Your gun, your money. If you like it, then what else matters?

Is it something I'd buy/put together? Probably not. (I do like the plain chopped-stock version I posted in the other thread, though)

(BTW........<sarcasm> I'm so glad the rep system made a comeback. I see it's being put to good use. </sarcasm> )

EDIT: I see that the feature of being able to see who clicked + or - has been added. That's pretty cool. PRISONSHANK, lmao. Stalker much?

Edited by -Shooter-
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple progress pictures.   Attaching the front site was a huge PITA. Once I cut it down small enough to fit the gun it separated into 3 pieces. I had to silver solder them together and

I spent part of the night fitting the SAW Pistol Grip and Butt Stock to the Gun.   It is just test fit in these images. I still have a lot of work to make this set up solid yet retain the ability t

Never mind

Posted Images

Is it something I'd buy/put together? Probably not. (I do like the plain chopped-stock version I posted in the other thread, though)

(BTW........<sarcasm> I'm so glad the rep system made a comeback. I see it's being put to good use. </sarcasm> )

EDIT: I see that the feature of being able to see who clicked + or - has been added. That's pretty cool. PRISONSHANK, lmao. Stalker much?

I like the chopped version too and I might do one of those as well if I can get the paper work straight.

BTW: I dodn't even know who the frack prisionshank is???

Edited by Boba Debt

I like the chopped version too and I might do one of those as well if I can get the paper work straight.

No paperwork involved in that specific version I posted pics of in the other thread. (Assuming by "paperwork", you mean NFA paperwork)

The barrel wasn't touched (20"), and the guy who owned it said it was as at 27.75". So it still met the federal OAL requirements, and wasn't an NFA weapon. Of course, it would probably be a lot handier if it had chopped barrels to go along with the chopped stock, but then we're talking a $200 tax, and I'm not sure I'd do it at that point (Although I'd have no problem dropping that coin on a S12 SBS or an AR SBR). If I had the money to burn, then maybe.

(Well apparently Prisonshank knows who you are. :lolol: )

Now to dispel some unsubstantiated conclusions:

• I can get to the safety without any problems
  • I can get to the release lever without any problems
  • The angle of the stock allows me to carry the gun with my elbow tucked and my head in a normal position.
  • It hit what ever I'm aiming at

That about sums it up but if you care to expand on your lazy comment I am all ears.

I'm just not buying the "improvement" claim.

I can't see how you can properly manipulate the controls (safety and release) with the trigger hand unless you have fingers like and Orangoutang.

If you wish to prove your points, post a video of you shooting it and reloading it.

Also, don't forget to get some footage of the other guys on the firing line pointing at you an laughing. 021.gif

• Like 1

No paperwork involved in that specific version I posted pics of in the other thread. (Assuming by "paperwork", you mean NFA paperwork)

The barrel wasn't touched (20"), and the guy who owned it said it was as at 27.75". So it still met the federal OAL requirements, and wasn't an NFA weapon. Of course, it would probably be a lot handier if it had chopped barrels to go along with the chopped stock, but then we're talking a $200 tax, and I'm not sure I'd do it at that point (Although I'd have no problem dropping that coin on a S12 SBS or an AR SBR). If I had the money to burn, then maybe.

I cant help myself, its the gayest thing I've ever seen lmfao

and boba sent me a pm once asking me to apologize for somthing stupid I cant even remmeber...

and boba sent me a pm once asking me to apologize for somthing stupid I cant even remmeber...

With a name like prisonshank I'm sure you have lots of practice at keistering stuff so I have to ask

Have you looked in a mirror lately???

As for the PM asking for the apology, you trolled my thread about the POS gun Alex sold me so it would seem that you have a crush on me.

After I proved that the issues I had were his fault, I contacted several people to rub it in their face. I didn’t realized one of them was a forum stalker.

Edited by Boba Debt

I think when people trick out a saiga 12 with quad rails vertical foregrips side folding stocks lights and lasers and red dots its pretty stupid and/or over the top, but if you do that then he should be able to do it to a stoeger 12g and people shouldnt have a problem

with it.

Edited by saigalupo

I bet if you were around for the first M-16 A1s you would have had the same type of comments about them and I'm sure your Saigas look just like a standard AK-47s.

