Best muzzle device to permanently attach to S12

After removing the barrel from the receiver, I am going to cut down my barrel and permanently attach a muzzle device to bring the barrel length down to 18.25 inches. What would you guys suggest? I don't want a spiky door breacher, but other than that I am open to suggestions. The only thing I can see those "teeth" doing for me, is biting my leg.

What say you?

post-14197-024354400 1275453315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Parf

Can you permanently attach a polychoke? Would that be a bad idea? I like the idea of having a choke.

I like the looks of the King Armory unit, the Tromix flash hider, the JTE competition brake #2, and the Phantom hider, so far.

Depends on what you plan to use it for. For general purposes, Tromix shark breaks kick ass. They are a little sharp, but not particularly stabby.

Home defense and possibly some competition. Cardboard, bad guys, and zombies.

A friend of mine has the JTE competition brake permanently attached with barrel shortened as you described. It makes the whole gun look awesome. I can't speak to how functional it is yet because I haven't seen him since the day he got it. I'm thinking about going in that direction with one of mine. I agree, the pointy ends might look evil but for practical purposes they aren't much use to the average guy. I even question how effective any door breaching brake is at all against any substantial door unless used in conjunction with door breaching rounds or you have a lot of time on your hands to pick away at wood and/or metal.

If I was going to sacrifice my external threads for a shorter barrel length, and weld something on there permanently, I would go with one of these internally threaded choke adapters:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=43443

Not only has it been proven in testing that the internal chokes pattern better than poly chokes, but you will also have other options that you don't get with a poly. There are rifled slug chokes that give better accuracy with sabot slugs, along with ported, and other specialty chokes. You would also have the option of whatever attachments may be available in the near future, that will thread into the adapter....hint hint...ph34r.gif

After removing the barrel from the receiver, I am going to cut down my barrel and permanently attach a muzzle device to bring the barrel length down to 18.25 inches. What would you guys suggest? I don't want a spiky door breacher, but other than that I am open to suggestions. The only thing I can see those "teeth" doing for me, is biting my leg.

post-14197-024354400%201275453315_thumb.jpg

What say you?

post-14197-024354400 1275453315_thumb.jpg

I personally like dinzag's AK brake.

s12_brake_74.jpg

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_12/saiga_12.html

But I tend to like old school on everything anyhow.

Whatever you do...

You do realize you'll need to add a port or increase the size right?

S6300563.jpg

If I was going to sacrifice my external threads for a shorter barrel length, and weld something on there permanently, I would go with one of these internally threaded choke adapters:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=43443

Not only has it been proven in testing that the internal chokes pattern better than poly chokes, but you will also have other options that you don't get with a poly. There are rifled slug chokes that give better accuracy with sabot slugs, along with ported, and other specialty chokes. You would also have the option of whatever attachments may be available in the near future, that will thread into the adapter....hint hint...ph34r.gif

Ditto

Whatever you do...

You do realize you'll need to add a port or increase the size right?

All ready done! I got one of the Vodka specials, and drilled 2 more ports and opened them all up a bit. I can't remember what size, but I do remember that it was the recommended size for a 14" barrel with factory length gas system. I use the gunfixer plug to turn the gas down as it is now.

My gunsmith is making a copy of a Barrett comp for my S12

But it will have a not vented Poly-Choke at the end.

It will also have a double JP Enterprise shroud brake in the middle of the barrel.

Will post some pics once finished

Edited by Alberto Hart