I know most of you will think I'm crazy, stupid, gay, etc but I'm really looking forward to turning a regular Stoeger Coach Gun into a Tactical SXS Shot Gun

I picked up the gun for $339 and have most of the parts I need on hand.

Here is what I plan to do:

•  
  • Cut the barrels down to 18.5"
  • Port both barrels
  • Install a H&K G-3 Front
  • Add a Picitinny Rail to the underside of the barrels
  • Modify and fit the lower section of a UTG Quad Rail to the forearm
  • Modify the butt stock to accept a T-6 Collapsable Butt Stock and SAW Pistol Grip

This is going to be fun

Parts.jpg

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple progress pictures.   Attaching the front site was a huge PITA. Once I cut it down small enough to fit the gun it separated into 3 pieces. I had to silver solder them together and

I spent part of the night fitting the SAW Pistol Grip and Butt Stock to the Gun.   It is just test fit in these images. I still have a lot of work to make this set up solid yet retain the ability t

Never mind

Posted Images

It's not my money or gun, but I think it would be cool if you cut the barrels REALLY short and figured out how to put a folding stock on. Maybe like one of the 870 top folders. (Not sure how you would do it.) You could make some IWB carry happen with that.

Both. Be careful, especially if you use it like a pistol. As a shoulder arm, make sure you have a good cheek weld and a VERY solid, wobble free stock. Getting punched in the face with the stock is no fun either. Heavy loads can be handled in a lightweight shotgun, but start with Win AA and work your way up slowly. I fired my double 12 pistol grip with heavy field loads and drove the locking lever THROUGH the web of my hand, and buried it almost an inch deep. Yes, it HURT. It ripped a big patch of skin loose and drove it into the wound. I had to dig it out of the muscle tissue with an exacto knife and a pair of hemostats. It hurt like hell. I did a pretty good job of trimming away the damaged tissue and patching it up. There's only about a 5/8" long scar on the web of my hand between my thumb and forefinger. Luckily I lost no feeling or mobility. For God's sake NEVER, EVER pull both triggers and be careful.

th_Baikal.jpg

Edited by patriot

Both. Be careful, especially if you use it like a pistol. As a shoulder arm, make sure you have a good cheek weld and a VERY solid, wobble free stock. Getting punched in the face with the stock is no fun either. Heavy loads can be handled in a lightweight shotgun, but start with Win AA and work your way up slowly. I fired my double 12 pistol grip with heavy field loads and drove the locking lever THROUGH the web of my hand, and buried it almost an inch deep. Yes, it HURT. It ripped a big patch of skin loose and drove it into the wound. I had to dig it out of the muscle tissue with an exacto knife and a pair of hemostats. It hurt like hell. I did a pretty good job of trimming away the damaged tissue and patching it up. There's only about a 5/8" long scar on the web of my hand between my thumb and forefinger. Luckily I lost no feeling or mobility. For God's sake NEVER, EVER pull both triggers and be careful.

th_Baikal.jpg

OUCH. Glad to hear you were OK man, that sounds nasty.

BTW nice gun :D You gonna get a stamp for it one day or leave it as is?

th_Baikal.jpg

I test fired it today to make sure it worked before I did any work to it. I already pulled both triggers on some 2 3/4 #8 shot and suffered no ill effects. It stung a little more then a single shot but I would attribute that to the solid plastic butt plate

So far I cut the barrels down to 18.25" and mounted the H&K G3 site with silver solder. I'm in the process of modifying the forearm and the UTG Tri-rail to fit together.

• Like 1

KK, I don't think I'll go the NFA route. Pay a $200 "tax" just to make this thing a couple inches shorter? It's fine the way it is. 18.5" barrels, 28" overall length. Shorter wouldn't make any difference, except for having to fill out the paperwork and making my wallet lighter.

BD:

How about an "in progress" pic?

That'll make a great backpacking gun.

Edited by patriot

Here are a couple progress pictures.

Attaching the front site was a huge PITA. Once I cut it down small enough to fit the gun it separated into 3 pieces. I had to silver solder them together and then attach the site to the gun with out overheating the site which would make it fall apart.

Fitting the UTG tri rail was pretty easy. It looks tacked on but once I get the other mods installed it should look like part of the gun. It is very solid I used the original holes and taped the original metal so I could insert the screws from the bottom side of the rail. It is very comfortable and since it's the same rail I used on my S-12 and S-410, I get a consistent grip regardless of which shotgun I'm shooting

I'm going to work on the butt stock tonight.

SXSProgress001.jpg

SXSProgress002.jpg

• Like 2

I spent part of the night fitting the SAW Pistol Grip and Butt Stock to the Gun.

It is just test fit in these images. I still have a lot of work to make this set up solid yet retain the ability to take it back apart.

The ergonomics worked out perfectly, it even has the feel a Marine Corps M1014

Collapsed - 30" Long with 18.25" barrels

SXSProgress003.jpg

Extended - 33.5" long with a 13.5" LOP to the front trigger

SXSProgress004.jpg

I created a 7/8" diameter peg on the back on the original stock, it's about 2" long. I'm going to use a piece of threaded rod and epoxy to permanently attach the metal tube of the butt stock to the peg on the original butt stock.

Then I'll blend the wood into the tube.

The pistol grip is held in place with a bolt. I drilled through the top of the stock and counter bored the hole so the pistol grip bolt would set below the threaded rod for the butt stock.

I used a nut on the bottom to hold the bolt in place and then I used a second nut to lock the pistol grip in place.

I'll fill the top hole with JB Weld since I no longer need access to the head of the bolt.

• Like 2

Of course it's real, what do you think I'm doing photshopping a bunch of images together?????

If you have no interest in this thread why bother even posting to it?

This gun is just something fun to build and shoot. BUT I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it.

• Like 1

Well... I couldnt resist... Only cause someone else, somewhere else, prophesized this would happen... :lol:

:lolol::lolol:

There's the forum I joined 5 years ago!!

Sorry to hack on you Boba, I agree that function>form, but lately I am finding that there are limits, for me anyway.

Also, I can't figure out how you expect efficiently open the breech when your hand is on a pistol grip.

But to each his own, who am I to judge your gun? My S-12 is god awful, but it works.

Shane

PS - Indy, LMAO @ your filename!