New Chaos HK style Sights

We will be making these for our Chaos Extended Quad Rail although they will fit any 1913 Mil Std. rail, after tapping a couple holes. These are very low profile, and very light. These sit low enough you wouldn't need a cheek rest. Our Extended rail is already the lowest rail on the market and hugs the top of the dust cover and the HK style sights I have come across just sit to high, so out of need we will be manufacturing our own, these will maintain the quality and look that Chaos has come to be known for. They we be 100% USA made as every Chaos part is!!!! For Chaos Extended quad owners already out there, we will be offering for a small fee, to drill & tap your rail for these sights. Here's a taste.

sample1.jpg

sample2.jpg

sample3.jpg

sample5.jpg

sample6.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the first batch heading out for hard coat!

We will be making these for our Chaos Extended Quad Rail although they will fit any 1913 Mil Std. rail, after tapping a couple holes. These are very low profile, and very light. These sit low enough you wouldn't need a cheek rest. Our Extended rail is already the lowest rail on the market and hugs the top of the dust cover and the HK style sights I have come across just sit to high, so out of need we will be manufacturing our own, these will maintain the quality and look that Chaos has come to be known for. They we be 100% USA made as every Chaos part is!!!! For Chaos Extended quad owners already out there, we will be offering for a small fee, to drill & tap your rail for these sights. Here's a taste.

I have been searching for something similar to these for a while!

I'm glad you posted this before I bought something not quite as good.

Is there an ETA for these? What about a back-order waiting list or pre-order?

I'll be one of the first in line.

Cameron, are these utilizing actual HK parts on your own base for the rear sight? If so, any plans on selling separate components, (complete front sight and the rear base) for those of us already having some HK sights in possesion? I like them BTW!

Edited by MT Predator

Good idea :super:

a FWIW: do you think it will be possible to use standard HK front sight inserts as a replacement and just dremel/file the top area to match your unit?

I'm thinking of the tritium replacement insert ring/sight post that several companies market?

+1 on the question about availability timetable

Continued success

Harv

You read my mind on these sights. I just wish you would have released them at the same time as your Chaos Extended Quad Rail. I bought a UTG Quad for my most recent Saiga because I wanted to retain the use of my iron sights when my red dot was dismounted.

Well, now I'll be able to pick up my next quad from you and maybe upgrade the Saiga with the UTG rail.

Again, nice job on the HK style sights.

P.S. I prefer the drill and tap set up to keep these as low as possible.

Good job Cam! I like the way you designed the front sight especially, the shape and the open top are excellent! These will be a much better option for Saigas and I see a particularly good use for the open top design to work with my SBS rail design. I need to get with you on some specific dimensions if you don't mind. My rail is designed to work with and mount to the standard HK front sight, but I think yours will be a much better option.

Will there be any other mounting options designed? As others have already said, a familiar QD picatinni clamp style mount would obviously be a great thing for these, to make them mountable to any 1913 rail system. I'm sure you already have something similar in mind...from the way it appears on your CAD drawings they will mount via a threaded hole in the rail.

Why not make them "clamp on" to reach a much larger customer base?

We did design a clamp on like this: But our main focus for now will be on the bolt on ones.

sample7.jpg

Coupla questions... First, Boba Debt's question: why not just make M1913-compatible clamp-on sights? Two, how high off the rail does the aperture sit?

The main reason for the bolt on style is because the bolt on can adjust side to side as where the slide on are non adjustable unless we make them a little taller. The aperture on the bolted on style sits about .500 off the top of the rail.

There will be a back order area on our website with in the week!

Cameron, are these utilizing actual HK parts on your own base for the rear sight? If so, any plans on selling separate components, (complete front sight and the rear base) for those of us already having some HK sights in possesion? I like them BTW!

We will be manufacturing these 100% so sorry, but I doubt do to the nature of the low design that any other HK parts would work.

Those look awesome, how long do we have to wait??

The wait? I'm running 100 complete units first run, this is new design so I've got to get all ducks in a roll, so to speak, I think we should be shipping some in 45 days.

Good idea :super:

a FWIW: do you think it will be possible to use standard HK front sight inserts as a replacement and just dremel/file the top area to match your unit?

I'm thinking of the tritium replacement insert ring/sight post that several companies market?

+1 on the question about availability timetable

Continued success

Harv

There is a very good chance we will offer different insert rings for the front sight.

Good job Cam! I like the way you designed the front sight especially, the shape and the open top are excellent! These will be a much better option for Saigas and I see a particularly good use for the open top design to work with my SBS rail design. I need to get with you on some specific dimensions if you don't mind. My rail is designed to work with and mount to the standard HK front sight, but I think yours will be a much better option.

Will there be any other mounting options designed? As others have already said, a familiar QD picatinni clamp style mount would obviously be a great thing for these, to make them mountable to any 1913 rail system. I'm sure you already have something similar in mind...from the way it appears on your CAD drawings they will mount via a threaded hole in the rail.

Yes there is a clamp on design. What I have ran into with the clamp on is this, I will have to add a little more height if it is to be adjustable from side to side, which I feel that a sight should be adjustable. It would not be a lot, but it will be some. I trying to offer people something thats not out there so thats why I focusing on the bolt on style, plus the bolt style looks more permanent and like they belong there IMO.

There will be a back order area on our website with in the week!

Please let us know when your back-order section is up and running so we can sign up!

Any idea on a price range?

I already have your extended quad rail system. You mentioned an option to fit the sights to previously sold rails. Do you have a cost for that yet? It would also be cool if you had a price for a replacement top rail with sights.

I'm very interested in this. Keep us informed on price and availability.

Edited by Bridis