That's fine, some people like vanilla and others like rocky road.

But your claims that the gun doesn't look functional are unfounded. I release and close the gun in the conventional way, butt stock under my arm.

I can reach the safety with my hand on the grip and with my trigger finger near the trigger.

SXSProgress009.jpg

I don't have a way to record video and honestly, even if I did, I doubt it would change your mind about this gun.

You just don't like it, which is ok because in the big picture, your opinion doesn't mean much to me.

However, most people would appreciate the creativity and skill needed to build something like this in a few hours. It's not just slapped together, everything is very solid and the parts function in the way they were designed to work.

I have taken stranger guns to the range and have never been laughed at, in fact most people bug me about them and eat up my range time.

Now that you've posted this image I can see I was wrong.

The buttstock is firmly seated in your armpit, right where it belongs.

The heads up stance with no cheak weld is perfect and I can see you only need to move your trigger hand a few inches to activate the weapons safety and receiver controls.

You sir are a genious and I am humbled by your ability to improve upon such an antiquated and poorely thought out original design.

I anxiously await your next project.

As for my Saiga's, only one is what would be described as traditional.

And I was around for the introduction of the M16 A1. This sir is no M16 A1.

Just so my previous comment is not misconstrued, I don't have a problem with anyone experimenting with their own guns any way they want to and I don't know why anyone else would either. Life is too short. Boba Debt is following his own path of curiosity and is pushing the envelope a little bit. So what? I don't want anybody telling me I can do with my guns, or what "I need", or what I "should have", and I assume nobody else here does either.

Forums are places for people to share their ideas an opinions.

Most of the time, members are respectful, but there are all ways cynics and malcontents that love to just cause problems. DaveM has posted 7 times to this thread. I think my SXS is starting to grow on him :)

Honestly, this gun would be the last one I pulled from my safe if I needed to use one, but I didn’t build it because I thought I would need it in a fire fight.

I built it to see if I could, I built it because no one else had done a SXS like this.

It's just that simple.

I was surprised at how well it turned out, and I love to shoot it. I might even go shoot some skeet next week, if Ihave the time.

Edited by Boba Debt

I'm sure Boba is severely distraught over your disappointment. :rolleyes:

Wanna know what I think is the gayest thing I've ever seen? When a grown man (I'm assuming you are, anyway) goes around clicking - on every post of 1 guy. Talk about gay.

Here, I went and Googled this just for you: gay.gif

Most of the time, members are respectful, but there are all ways cynics and malcontents that love to just cause problems. DaveM has posted 7 times to this thread. I think my SXS is starting to grow on him :)

Boba,

Don't get me wrong. I fully support your right to do whatever you want with your own guns.

What I take exception to is your continued use of the word "improvement". I just don't see this as an improvement over the original design.

Could you replace the Statue of Liberty's torch with a flashlight.

Sure.

Would it be unusual and something no one has thought to do before.

Yes.

Would it be an "improvement" over the original design.

No.

Best of luck to you in all your future projects.

• Like 1

.....Could you replace the Statue of Liberty's torch with a flashlight.

Sure.

Yes.

No.

That isn't the best example.

Now if she had a wood or coal based fire illuminating the torch and someone replaced it with a gas fired burner that would be more similar.

I replaced wood with metal and composite and blues with flat balck paint and that is horrifict to you.

I'm just amazed at how insulted you are by what I did.

It's just a fracking gun, it's not the Statue of Liberty.

Boba,

Don't get me wrong. I fully support your right to do whatever you want with your own guns.

What I take exception to is your continued use of the word "improvement". I just don't see this as an improvement over the original design.

Could you replace the Statue of Liberty's torch with a flashlight.

Sure.

Yes.

No.

DaveM, you are arguing about opinions. You can't tell someone their opinion is wrong, it is THEIR OPINION! If I think a flashlight would be an improvement of the Statue of Liberty, then that would be MY OPINION. Opinions can NOT be disproven, that is why they are opinions. SHUT THE FUCK UP and let the man experiment with his own guns. Find something better to do than shit on someone's parade. I feel like sitting your mother down and giving her a "stern talking to" about the importance of TEACHING YOUR KIDS MANNERS. Don't be a dick.

