tactical flashlights

We have not had any problems with the the LED lights we sell. I have one of the 200 lumens on my HD Saiga 12 and have shot over 500 rounds with it on

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-LASERS-dsh-LIGHTS/Categories

I always payed top dollar for the high end lights until I noticed the amount of light failures I was having. I took a chance and ordered a very reasonably priced light from Carolina Shooters Supply, my first being a UTG Flashlight Defender Series LED 268

I have put many rounds through the Saiga-12 it is mounted on and abused the hell out of it. It is running strong, very bright. I have ordered a few more since and the people at CSS are super to deal with, great prices and scary fast delivery.

I, too, run the 200 lumen UTG light, but not on my S-12 (I don't have a mount for it yet) I run it on my Mossberg 500. As you well know, a pump-action has quite a bit more recoil than a semi-auto because there is no action to soak up the recoil. I have yet to have a problem with this light and I shoot the pump-action as often as my S-12.

UTG is a cheap Chinese brand, but they work flawlessly in my experience...

I, too, run the 200 lumen UTG light, but not on my S-12 (I don't have a mount for it yet) I run it on my Mossberg 500. As you well know, a pump-action has quite a bit more recoil than a semi-auto because there is no action to soak up the recoil. I have yet to have a problem with this light and I shoot the pump-action as often as my S-12.

UTG is a cheap Chinese brand, but they work flawlessly in my experience...

UTG, a division of Leapers Inc., is actually an American company. They have had many of their products produced in China, but have always had pretty high production standards. Compared to other Chinese made tactical lights, the Leapers UTG line is "high end". My Leapers UTG Quad Rail is actually "Made in USA". Here is a quote from their website.

"Leapers, Inc., headquartered in Michigan, U.S.A., has been in the business of supplying shooting, hunting and outdoor gear since 1991. We set un-compromised high standards for all of our business operations. Our goal is to provide a total solution for any lines of product we offer. We pay close attention to industry trends and customer feedback, with a focus on making the best-in-class niche products available for hunting, shooting and outdoor enthusiasts like you.

In 2009, we made an important decision to start our Made-In-the-USA Manufacturing Operation. With our full commitment to serving more customers in the market with 922R compliant products, we have begun making our unique mounting systems under the UTG PRO brand in Michigan, USA. We will continue to be innovation-driven and offer you the highest quality/value products at the most competitive pricing...".

Wow, you learn something new everyday.

Still though, I bought my light prior to 2009, so if their quality got any better from being made in the U.S.A. then that's just a plus for future purchases!

The majority of shooters out there don't know this about Leapers UTG. It isn't helped any that UTG also makes Airsoft products. I have two Saigas with UTG quad rails and take nothing but grief at our range from otherwise, very knowledgeable gun guys.

I would be surprised if UTG moves their tactical light operations to the US though. For the same quality product made here in the States, you'd wind up charging the same $150 and up as the other US manufacturers.

Wow, you learn something new everyday.

Still though, I bought my light prior to 2009, so if their quality got any better from being made in the U.S.A. then that's just a plus for future purchases!

The majority of shooters out there don't know this about Leapers UTG. It isn't helped any that UTG also makes Airsoft products. I have two Saigas with UTG quad rails and take nothing but grief at our range from otherwise, very knowledgeable gun guys.

I would be surprised if UTG moves their tactical light operations to the US though. For the same quality product made here in the States, you'd wind up charging the same $150 and up as the other US manufacturers.

Yeah, I get some shit for running UTG on my Mossy, but the guy who gave me shit has had to replace the bulb in his name-brand unit mounted on HIS 12 gauge three times while I just turn mine on and use it... :haha:

Thanks for the suggestions guys... I think i might go with this laser/light combo http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-107/UTG-Laser-fdsh-Light-tactical-AR/Detail Does anyone use this, or know how many lumens that it puts out?

This is a sharp little compact unit. If you pick one up and mount it on a SAIGA-12, keep us posted on how it holds up.

Specs for the UTG-TLP28 are:

Material: Aluminum

Weight with Battery: 6.3 oz

Flashlight Bulb Type: 23mm Xenon IRB

Flashlight Voltage(V): 6

Flashlight Max. Lumen(Lumens): 126

Flashlight Battery Operating Time: 70mins

Switch Operating Type: Ambidextrous Toggle Switch

Flashlight Focus: Preset

Laser Control & Adjustment: TS & 4 Points

Laser Beam Movement: 80cm @ 10m

Laser Type: Class 3R

Laser Output Power: 2.5-3.1mW

Laser Wavelength: 630-640nm

Laser Beam Diameter: 15-20mm@15m

Laser Operating Temperature: 14oF - 113oF

Laser Battery Operating Time: 80mins

Laser Range: 500m

Laser Life Time: 6000hrs

Length: 3.58"

Color: Black

kinda "ghetto" because its a pistol light but i run a tlr 1 on line and really like it!!!

I wouldn't call the Streamlight TLR-1 a "ghetto" choice just because it works on pistols. It's a really well-built little light. I use one on my S-12, and the TLR-1's size and switch design make it very quick and easy to use where I have it mounted..

handguard1.jpg

handguard3.jpg

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 5/31/2010 at 8:51 AM, Iorn Man said:

Can anyone recommend a good tactical flashlight to use with the saiga-12? Thanks...

For tactical flashlights with weapons, the Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL is suitable. You can install it on most weapons, of course, it is also relatively expensive. Once you get one, you will find it really worth paying for this price. Look here: https://www.gearhunder.com/best-tactical-flashlight/

On 5/31/2010 at 8:51 AM, Iorn Man said:

Can anyone recommend a good tactical flashlight to use with the saiga-12? Thanks...

For tactical flashlights with weapons, the Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL is suitable. You can install it on most weapons, of course, it is also relatively expensive. Once you get one, you will find it really worth paying for this price.