Gotta have a Krinkov in 5.45

Well I have already shot TX-Zen's krink at less than 20 yards while taking Sonny's class last weekend and knew right then I had to have one. Today we ran out to impact zone and shot a whole host of toys but what blew me away was firing that 5.45 Krinkov at 300 yards, once you were on target it was nothing to put every round on a man sized steal target. Then follow that up with 70-80% hits on a head sized steal target again at 300 yards. What is this whole theory of AKs not being accurate? Plus the Krink is flat cool!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well just to give a little history, this is my first AK build and I must say it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. That said I did a lot of research and got help and guidance from Keith at T

How much did you pay for the Izzy kit if you dont mind me asking?

No worries, paid $450.00 like all the other guppies. Rguns has everyone by the balls if you want a matching numbers Tula or Izzy kit. Word is they have some 83 Izzys with laminate for sale they just a

Posted Images

Well I have already shot TX-Zen's krink at less than 20 yards while taking Sonny's class last weekend and knew right then I had to have one. Today we ran out to impact zone and shot a whole host of toys but what blew me away was firing that 5.45 Krinkov at 300 yards, once you were on target it was nothing to put every round on a man sized steal target. Then follow that up with 70-80% hits on a head sized steal target again at 300 yards. What is this whole theory of AKs not being accurate? Plus the Krink is flat cool!

Near mint Tula kits are currently at rguns.net for $750. Barrels are being made as well, I would get one of those and a NDS2SF and build one. Once you build it post pictures!

Yeah got the Krink kit on the way, looking for a barrel, hope to find a Bulgarian barrel but so is everyone else. Not sure if I will get a Nodak or Elk River receiver. I have heard a lot of scuttlebutt about the big name builders not using Nodak Spuds because of quality control issues lately. To my knowledge those kits aren't Tula they are Bulgarian, there was a little discussion of that on the AK forum and RGuns lists them as Bulgarian. Good kits though but if you want true Russian you gotta pay more for the Tula kit. Any idea if the RGuns will barrel will be drilled for the gas port or FSB, if not this will make home building really difficult.

Yeah got the Krink kit on the way, looking for a barrel, hope to find a Bulgarian barrel but so is everyone else. Not sure if I will get a Nodak or Elk River receiver. I have heard a lot of scuttlebutt about the big name builders not using Nodak Spuds because of quality control issues lately. To my knowledge those kits aren't Tula they are Bulgarian, there was a little discussion of that on the AK forum and RGuns lists them as Bulgarian. Good kits though but if you want true Russian you gotta pay more for the Tula kit. Any idea if the RGuns will barrel will be drilled for the gas port or FSB, if not this will make home building really difficult.

You and I are in the same boat (shhhhh, don't tell my wife where that $$$ just went). I hear tale that the R Gun kits are advertised/sold as Bulgy but are actually Tula.

Go with the NDS so you can get the proper selector markings on the receiver at the time of purchase. I don't know of anyone who would go with elk river over the nodak, but I am not privy to many big name builders. As for the barrel, I would wait until rGuns gets their order in from green mountain, if they get the 1/7th twist rate and have chrome lining, there is no point in paying extra for the Bulgarian barrel (which will run you over $400 on gunbroker because every other mother-fucker just bought a barrelless kit also...)

Also Tritium, thats a bad ass rifle.

Go with the NDS so you can get the proper selector markings on the receiver at the time of purchase. I don't know of anyone who would go with elk river over the nodak, but I am not privy to many big name builders. As for the barrel, I would wait until rGuns gets their order in from green mountain, if they get the 1/7th twist rate and have chrome lining, there is no point in paying extra for the Bulgarian barrel (which will run you over $400 on gunbroker because every other mother-fucker just bought a barrelless kit also...)

Also Tritium, thats a bad ass rifle.

Yeah I am leaning towards the Nodak, one of the guys I shoot with built a Krink on one and a few things were a little out of spec, rails were a little tight, just not what he expected. I think Harlan posted that they were out of the NDS-2SF with selector markings, I will call and find out when the next batch is to arrive. Those RGun barrels sound good but I will believe it when I see how good they really are.

