• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple progress pictures.   Attaching the front site was a huge PITA. Once I cut it down small enough to fit the gun it separated into 3 pieces. I had to silver solder them together and

I spent part of the night fitting the SAW Pistol Grip and Butt Stock to the Gun.   It is just test fit in these images. I still have a lot of work to make this set up solid yet retain the ability t

Never mind

Posted Images

"it doesnt seem that new stock would point well, if you look at the pre and post pictures. Just doesnt look like it would point the same."

+1

It looks to me that these two guns wouldnt shoulder the same.(sxs has sharper angle imo and no cheek rest)

P.S how the cheek weld on that thing

post-8476-021024500 1275456516_thumb.jpg

post-8476-046947100 1275456574_thumb.jpg

Edited by raidersfan_5544

If you're having fun then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Crazy? maybe. Stupid? no. Gay? Well only if someone decides to stick it up your ass, which is a definite possibility. 021.gif OK, now I'm just having fun.

Normally I do not comment on things in a negative way but this is killing me.

You have taken a time honored, highly efficient design that has been in existence for over 150 years and butchered it.

The ergonomics look totally fubared. Working the chamber release looks awkward to say the least and a proper cheek weld appears impossible.

If the silver soldered front sight does not fly off after a couple of rounds I will be amazed.

I had a design professor in school years ago who used to say "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should."

All that said, Its your gun and your money so.....................

• Like 2

I just test fired the gun and it shoots great.

Cheek weld is not needed for this gun, it hits what every I'm looking at through the G3 site

Recoil has been reduced dramatically. I attribute that to the pistol grip and the angle of the gun.

My only complaint is that it is harder to pull both triggers at one time. Due to the shape of the back trigger and the angle of the pistol grip I will have to learn to time it better. However, pulling either trigger is simple and the pistol grip seems to have lightened the heavy trigger pull of this gun.

I am 100% happy with the way this gun turned out.

I just have to hang the picatinny rail on the bottom when it gets here

• Like 1

I don't think that I would ever own one, but I am definitely looking forward to more pics!

Props for doing something that nobody else has done!

BTW, ATI makes M4 stocks and quadrails for H&R guns, so what's the big deal with doing it to a double barreled Stoeger?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOBA DEBT!

post-4669-057831600 1275600320_thumb.jpg

You've inspired me to start my next project!

I always thought the Pennsylvania Rifle could use some improvement. naaaa.gif

That is awesome!

Even though you are being facetious, I bet those would actually sell if you did a polymer stock on them (where it is wood on the picture). Now all it needs is an Eotech!

DaveM, I have made some revisions to your design. Inititally I just added the EOtech, but I figured, why not go all out? Some of it is airsoft parts by the way. It's ok though, they're military spec airsoft.

Introducing, the P.E.N.S.Y. Tactical Entry Operations Rifle System Platform

post-21696-000669700 1275610750_thumb.png

EDIT: No hard feelings Boba, I actually think your project is pretty cool.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

DaveM, I have made some revisions to your design. Inititally I just added the EOtech, but I figured, why not go all out? Some of it is airsoft parts by the way. It's ok though, they're military spec airsoft.

Introducing, the P.E.N.S.Y. Tactical Entry Operations Rifle System Platform

post-21696-000669700 1275610750_thumb.png

EDIT: No hard feelings Boba, I actually think your project is pretty cool.

Way to take it to the next level bro! 027.gif

Tony's built some wierd shit too...like the Muzzleloader AR.

Please post some pics of that :)

The receiver and barrel assemblies are complete and the gun is prepped for final finish:

The butt stock tube is made for an AR so it is made from aluminum. I cut the threaded part off to make to give me about 13" of trigger pull. A threaded rod goes through the tube and what is left of the original stock and is screwed into the receiver just like the factory stock. I cut the peg on the original stock slightly undersized so that I could adjust the tube to fit it better. During the final assembly I used JB Weld to fill the small gap between the peg and the tube. To mount it on the receiver I simply slide it in place and use a nut to secure it.

It is rock solid.

SXSProgress006.jpg

The picatinny rail was simple to mount. The bottom strip of metal that is between the 2 barrels was too thin to tap so I just riveted it in place, which is how Stoeger did it on the Double Defense.

SXSProgress007.jpg

• Like 2

It is done

I just took a quick picture of it, but I'll try to get better pictures once the finish is fully cured.

SXSProgress008.jpg

Seems like you're pretty happy with it. For doubles, I'll stick with Junior, my shorty12 I pictured earlier, and my 26" Gorosabel 10ga double. At 11lbs, it's a BEAST!

th_Baikal.jpgth_pix263096250.jpg

Edited by patriot

Contrary to popular opinion, I like it!027.gif I like seeing things new and different. Thats why I bought a Saiga 308 and why I'm eventually buying a S12. If you can modify an existing design to work better FOR YOU, I don't see why anyone gives a shit. To each his own.

I like the new Double Defense Stoegers, I think a double barrel 12ga with a 700 lumen pressure switch light and a red dot for both-eyes-open shooting would be a great gun to keep bedside for HD. More often than not, 2 shots of 12ga will be more than sufficient to stop anyone that breaks into your house. If you need more than that, keep a glock 17 with a 30rd mag in your night table and if you need more than that, MOVE TO A NEW NEIGHBORHOOD!

Keep up the fun projects Boba! I'd like to see some pics of it shouldered and maybe a vid of it shooting?

• Like 1
Please post some pics of that :)

Click the logo in my sigline and look under "Tromix Projects". Enjoy.

It is good to see that I'm not the only one that enjoys this knd of thing.

All of those projects awesome but my favorite is the Siamese .223

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I still think it looks like a mall-ninja cluster fuck.

I see no improvement to the original design. Actually quite the contrary.

Cluster fuck????? I don't think so. It's not like I have 30 accessories hanging all over this thing.

Everything I added has improved the gun for me.

Lets see?

•  
  • I can get sight picture a lot faster with the G3 front site
  • Bottom picatinny rail provides a place to mount accessories such a a light (DUH)
  • Tri-rail is easier to hold and provides better control, plus I could mount accessories such as a sling swivel if I wanted to
  • Pistol grip adds stability and reduces recoil
  • Collapsible stock has a thicker pad and reduces the length of the gun to 30"

Now to dispel some unsubstantiated conclusions:

•  
  • I can get to the safety without any problems
  • I can get to the release lever without any problems
  • The angle of the stock allows me to carry the gun with my elbow tucked and my head in a normal position.
  • It hit what ever I'm aiming at

That about sums it up but if you care to expand on your lazy comment I am all ears.

• Like 1