New Chaos HK style Sights

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the first batch heading out for hard coat!

We are setting up pre-orders this week, I will notify everyone when its a go.

Do you have pictures of the final product or is this pre-order mainly to gauge serious interest or production rates?

We don't have pics, but soon!

Here's a little taste, still in the manufacturing stage but rolling through pretty fast, I can wait to see these finished, they're really look good, and the action on the sight knob is really sweet. :super::super:

DSC04251.jpg

DSC04252.jpg

DSC04253.jpg

DSC04254.jpg

Eye poppingly great as always. I'm ready for a pre-order as well.

*wonders if there will be a combo discount for buying an extended top rail with HK sites instead of having to wait while you send back your top rail to be drilled and tapped? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bridis

Here's a little taste, still in the manufacturing stage but rolling through pretty fast, I can wait to see these finished, they're really look good, and the action on the sight knob is really sweet. :super::super:

DSC04251.jpg

DSC04252.jpg

DSC04253.jpg

DSC04254.jpg

Very slick Cam! The sights look great!!!

Mike

Have you given any thought to making an AR style rear sight, or will a AR sight work with your HK front. The reason I ask is that the HK rear drum is a little crowded to me on a shotgun. Quite a bit back I had the chance to hold a gun built by Matt at C&S and he went with the HK front/ AR rear set up and it made for a very nice sight picture and you can still have two different aperture's to choose from. The gun isn't a HK to start with, so why not have the best of worlds. I invite you to to take a look on your own and decide, it's definately worth considering.

^^ This ^^ I like the HK's but a AR type rear would be nice two 027.gif

I'm just wondering how the screws will hold up to the recoil shock. Nearly everything that is bolt on on my saiga has come lose without loctite. Is there something keeping the lock down screws tight or are you intending to use loctite to keep the screws in place?

That would be great it you could machine a upper rail out of steel and put dovetail slots in it for drifting pistol sight in. I'm sure that much steel machining would eat threw cutter bits fast though.

I'm just wondering how the screws will hold up to the recoil shock. Nearly everything that is bolt on on my saiga has come lose without loctite. Is there something keeping the lock down screws tight or are you intending to use loctite to keep the screws in place?

That would be great it you could machine a upper rail out of steel and put dovetail slots in it for drifting pistol sight in. I'm sure that much steel machining would eat threw cutter bits fast though.

It's a 12 gauge! loctite everything or it will come loose!!

just out of curiousity, would these sights cowitness with any of the aftermarket AK-style front sights that are available for the S12 or are they at different heights. I'd like all the distance between the front/rear sights I can get...without messing around with a crazy side-of-the-receiver rail system or welding something to the top cover. :)

just out of curiousity, would these sights cowitness with any of the aftermarket AK-style front sights that are available for the S12 or are they at different heights. I'd like all the distance between the front/rear sights I can get...without messing around with a crazy side-of-the-receiver rail system or welding something to the top cover. :)

I like that idea, longer sight base. Although a H/K rear sight paired with a AK front sight would look a little weird.

Any idea if these will cowitness with the Jpoint or Aimpoint Micro?

I had questions on cowitness too. Cameron told me the sight plane is 1/2 a inch from the top of the rail. If i recall properly that will give lower 1/3 cowitness on a aimpoint T-1 or similar knockoff.

I like that idea, longer sight base. Although a H/K rear sight paired with a AK front sight would look a little weird.

Good point, I hadn't even thought of that. lol! :unsure: Hmmmmm, not sure how much I'd like that. Some kind of AK-style front sight system would be cool though. Not only would the longer sight base be best, but an AK-style rifle just looks better with something on top of the end of the bbl. ;) Maybe a wacky H&K / AK hybrid. :ph34r:

Edited by jekbrown