What was your first NFA item?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What was your first NFA item?

2. 2. Does your state allow NFA?

• Yes, and I have/want NFA items.
    • Yes, but I wont be getting any.
    • No, I live in a communist state.

First one was for a AAC 5.56 "Ranger" suppressor. I was in buying my first AR and the FFL had a number of suppressors under the counter. I asked him how well they worked. He said, "Very. Come with me." We went into the back of the shop and he shot three sub rounds into a trap. Right then and there the my bill for the day doubled. It has been hideous addiction since.

• Like 1

Gem Tech 9mm Tundra. They have a GemTax or something event every year starting April 15 where they pay for your tax stamp on certain suppressors!

Its been hard not to sbr something or get a different suppressor since then.

• 2 weeks later...

my first was a Powder Springs MAC-10 in .45ACP/

Hell, you went straight for the Prom Queen as your first? :eek::super: I just got mine on May 21st...waited almost 2 full years between the Sheriff not signing then being deployed...CLEO finally signed though.

my first was a Powder Springs MAC-10 in .45ACP/

Hell, you went straight for the Prom Queen as your first? :eek::super: I just got mine on May 21st...waited almost 2 full years between the Sheriff not signing then being deployed...CLEO finally signed though.

a little later I got a AWC can for the MAC.

here is a video of the MAC with a can and the STEN in the video is also mine.

http://smg.photobuck...n_shoot_out.flv

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first was an M2 Carbine that had been whacked down into an oversized pistol. The dealer that had done the surgery (with a hack saw) then didn't want it any more, so he sold it to me for the price of the tax stamp. He even threw in a GI stock, so I had it rebarrelled and shot it full sized for quite a few years.

My first NFA item is a SBR 11.5 AR15 RRA Lower, CMT upper, 1/9 twist, done on a Form 1. Just received my Stamp Nov 25th, 2010. Two more Stamps pending. I have always wanted to get into NFA stuff since 1982, I just never looked into it, and did not have the cash back then.

Edited by Sumsky
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My first one is going to be a 22lr suppressor...I've paid for it and we're in the form 3 areana now. I would like my second suppressor to be for my s12 but realalistically it is probably going to be a 9mm with 1/2 x 28 thread to fit my Makarov and my P226. ...Is the process the second time the same as the first (with the trusts, time frame and paperwork) or do they have our information on their computers and it speeds things up and streamlines it??? and no sbr/sbs/mg in WA.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

My first one is going to be a 22lr suppressor...I've paid for it and we're in the form 3 areana now. I would like my second suppressor to be for my s12 but realalistically it is probably going to be a 9mm with 1/2 x 28 thread to fit my Makarov and my P226. ...Is the process the second time the same as the first (with the trusts, time frame and paperwork) or do they have our information on their computers and it speeds things up and streamlines it??? and no sbr/sbs/mg in WA.

I have 10 transfers on my RLT and everyone has been the same except for the last one...somthing like 50'ish days!!:super_man:

I suppressed my P226 after comparing it to my G19...needless to say I no longer even own my G19 anymore. GREAT CHOICE!e