s that were scheduled to be delivered Wednesday, but they were not receive. We spoke to the distributor and they cannot locate them in their warehouse. There are not any 5.45x39s available to us, so we have voided your order. If you would like to make another firearm order in the future, we can credit you the $25 shipping on the next firearm order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nathan

I ordered a 5.45 Saiga rifle from MAA Tuesday evening, there were "9 in stock" when I went to place my order, then 8 after I ordered. I was stoked, read good things about them and was confident in my order, which also included all of the necessary conversion parts, ~$550 order. I call the next day to see if my gun shop sent the FFL info out, no dice. I call my FFL dealer the next day and ask if they sent it out, they put me on hold and then say they'll call me back later, but my local dealer is a separate issue from my dealing with MAA. I call MAA today to see if they received it, they said no. I drive to my dealer to see if they faxed it, they said yes, they sent it the day before. I call MAA back and they said yeah, they found it after I called (but decided not to call me back which would've prevented me from having to drive to my dealer). I go to work and come home and see an order confirmation from MAA and I sigh glad that it's over. I open the order confirmation and I get what's in the quote at the top. Instead of putting my order on hold and asking if I still want everything else, which I didn't anyway, but it's the thought that counts, they went ahead and voided the whole order. Now I have parts mags and accessories coming from other places and no gun to put them on. What a wonderful experience... :ded:

When are they going to get more in? Who knows... You can keep your $25 shipping credit, MAA.

The thing that pisses me off is that it took them 3 days to tell me that the rifle they claimed to have in stock and I purchased was actually not in stock... So now I have to wait until Monday to place my order at CSS. :\

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis

Wow...

he offered $25 he dident have to, to try to ease your inconvenience...and you blast him twice, Stock numbers are very Volatile when you do alot of business Sounds to me if the FFL got there on time you would have had no problems, Good Luck with your conversion...

Got there on time? They allegedly "hold" your order for 10 days as they wait for your FFL and payment. 3 days is less than 10, last I checked.

5. Under no circumstances will we accept a credit card for the sale of a firearm. If you would like to purchase, please complete the order via the mail in option. Once your order is made, we will hold your firearm for 10 days from the date of order. If FFL and payment are not received by us within 10 days of the order being placed, we will sell the rifle to the next person on the list.

He offered me $25 he didn't have after he offered me a gun he also didn't have. Now that these three days are up, it looks like everyone else is out of them as well, so it doesn't look like there will be a conversion.

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis

I have never had any dealings with MAA so I pretty much dont have any say in this. But just my 2pennies.

As frustrating as it is and as bad as it sucks. Look at the bright side, at least they tried to make it right. I hate more than any thing dealing with a company that screwed up, then wont even attempt to make it right.

They sell items in their store, online store, Gunbroker and eBay, so they can't always guarantee the in stock quantities will be 100% accurate at all times on their web store. The same thing goes for any other web store that also has a real brick-and-mortar place of business. I've been ordering parts from them since back when I got my first Saiga 7.62 and have never had any problems.

As far as the shipping credit goes, did they refund your entire purchase price including shipping, or did they keep $25.00 and just offer to apply it to a future order?

They sell items in their store, online store, Gunbroker and eBay, so they can't always guarantee the in stock quantities will be 100% accurate at all times on their web store. The same thing goes for any other web store that also has a real brick-and-mortar place of business. I've been ordering parts from them since back when I got my first Saiga 7.62 and have never had any problems.

As far as the shipping credit goes, did they refund your entire purchase price including shipping, or did they keep $25.00 and just offer to apply it to a future order?

As for KC's question: no, they didn't go as far as charging my credit card or ship anything. The order was on hold and waiting for the gun, I guess.

The $25 credit for shipping was nice and all, but I would have rather had a gun than shipping. Had I been told the next day, which I wouldn't have minded, then I wouldn't have had to be running to my dealer to make sure he sent out the FFL info and I could have still had time to order the last one from CSS. I would have also had time to cancel the magazines, ammo and other accessories I had ordered for the gun on another website. Again, if it said there was one in stock but there actually wasn't, then I'd be more understanding with that as well. But they had nine rifles listed as in stock and told me that there weren't three days later. I called them to check up on my order, ask a question and see if they received my FFL information 3-4 times, and no one ever mentioned to me that they didn't even have the rifle that I ordered. From the message I ended up receiving on the third day, I believe that they were counting rifles that they had ordered from their distributor, but didn't have in their stock at the time. If that's the case, they should have been listed as back-ordered, not as in stock.

I'll admit that I was a little overly-angered, I guess, at first, mostly because these rifles are very hard to find right now and everywhere else online is sold out, from what I've seen. That being said, I still don't really think this was right/it doesn't sit well with me and I'm still going to be using another supplier in the future, personally, despite the shipping credit.

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis

Although it's inconvenient (and disappointing) for you that they ran out of guns while processing your order, I think it's important to note that this customer didn't get "screwed" in any way and that MAA attempted to financially compensate him for the inconvenience.

Nathan is a great guy and a solid businessman. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, things don't work out as you want them to; especially when you have a busy shop with a lot of orders going out as MAA does.

I understand your disappointment and you certainly have the right to do business with whoever you choose, but this is not a typical scenario in my experience.

Although it's inconvenient (and disappointing) for you that they ran out of guns while processing your order, I think it's important to note that this customer didn't get "screwed" in any way and that MAA attempted to financially compensate him for the inconvenience.

Nathan is a great guy and a solid businessman. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, things don't work out as you want them to; especially when you have a busy shop with a lot of orders going out as MAA does.

I understand your disappointment and you certainly have the right to do business with whoever you choose, but this is not a typical scenario in my experience.

Again, I'm going to reiterate my main problem with the transaction. It took them 3 days (I ordered Tuesday night, so wednesday, thursday and friday), amidst a few phone calls from myself where there were never any doubts about the order, to realize that they "ran out of guns" while processing my order (again, 9 guns were listed as in-stock). In those 3 days I continued to purchase items for the expected gun and went to my dealer a couple of times to get the FFL info sent. Again, if I was informed the next day, I would have been fine... simple mistake. I consider 3 days screwing me out of my time waiting for something that isn't coming. Anyway, How does it take 3 days to realize you don't have the gun? That is, unless they were counting backordered guns as in-stock, then that makes sense. I also don't think listing backordered items as in-stock is good business practice.

I have no doubt that most of his transactions go quite smoothly, that's one of the reasons why I decided to go with MAA, but if has a busy shop where things might not work as we want them to sometimes, then critical feedback should also be expected. If anything, and if this is what happened, then hopefully this thread will convince MAA to not list backordered items as in-stock, but rather as backordered. I just wanted to get my experience out there.

-5 for that? It sucks to get your hopes but its more like a -.0001 at best. I have had a lot worse and not been offered jack. I hope the rest of your days on earth are not filled with such hardships as this. :lolol: