So I found an S12 on GB and decided I wanted it, contacted the seller and made arrangements to purchase the gun for his full "Buy it now" price... (he had no bids after 5 days) and was told "If you are serious about the purchase, I will extend the time period allotted by gunbroker to make payment to June 15th. Thanks for your interest."

So I Agreed to his full asking price with the stipulation that it would be paid-in-full before 6-15. But the seller did not end the auction.

He left the auction up, and someone just placed a +$5 bid over the asking price bid I logged as the seller requested.

I was acting in good faith, the other buyer who jumped in with the $5 overbid at the last minute (literally) was acting in good faith...

I have yet to get a response from the seller.

What would you guys do? Nail his feedback? Is this normal behavior on GunBroker?

Well the feed back deal.. you would have needed to win the auction.. however, theres a simple remedy just talk to him, and give him a chance to square it away, if then nothing... learn a lesson GunBroker has Shenanigans...

The "Buy it now" option requires instant payment and a CC#... I explained that it wasn't viable, but if he was willing to give me until the 11th, I would pay his asking price. He agreed and said to make the bid at full price. I did.

I'll give him 24 hours. I'm just disappointed. Where I come from, a deal is a deal, you know?

what barrel length was it and what was the buy now price?

19" and buy it now was $700. Which I bid as requested. (Buy it now with the button was asking for my credit card for instant payment.)

I emailed him and explained the issue in my first contact. Which is why he extended the pay window to 6-15... I only need until the 11th, but he was being quite courteous. I looked at it this way, he wouldn't get lowball bid on a "No reserve" auction listing with no bids, and I get the extra time, and a gun I really want. Win-win, right?

Someone hit it at the 1 minute mark for $705, and I'm sure they were just playing the game as anyone else in bidding... I don't mind that bidders actions, but one of us is going to be disappointed.

I'm wondering if this was intentional, a confusion, or just a mistake of him forgetting to end the auction once I agreed to pay his full price. He seemed like a stand-up guy from his note and feedback.

I'm crossing my fingers.

I want this gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170532964

After 10min of checking to make sure he was real, and not some scammer, I found out the seller is a cop in Tennessee. I'll hope for the best. At least I know he's real, and not some "horse trader"...

Edited by Heath_h49008

It was my fault. To pay the "BUY IT NOW" price and end the auction, you have to hit that button, not input that price. If I had, it would have ended the sale automatically. What my bid did, was lock the seller out of the system... he COULDN'T end it once a bid had been placed.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

I'm going to try to bribe the sniper with an easy $50 for no work (He's some kind of broker...400+guns bought and sold on GB alone)

Sound good? Or am I violating some etiquette I don't know about either.

The auction is long done. I thought I had it when I bid the "Buy it Now" price. This guy sniped it with 1 minute remaining at 12:30am.(I have since learned I needed to hit the "Buy it Now" icon... not bid the price listed for "buy it now".

He's some kind of online trader... hundreds of auctions on multiple sites. odds are he doesn't want the gun, just a quick payout. I'll save him the shipping, transfers, and hassle... and just pay him off.

The auction description sounds too good to be true. Selling $1000 worth of parts alone for a "Buy Now" price of JUST $700 does not make any sense to me. Offering a "pay off" sounds like a way just to throw away good money with a chance of losing it with no recourse. Take it as a lesson learned and steer clear is my advice... Just my 2 cents

Buy a new one and restore it yourself, I looked at the auction and you can do the same thing for very close to the same price. FCG, PG, Stock, Rear block, Limbsaver all that can be had for about 400ish, give or take a sale now and again. Many of our fine vendors here have the parts you need and a very affordable, also some have restoration packages with all the basic parts you need at a reduced price. Check the vendors out, and give em a call if you need anything or have questions.

HUZZAH!!!!

Buy a new one and restore it yourself, I looked at the auction and you can do the same thing for very close to the same price. FCG, PG, Stock, Rear block, Limbsaver all that can be had for about 400ish, give or take a sale now and again. Many of our fine vendors here have the parts you need and a very affordable, also some have restoration packages with all the basic parts you need at a reduced price. Check the vendors out, and give em a call if you need anything or have questions.

HUZZAH!!!!

I priced it out at CSS and all the parts were $380, not counting the folding hinge. It had 1500rnd through it, but was unlikely to be a Vodka Special.

$479 for a new S12 shipped on GB... $440 worth of parts... the whopping hour it would take to cut 3 rivets, and a tang to build it myself...

$919 for a new gun Vs $700, + $30 shipping, +$50 minimum bribes, +1500rnds of wear....is that worth $100?

I save almost nothing.... You're right. Screw it.

HUZZAH!!!!

I priced it out at CSS and all the parts were $380, not counting the folding hinge. It had 1500rnd through it, but was unlikely to be a Vodka Special.

$479 for a new S12 shipped on GB... $440 worth of parts... the whopping hour it would take to cut 3 rivets, and a tang to build it myself...

$919 for a new gun Vs $700, + $30 shipping, +$50 minimum bribes, +1500rnds of wear....is that worth $100?

I save almost nothing.... You're right. Screw it.

Plus, you've been around here for a while & know to break it in & see if it works well BEFORE you convert it.

If it is one of the undersized port runs, you can get it fixed for free under warranty.

It may well turn out to be cheaper for you because of that.