• Like 1

. I feel like sitting your mother down and giving her a "stern talking to" about the importance of TEACHING YOUR KIDS MANNERS. Don't be a dick.

I fail to see how supporting his rights to do whatever he pleases and wishing him luck on future projects is being a dick or being ill mannered

Posting on a public forum is inviting critique.

I think Boba is smart enough to know that some of us would not like his concept and mature enough to accept criticism.

Hey sport. It's the internet. naaaa.gif

Edit to add. I am not insulted in the least by what you did. I just don't see it as an improvement.

Edited by DaveM
  • Like 1

SXSProgress009.jpg

Good thing that is a scattergun because I cannot see how you will hit anything but the broadside of a barn from the inside with that cheekweld. You cannot even mount the stock properly with its angle and aquire your sights at the same time.

. I feel like sitting your mother down and giving her a "stern talking to" about the importance of TEACHING YOUR KIDS MANNERS. Don't be a dick.

I fail to see how supporting his rights to do whatever he pleases and wishing him luck on future projects is being a dick or being ill mannered

Posting on a public forum is inviting critique.

I think Boba is smart enough to know that some of us would not like his concept and mature enough to accept criticism.

Hey sport. It's the internet. naaaa.gif

Edit to add. I am not insulted in the least by what you did. I just don't see it as an improvement.

Obviously you weren't present for the rest of your unnecessary, condescending posts. Just because he may be able to handle people being negative, does not make it proper procedure for you to assume the role of the asshole in this situation.

Maybe you've heard the expression "Opinions are like assholes, we all got 'em and we all think everyone else's stinks"? Well, we can argue opinions all day, but it won't make yours any less shitty. Again, I am in firm belief that your mother failed in the manners department when teaching you how to interact with others. Just because you are an asshole and you can't get beat the fuck up for being one on the internet, does NOT mean you have to be. Another phrase comes to mind: "Treat others how you want to be treated", but who am I to try to teach you any sort of life lesson? You are obviously a grown adult (I leave out "mature" for obvious reasons) so I gather you are more than likely set in your ways and I'm assuming this whole response is completely pointless so I'll close by saying: You 're an idiot, take your douche-baggery elsewhere.

Hey Gonzo,

I never once resorted to name calling or insults.

Maybe some good natured ribbing, but after all we are all big boys and girls here and most of us know thew difference

between a little kidding and being insulting.

Now be a good troll and go back under your bridge.

• Like 1

Good thing that is a scattergun because I cannot see how you will hit anything but the broadside of a barn from the inside with that cheekweld. You cannot even mount the stock properly with its angle and aquire your sights at the same time.

I know this feels good and shoots straight.

No one that has held it or seen it in person has had a single bad thing to say about it. Last night started to turn into a block party with all the neighbors coming over to check it out. There was even a WM that loved it and the Marine that wants one has lots of real life CQC experience.

That picture isn't the best demonstartion, it's hard to push the button and get in front of the camera in the 8 seconds it gives you.

But you can think whatever you want, I know nothing I say will change your mind.

God Bless the internet!

I am really amused that if you go to any of the forums here and look at the pictures of Saigas, you will see people who did the exact same thing to the "classic" Kalishnikov design (several hundred different ways). But a side-by-side Turkish replica of a coach gun is forbidden territory? WTF? I could maybe see the issue if it was a classic $15,000 Merkel with AAA wood, but it isn't - and even if it was, it is not my money.

I seriously doubt that Boba Debt is planning on entering into 1,000 Yard F-Class competitions with his shotgun, so not having a firm cheekweld probably isn't going to affect accuracy much out of a smoothbore shotgun.

In fact, I can see the advantage of his system if using high-brass loads because it is less likely to rock your cheek with the angle of stock diverting the energy down and back rather than up and back. Hence the Knoxx Stock for the 870, as well as the AOW's pictured previously all use angles similar to divert recoil.

This gun with all mods, the SXS probably costs about what an unconverted Saiga or 870 Tactical would run out of the box. I see no reason why this makes a less effective system for defense or for blasting clay pigeons and tin cans if the user is more comfortable with the mods he made, than with the stock & sights it came with.

