.45 auto revolver opinions?

... easy enough question for now, I think. I've been considering another pistol for CC but I'm not a big fan of tupperware, so I figured I'd go the route of a revolver. Since I've already got a 1911, I'd like to have the same ammo for both. Can anyone recommend a good .45 acp revolver? Or should I diversify with a new caliber?

Smith and Wesson model 25 (blue) or 625(stainless steel). S&W makes this model in both 45 Colt and 45 ACP

S&W 325

S&W Model 22

S&W M1917

Colt M1917

Edited by Banshee

Hello

I have the Scandium S&W "Night Guard" w/ 2-3/4" barrel, I think, and Scandium cylinder. It's not a small gun, but it's a nice gun to shoot, considering the lack of heft. Very accurate. I load .45 Auto Rim ammo for it so I don't have to mess with moon clips. I believe it's been replaced with a similar model w/ Ti cylinder.

-guido

I've had a S&W 625-3 for years. I've carried it many times for CCW in an inside-the belt left handed holster in the small of my back. I had it blacked-out and it's very accurate and controllable with a Hogue rubber grip and the stubby 3" barrel. Never went the auto-rim route, I have a bunch of full and half-moon clips and they make for rapid reloading as well as reliable ejection.

• 1 month later...

S&W 625 ;) It's finnest half-finished product. You can play with it to infinite. ;)

Inspirations:

- barrel(lenght)

- hammer & trigger assembly

- cylinder(it can be cutted and lightened)

- grips, pedal... etc.

S&W 460-It's a good time and also lets you shoot .45 Colt and .454 Casull. Don't take my word for it though, my personal belief is that if I'm carrying a revolver it's a BIG caliber!