Wrong Conversion - Disappointed

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Mr. Tony Rumore I did not insult you, and I am not a nut case. Nor have I insulted anyone else.   Nice that you admit you have f*cked up plenty of stuff. And if your customers tolerate that, w

My, My everybody is so quick to jump on the blame game.   Remember we have only heard one side of the story, and I admit he got poor service but he has to share some of blame for insisting on unsafe

Now all you guys, hold your horses,   I agree the customer has a gripe that it is not exactly like he thought it was going to be. And I agree that he has a gripe that took too long, but it seems pa

Posted Images

I think you were screwed.

I also personally think you know enough about what you are doing to have simply done it yourself. At the most, send some disassembled parts off to somebody to get coated to your spec's.

Order and assemble your own, man....Get exactly what you want and be proud of your own handiwork.

JMHO

guido

ETAC/GoGuns, right?

ETA: I think the one good thing that happened is that you didn't get the SOCOM stock. Per the ACE website: NOTE: The Ace Socom Stock is designed and intended for calibers up to and including 7.62x39. Use on weapons of higher calibers such as, but not limited to: 12 Gauge Shotgun, .450 Bushmaster, 458 Socom, .499LWRC, .50 Beowulf, .50 BMG may cause damage to your stock that will not be covered by warranty.

Edited by elvis christ

ETAC/GoGuns, right?

yeah the $2000 price tag with a tapco rail

I didn't order a tapco rail. Supposedly it's a temporary rail until he sends me the painted OD green Ultimak. What odds do you place on that? I mean why send the gun after already waiting 23 months? What difference would another month make?

I wouldn't be thankful to receive something I didn't pay for. In other words, regardless if the SOCOM stock might fail with higher calibers, it's what I ordered and paid for. I clearly received a lower priced alternative.

No, your average person cannot do the kind of work I sought. This wasn't your run of the mill bolt on conversion.

The question isn't about what I should have done. I clearly know what I shouldn't have done 23 months ago. The question is what is the best course of action in resolving my current situation. I am clearly in possession of a converted S-12 that isn't close to what I ordered, both in accessories and cosmetics. Yeah, I won't be a repeat buyer. But what should I do to get what I paid for? It's kind of like special ordering a truck with blue pin strip and you get it with smoke green paint instead of pin striping, but you already paid for it.

SIDE FOLDER CONVERSION MILLED T/G & BACK PLATE (PART # SAW PG FURN OD GREEN) = $650

ULTIMAK RAIL OD GREEN REC MOD = $300

ACE SOCOM STOCK = $100

TROMIX SHARK BREAK = $100

HK SIGHTS front rail mounted = $165

VERT CHARGING HANDLE = $120

RAIL = $150

EXTENDED CHECKERED MAG RELEASE = $65

EXTENDED CHECKERED SAFETY = $85

IZHMASH SAIGA 12 BASE GUN (DISCOUNTED $50) = $500

LAVA SHIELD FINISH BLACK (DISCOUNTED $50) = $100

BARREL RAMPING & SAFETY STOPPER (DISCOUNTED $110) = $0.00

FED EX SHIPPING = $35

basscat,

I already have the basic gist of your problem, as stated in your OP, but can you fill in the specifics in a PM.

Thanks & please be patient as we try to understand and assist you with this issue.

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

return it....he told you what you would get.....you did not get this....give the gun up without ever shooting it, demand a full refund(maybe minus shipping) and then like the other people said diy and what you cant do have someone who wont f up your s do it....some pretty good forum members can do alot of work......

be careful some of these guys have been working on saiga's since the awb expired...alot of them came around to make money in this particular marketplace....do your research....some of these guys like saiga's and money.....some just like money...

....and if this might offend a business member....he might be one of the late comers....(not pointed at anyone specifically)

Yeah, I'd be pissed too. 23 months to get that. :ded: Couldn't get the right parts in after two years? That OD green is no where close. Looks bad IMHO. Why paint the HK rear drum if you're not going to do both. I'd tell him he could issue a full refund or stick that shark brake up his a$$.

ETAC/GoGuns, right?

yeah the $2000 price tag with a tapco rail

I didn't order a tapco rail. Supposedly it's a temporary rail until he sends me the painted OD green Ultimak. What odds do you place on that? I mean why send the gun after already waiting 23 months? What difference would another month make?

I wouldn't be thankful to receive something I didn't pay for. In other words, regardless if the SOCOM stock might fail with higher calibers, it's what I ordered and paid for. I clearly received a lower priced alternative.

No, your average person cannot do the kind of work I sought. This wasn't your run of the mill bolt on conversion.

The question isn't about what I should have done. I clearly know what I shouldn't have done 23 months ago. The question is what is the best course of action in resolving my current situation. I am clearly in possession of a converted S-12 that isn't close to what I ordered, both in accessories and cosmetics. Yeah, I won't be a repeat buyer. But what should I do to get what I paid for? It's kind of like special ordering a truck with blue pin strip and you get it with smoke green paint instead of pin striping, but you already paid for it.

SIDE FOLDER CONVERSION MILLED T/G & BACK PLATE (PART # SAW PG FURN OD GREEN) = $650

ULTIMAK RAIL OD GREEN REC MOD = $300

ACE SOCOM STOCK = $100

TROMIX SHARK BREAK = $100

HK SIGHTS front rail mounted = $165

VERT CHARGING HANDLE = $120

RAIL = $150

EXTENDED CHECKERED MAG RELEASE = $65

EXTENDED CHECKERED SAFETY = $85

IZHMASH SAIGA 12 BASE GUN (DISCOUNTED $50) = $500

LAVA SHIELD FINISH BLACK (DISCOUNTED $50) = $100

BARREL RAMPING & SAFETY STOPPER (DISCOUNTED $110) = $0.00

FED EX SHIPPING = $35

Yeah man, I understand your frustration, I wasn't trying to make excuses for the builder, I was just pointing out what it says on the ACE site, its up to you.

