Skeet/Trap shooting with a converted S12?

Hey guys-

Just picked up a S12 along with my pops.. He's not going to convert his, I'd really like to convert mine, but I'd still like to be able to shoot clay's with him..

Anyone shooting clay's with a converted S12?

Jeff

Yes, fairly regularly, and it drives the Fudds crazy.

Adjustable stock, pistol grip, tri rail with VFG and it looks like a AK47, them good'ol boys have caniptions.

I normally will load a 2-5 round mag, to keep weight down... But if a Fudd is there I'll chuck the MD20 in, just to fuck with'em :devil:

Lots of fun, and most people actually like it.. few are too stubborn and all that crap, but a lot want to try it.. One time I think I let an entire church group have a go with it, but I let them use their own ammo

and your still running the original pistol sights, now thats something.

Yeah, Nailbomb, they where something to definately get used to. we had practice today, and our range has voice activated throwers, my action sets it off. so afer a particularlly good round, i shouldered it with a round in the chamber but the bolt locked back, and with my left hand sweeped the charging handle from under the gun, releasing the bolt. the thrower threw a clay and i powdered it. i was just as suprised as everyone else on the line!

Yeah, Nailbomb, they where something to definately get used to. we had practice today, and our range has voice activated throwers, my action sets it off. so afer a particularlly good round, i shouldered it with a round in the chamber but the bolt locked back, and with my left hand sweeped the charging handle from under the gun, releasing the bolt. the thrower threw a clay and i powdered it. i was just as suprised as everyone else on the line!

If you just picked it up, make sure it's good and broke-in before you head out to shoot clays or you'll be pretty disappointed and embarrassed...

If you just picked it up, make sure it's good and broke-in before you head out to shoot clays or you'll be pretty disappointed and embarrassed...

Naw man, ive been shootin since last fall

Man we shot skeet today and the HK sights on my converted S12 made a huge diference in hitting the clays. All three fo us shot 3x better using my gun with the HKs compared to stock sights, I am told that a red dot is like cheating as well.

Edited by NinerRider

I had to try my Tromix S17 at clays....needless to say it was a humbling affair. You say, "PULL!" and fire at the same time :lolol::super: If not you empty the AGP in hopes of getting it. The range was more impressed that I hit ANYTHING with a 8" barrel then the fact of it being an SBS.

GOOD TIMES NONETHELESS! :super:

Edited by MCASSgt New River
typos

I had to try my Tromix S17 at clays....needless to say it was a humbling affair. You say, "PULL!" and fire at the same time :lolol::super: If not you empty the AGP in hopes of getting it. The range was more impressed that I hit ANYTHING with a 8" barrel then the fact of it being an SBS.

GOOD TIMES NONETHELESS! :super:

Sweet! I am surprised those guys let you shoot at all with the Tromix. All the purist start crying when you pull out your mag feed shottie, I can't imagine the looks you got when you pulled out the SBS.

Sweet! I am surprised those guys let you shoot at all with the Tromix. All the purist start crying when you pull out your mag feed shottie, I can't imagine the looks you got when you pulled out the SBS.

Well, the skeet/trap range was on Camp Lejeune(USMC)...the Provost Martials Office (base cops) drooled all over the S17 as I declared it at the front gate going on base. It was actually a very comical event from start to finish.