• Like 1

Who you callin' mother-fucker, mother-fucker? :lolol:

Seriously though, why is it so hard for a US company to produce high quality AK barrels? It seems like the market it there.

Well I guess you were right on the RGun kits being Tula, it seems the AK forum guys have talked to RGun and they are claiming they are Tula.

u can... pin a fake can, lock the mag, and bolt on a stock lock... none of that is permanent and there is no bayo lug on that weapon anyhow... so your only "evil" feature is the PG... or make one out of a piece of wood that extends and touches the stock and leaves your thumb on the right side of the rifle and you then can use ten round detachable mags...

oh and another thing is, if the rifles were in bulgaria for over 5 years, then they're no longer russian, and paperwork can be obtained to get the parts kits stateside.... ie, those PLO russian kits a while back and other thing filtering in here and there... thats why they're sold as bulgy, because they are... (more or less) nothing like that can come out of russia and nothing has, those are 1986 kits.

u can... pin a fake can, lock the mag, and bolt on a stock lock... none of that is permanent and there is no bayo lug on that weapon anyhow... so your only "evil" feature is the PG... or make one out of a piece of wood that extends and touches the stock and leaves your thumb on the right side of the rifle and you then can use ten round detachable mags...

genius!

so where do I start?

Rub it in...Rub it in! Bastard! :rolleyes:

Speaking of rubbing it in, here's your baby from this weekend :super:

I've decided to revert back to the classic look. The Samson rails are nice but lately I haven't been feeling tactical with the 5.45's, I'm getting back into old school retro.

Can't wait to see yours built...86 TULA!!!!

AKSU-LAM-LeftPlum_001.JPG

AKSU-LAM-RightPlum_002.JPG

AKSU_LAM_Black.JPG

AKSU_LAM_Bake.JPG

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
  • Like 1

It shoots as good as it looks! If only mine when it is built will shoot so well. I ordered two Nodak NDS-2SF receivers today, one for me and one for Chris D. All of the Russian marked receivers were gone so I got the unmarked ones. Sneak down to TWS one day this weekend if you get a chance, it will be hot but no chance of rain.

look up solar tactical, great guys, they'll set you up with parts to make your rifle cali legal.

thanks!

I bought my mag lock from them

can I just chop off the barrel, change the stock and make a krink or do I need to buy a real barrel and stuff?

chop what barrel? u can turn down a 5.45 barrel to fit aksu parts, and then leave it 16" or chop it and pin a fake can. thats the only two options for you in cali. If you're building from scratch, i guess u can build a cali-legal pistol, like the 7,62 pictured above. but no rifle can be ever changed into a pistol, although a pistol can be changed into a rifle legaly... oh and if you want the shorter barrel, you'll need to live someplace other than cali (like nevada) and get a tax stamp before being able to legaly chop the barrel...

the barrel profiles on the AK74su and the AK74 are different...

oh, and heads up, the aksu barrel parts, ie gas block and so on, are not interchangable with the regular ak74 series... you;d need a complete parts kit, gut the saiga, pop the barrel out and send it, and the parts to go on it, to a reputable smithy (like turbothis) and have him re-profile the barrel, pin the new parts on and send it back to you to pin back into your reciever, and thats IF you're a decent gunsmith yourself, but just lack a lathe...

all that would remain of your saiga would be the barrel and reciever, so this is not a good option.

better option --> buy the 750 parts kit, buy the needed cali parts, buy a virgin barrel from a number of sources for around 100-130..., buy rivets, a reciever pre-bent blank...flat...or complete ak74 reciever.

750-parts kit

130-barrel

100- reciever

10-rivets

36-trigger

**-other needed compliance parts...

75-100-for turning the barrel down (i'd leave it over 16", just fit the parts on)

total is over 1200 bucks and thats still not factoring in shipping or cali parts...

then rivet everything together, lock the lockable items needed for cali happiness, make sure parts count is A-OK and u have a krink. oh, and its a lot of fucking work, and you're bound to fuck it up on the first try...