I guess I can personally relate as I am so used to shooting larger caliber AR rifles (.260 & .308) , that when transitioning back to Monte Carlo style hunting stocks they feel foreign to me.

BTW, about messing with "classics", check out the PSE TAC 15 crossbow AR upper. Is anyone going to write a nasty letter to PSE because the crossbow has at least 1,000 years seniority on the side-by-side?

• Like 1

"Monte Carlo style"

THANK YOU

I have been trying to remember what a standard rifle stock was called for a long time

I never shot a rifle until I got into the Corps. The first gun I held with a MC stock was an 870. It felt completely uncomfortable to me, so I bought one with a pistol grip and added and ATI top folder.

When I bought my Savage FCP-K I knew I would have to replace the Accustock with and A3 or A5 style stock. I ended up going with a Choate fully adjustable A-5 and it was worth every penny.

Some people might love the feel of the MC stock but to me it's awkward. I also like how the pistol grip works with the butt stock to distribute the recoil.

The more I handle my TSXS the more I love it.

Last night a worked on the contact points to get the action to break open easily. Now when I hit the lever the barrels drop on their own and I can snap it shut with one hand if I want to.

I can't wait to help John build his.

I'm really not certain why people feel they need to bust your balls on your project... perhaps if you had someone make it for you. All I see is a guy who likes to tinker with shit and a weird ass firearm he put together. Definitely more unique than all the lazy guys who do the "bolt-on" conversions on their Saiga-12 and defend their choice like they're the experts.

Boba set his goal and met it, there's nothing better than that! He's not buying a bunch of junk off of Sportsmans Guide and gluing it on, he's actually carving and machining parts, seriously that takes some talent! Look at his bullpup project and the different iterations, more ingenuity.

Nay-sayers, where's your custom work? How about a bit of competition instead of acting like little children and just whining about how you don't like it? Anyone can whine and act like a douche bag, a real man puts up or shuts up.

Boba, I think your gun looks goofy as hell, but I like the fact that you actually spent time and posted updates to your project from concept to final product, the workmanship looks pretty damn good, I can tell you worked hard to get what you want and I have a lot of respect for that!

Hey Gonzo,

Maybe some good natured ribbing, but after all we are all big boys and girls here and most of us know thew difference

Well, its apparent that you are incapable of deciphering the difference between "good natured ribbing" and being offensive. Are you going to cry now because I called you on your acting like an ass? You may not have directly called anyone a name, but your posts are offensive. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a jerk is another. I'll say it again, don't be a dick and take your douche-baggery elsewhere.

Boba: I like the way your SXS turned out. I'm anxious to see your next project.027.gif Post pics of John's when its done if you can. I'd like to see how #2 turns out.

Hey Gonzo,

Well, its apparent that you are incapable of deciphering the difference between "good natured ribbing" and being offensive. Are you going to cry now because I called you on your acting like an ass? You may not have directly called anyone a name, but your posts are offensive. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a jerk is another. I'll say it again, don't be a dick and take your douche-baggery elsewhere.

Boba: I like the way your SXS turned out. I'm anxious to see your next project.027.gif Post pics of John's when its done if you can. I'd like to see how #2 turns out.

First, I would like to apologize to Boba for having to use his thread to respond to this.

DrGonzo has blocked PM's from me so I have no other recourse other than to ignore him.

Gonzo,

While I will admit that some of my responses were laced with a healthy amount of sarcasm I never once resorted to personal attacks on the OP or his family.

Some of Boba's responses to my posts had a dose of sarcasm as well and that was cool.

We both voiced our opinions on the design concept and in the end I think Boba and I just agreed to disagree and that was that.

Perhaps you are the wrong person to be offering advise on conduct and manners.

I see that you are from California. May I suggest that you put some distance between yourself and San Francisco, I think it is starting to influence your thinking.

Next thing you know you'll be carrying a man purse.

Again my apologizes to Boba for having to use this format for my response.

I still don't like the design or consider it an improvement to the original but I do respect the craftsmanship and originality.

Now, that is about as much explaining as I have done in quite a while.