I can't imagine that you'd have too terribly much trouble installing a safety lever in the gun, its pretty straight forward. Now, do I believe that you'll ever get your stuff that was agreed to be installed on the gun? Not necessarily. I'm interested to see how long it takes before you cease to receive communication from the builder.

Its a shit situation, I'm fed up with seeing people paying a particular builder a couple of grand for these guns, and then get strung along.

Here I have been looking for a vendor that has the 7.5" ACE in stock and can't find it.... and you get one on accident. I just looked at the ACE M4 SOCOM and WOW, that sucker is $189 ! I was going to see if I could buy you one and trade it for the 7.5", but I don't want the 7.5" that bad ($189), lol. I sincerely wish you luck on this one. I can see your disappointment in the pics. For $2,300, it seems like it should be jaw dropping.... in more of a 'good' way. I understand you wanting to keep names out of it at the moment. It is very honorable to give them the opportunity to fix it before flaming them.... but if they screw you over BRING THE FLAMES!!!!! :devil:

I know I won't be sending MY S-12 to HI. I thought the whole "Lava shield" deal was just Duracoat with a different moniker, but that is just my opinion, and we all know opinions are like assholes...

Kinda like the folks that charged you 2K for what you got.

IMHO.

Sorry you got hosed. Seems to be happening alot out of that builder from what I read here.

Yikes. I'd be pissed too, if I had spent $2,300 for that.

Return that abomination, get your money back, and check out Atlantic Firearms. They've got Red Jacket and Tromix converted S-12's for almost $1K less than what you paid...............and Red Jacket and Tromix have rock solid, long standing reputations. Seriously, those are two vendors who I'd trust with damn near anything related to Saigas..............and in the off chance something was amiss, I also know they'd take care of it quick and make sure you were a happy camper.

ETAC/GoGuns, right?

That's my assumption, too. Given the whole "Lava shield" thing.

(Which looks more like "baby shit", IMO :lolol: )

Yikes. I'd be pissed too, if I had spent $2,300 for that.

Return that abomination, get your money back, and check out Atlantic Firearms. They've got Red Jacket and Tromix converted S-12's for almost $1K less than what you paid...............and Red Jacket and Tromix have rock solid, long standing reputations. Seriously, those are two vendors who I'd trust with damn near anything related to Saigas..............and in the off chance something was amiss, I also know they'd take care of it quick and make sure you were a happy camper.

Agreed. Send that puppy BACK. I bought my Tromix there. Perfect. The best shotgun I own, and that's saying a LOT! There's a REASON everyone compares their stuff to TROMIX. It's the Cadillac of S-12s.

Tromix @ Atlantic

Tromix12%202009.jpg

Edited by patriot

In my opinion, I would give the vender the chance to give you a refund on your conversion before the flame job or at least a partial refund; but come on 23 months to do a Saiga conversion? The one thing I noticed in you pictures is no folding stock, when you pay that type of money I would of expected that part to be included.

Wow. For $2,370 you could have had one sick-ass Saiga 12 from Tromix or Red jacket. I hope they offer you a refund. That's some bullshit. :angry2: And I love how they just took it upon themselves to paint extra shit you didn't ask for, just because they thought it would look better. :031: I hope more members see this and steer clear.

My plight pales in comparison to yours. I really hope you get a refund, that's a lot of money to dish out on a Saiga and it better be right at that price. I still don't understand the 23 months thing, that is one hell of a wait. :eek: I can barely wait a week for my rifle. D:

I appreciate all of the feedback.

I've sent a couple of detailed responses via PM to the builder (he doesn't return phone calls or emails, but surprisingly he's excellent via PMs).

His responses are 'one-liners'.

"Send it back, I will fix it -- here is my UPS number".

That's it! No apologies. No explanations.

Well,,, the first response was 3 lines -- Basically that he didn't want to hold onto my gun any longer and thought I would enjoy it for now and would send the other parts when they come in and I'd be able to keep the current parts for my trouble. No explanation of the FUBAR paint job and gunsmith required missing accessory (extended checkered safety).

I believe when the builder read this he was saying Oh-Shit! And didn't realize the major mistakes and instead of admitting these mistakes he simply made up this fairy tale.

Anyhow, I have absolutely no trust in this guy. He can spew whatever he pleases and I simply won't believe it. You can't imagine the promises I've received over this 23 month period. You can give me rotten customer service if you want so long as you give me this awesome custom gun in return. Nope, can't even get that. The pictures explain that better than words.

I asked for a refund or a partial refund and I keep what I have and hire someone to finish the job.

He responded that he'd call me today.

There's no doubt in my mind that he doesn't want to offer a refund and he wants to "fix-it".

I simply don't trust the guy. He might be able to produce the gun I envisioned 23 months ago, but I couldn't be very proud of the history required to get it. And that's a big "might be able to".

What say you?

Basscat

How long will he take to fix it? 6 months? a year? If he took 23 months to mess it up, I can only imagine. :unsure: I would ask for full refund and go with another company if possible.

Edited by KC913

Shit, how long would it take to get a refund? I fear that you're hands are tied. Given the past record concerning your situation (not to mention all the other folks in the same boat), I'd be extremely leery of sending anything back and expecting a refund or the proper gun in any kind of acceptable time frame.

for $2300+ I expect a 8 inch SBS from Will or Tony..or a AOW..It is also a shame that they have the fucking nerve to post pictures of the Magpul guys sporting a "GoGun" when they have people who have been waiting for 2 years