What a wekend. The four leaf clovers in my pocket helped me through this one, But I gotta find a Witch to break this curse of bad luck I live. LOL

Well guys, I still can't believe or forget the view of that car 6" off my leg before it hit me. Silver haired lady ran a red light and T-boned me on the bike Sunday. Square shot, total right side of the bike. I have an imprint of the licence plate bracket in my boot from the car. I remember getting hit, then I was inside of the car's bumper cover ( How ????) and saw the kick start lever go flying past my head, then laying on the asphalt in parts. What a Fuck'n ride. One phone call, Sitting on curb in a bloody mess. Looking at U'd rear shock, Carb in the gas tank, and the front clip of the car that hit me. Around the corner comes that spiked Mohawk, Thanks Jake, Truely, Thank you.

I haven't seen the Bike yet, That's over a Jake's place. Him and his Father picked it up for me when I went for my red light ride in the amb. I got out of it very well, well .. could have been alot worst. Still have a leg. Right ankle they gotta put back together, it's in a few extra pieces. Both feet are broke, Bruises on the knees, hips, ribs. I am not new to pain by any means. I can't believe how much My body HURTS!! Eating these Oxi's like there Smarties. Thank's to those that have shown thier concern, I've heard through Nailbomb.

Maybe he'll take some pics of the bike and post them. I'm gonna miss it. LOL Last report on that was the rocker covers and the watch I had on the bars might be saveable the rest is toast.

• Like 3

Damn dude I'm glad you are ok. That's some scary shit. Really sorry about the bike man, that thing was awesome. I know you guys will get something else together in time. Take care of yourself and keep munchin those Oxi's. Good luck with the ankle and feet and hang on to those clovers! Jake's a good friend. You're lucky in that respect too.

Terrible news, bro....Those of us who pile up the two-wheel miles know it can happen anytime, but hope it won't be this ride.

We also hope for that really true friend to show when (if) it does....

It'll get better each day. Plan that new bike.

The best,

guido

Working our way Back to front in these pics you can see the left hand shock ripped off its lower mount, the right hand one held, but bent everything with it. the left hand turn signal is crushed into the rear fender, and the fender is dented anyway. I tried to take a good pic of the drive section of the engine to show that its not square in the frame anymore. that means that the frame is tweeked, and there is possible damage to the motor mounts. The mount we fabbed up out of stainless for the bag, is fucked too. Oil bag is dented on the Far side, and the cap was ripped off during the crash.

P3030099.JPG

P3030092.JPG

P3030098.JPG

P3030093.JPG

Left and right foward controlls are bent up, steering dampener is bent... Air cleaner shoved up into the tank and cracked. The support for the carb is bent to hell, and if it shoved up with that much force I'm assuming the aluminum air intake lost the fight with the cast bungs on the heads. So the intake is probably fucked, and there might be damage to the bungs.

the carb might be salvagable.

The front and back rim are bent(you probably can't see in pics, but roll this thing and you'll definitly notice. front forks are tweeked. bars and pretty much anything related to them except a watch are destroyed.

Not sure about the fork trees. they might be okay.

Last pic shows where the ticker stoped on this one.

P3030095.JPG

P3030097.JPG

P3030100.JPG

P3030094.JPG

P3030096.JPG

P3030101.JPG

So how cooperative is this lady who hit him being? Her insurance needs to pay for ALL, and she needs to surrender her driving license,

else she should be gone after in criminal court for attempted vehicular manslaughter.

I hate how old people get a free pass when it comes to driving like shit, whereas younger people, who are MUCH BETTER drivers,

get shit on for the slightest infraction.

Keep a positive outlook man, with therapy, they can fix most anything. You'll be out there again soon enough. Start planning the

next bike.

Shit man, That story sounds like its straight from the "Grey Dawn" episode of South Park where the old people keep crashing their cars on the way to the early bird special. I hope you heal quickly and get back to riding asap.

Sorry about your bike stormi, and glad you are semi ok. Your due some good luck, maybe it will be as big as the bad thats been following you around.

• Like 1

Good luck with the Ankles... them's the tough ones... My Tina had hers smashed when some bimbo turned right in front of her... she t-boned the lady at almost 55 mph... Also, a buddy of mine had some bad luck on a ladder... it was up against a wall, and it slipped out on the concrete... he went straight down from about 12 feet or so... his foot was sideways to his leg...

needless to say years later, they are still working out the issues... I hope you heal a lot better than they did... recovery can be a tough one... get a good surgeon... dont cut any corners... and NEVER settle for less than a lifetime of medical care on your injuries!!! Tina did... she got pretty much screwed... Keep the medical for LIFE... you will be VERY GLAD you did!!

You can always replace a bike... you have your life... THAT'S the important part... THAT is the one you dont get back!

At least your trigger finger still works... you will have lots of time to do some shootin!! THAT always helps to speed recovery!! :up:

:smoke:

Wow akastromi, get well, sounds like a hell of a ride your having. Best wishes. Nailbomb your a hell of a guy, plus fucking 10.

Ive always wanted a bike, but the people that dont pay attention scare me the most. Too vulnerable for me. I always give bikes the ride away, and watch them close. Too many careless drivers ignore them.

Wish you a fast recovery! and hope when your bike comes back your way, you get to ride it for many more.027.gif

Damn that sucks! I hope you get better soon!

Ive always wanted a bike, but the people that dont pay attention scare me the most.

Same here. I don't doubt myself, but I don't trust many others.

thanks alot guys. Been on the phone more than I've ever cared to, getting ducks in some sort of order. Yup, I'm very glad I have friends, The wife hasn't even texted me to ask how I'm doing. F her!

The pics are shitty, I've looked at the bike twice now, for hours. I truely shouldn't be here now, at the least I should have lost the right leg below the knee. But, My out look is; I'm here, still alive, I will heal, I will Walk, and I will have another bike. :) Hell I survived a Buick!

Hope you have a quick recovery. It blows about the bike, but like you said, in many ways you were lucky to survive intact. Give a little thanks to the man upstairs and get better soon! :super:

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the shock and awe is over. 2 op's and 4 casts and pain is minimized. I get to fight with the lady's Insurance over my bike's worth. LOL

Coming up with a parts and accessories list is easy, quote on the engraving? A wee bit more difficult. 2 companies that specialize in engraving bikes wanted more pics, so I ran to Nailbomb's tonight and snapped some.

I think my motors abit screwed. Check out the engravings from the kicker to the cam, some reason thier a little off now, they use to line up nice. LOL

Still kinda pretty even if it is wadded up.

post-10574-021622600 1277873155_thumb.jpg

post-10574-089979200 1277873173_thumb.jpg

thanks alot guys. Been on the phone more than I've ever cared to, getting ducks in some sort of order. Yup, I'm very glad I have friends, The wife hasn't even texted me to ask how I'm doing. F her!

The pics are shitty, I've looked at the bike twice now, for hours. I truely shouldn't be here now, at the least I should have lost the right leg below the knee. But, My out look is; I'm here, still alive, I will heal, I will Walk, and I will have another bike. :) Hell I survived a Buick!

Glad you'll be ok, and when you start working on yer bike again, go to the XL Forum. www.xlforum.net Find the forum for your year bike, and lots of help on there.

Lots of good folks on there to help you get it up again, or if it ends up not fixable, lots of folks to buy your parts should you decide to part it out.

Heal up, and get back in the wind and shooting again...

I know how it is, i had to lie my bike down to avoid hitting a tourist stopped in the middle of a blind curve taking a pic of a deer at 40 mph on my 75 XLH once, took 2 years to get bike and me back together....

Edited by icefire