Team R&R Targets at the FNH Midwest Multigun Championships 5-21-10

Robert and I shot the FNH match in Fayette, MO this past weekend and had a great time in the mud. The stages were fun but the thick mud in some places was a pain. I came in 11th place and Robert came in 12th. A couple of R&R Saigas placed higher but I don't have the exact numbers now. Here are some videos from the match.

Hope you enjoy them.

Doug

It's odd seeing how 3 gun is run... no slings or gear issues because you just drop them and pick them up. I wondered how you guys ran your rigs. Are all of the matches like this? The barrels and tables and such?

Nice shooting, btw. I like how you ran that steel with the sidearm at the end.

It's odd seeing how 3 gun is run... no slings or gear issues because you just drop them and pick them up. I wondered how you guys ran your rigs. Are all of the matches like this? The barrels and tables and such?

Nice shooting, btw. I like how you ran that steel with the sidearm at the end.

Most 3 gun matches are similar in that guns are not slung and are left in a box or barrel. The only big match that I have been to that used slings was the Blue Ridge match in Kentucky. Used slings on almost every stage.

Doug

Most 3 gun matches are similar in that guns are not slung and are left in a box or barrel. The only big match that I have been to that used slings was the Blue Ridge match in Kentucky. Used slings on almost every stage.

Doug

I kindof figured you would use them occasionaly to practice a propper transition to sidearm.

Doug

I kindof figured you would use them occasionaly to practice a propper transition to sidearm.

After using them at Blue Ridge, I like the idea, but there can be safety problems when people are moving fast. I think that that worries course designers. Practice and competition are 2 different things. At a match you are going for speed and sometimes things don't always go as planned. I heard one competitor at BRM3G fired a round from a .223 pretty close to his feet while slung hot. That ended his match, but atleast it didn't hit his foot.

Doug