BEST SAIGA GUNSMITH IN ARIZONA

• 7 months later...

I live in Phoenix and my car lot is just east of Arizona Armory .Jeff who I have known for years is now as good as anyone,his weapons function 100% and the fit and finish is as good as any . .He is also one of the nicest guys you will ever meet .I would rate his builds/conversions up there with the best .

I am the best!!!! J/K. Just do it yourself. Not a hard job at all. I live in the tri state area close to laughlin.

Good idea...I've been researching it and it doesn't seem that hard. Is this viedo pretty right on you'd say? http://vimeo.com/2787027

Edited by GONIF

Is Lonestar arms in Arizona or New Mexico (or maybe Colorado)? I can't remember, I know they're not in TX, but they are a forum contributor.

New Mexico. But damn good!!!!

I am the best!!!! J/K. Just do it yourself. Not a hard job at all. I live in the tri state area close to laughlin.

yeah me too! I agree with Dave. Quite simple really.

Good idea...I've been researching it and it doesn't seem that hard. Is this viedo pretty right on you'd say? http://vimeo.com

CSS also has some good videos.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Is Lonestar arms in Arizona or New Mexico (or maybe Colorado)? I can't remember, I know they're not in TX, but they are a forum contributor.

I'm located in Albuquerque NM, and you can see my work http://www.lonestararms.com

Best regards,

Mike

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

For the $250 price tag what is actually done the the weapon? Is this simply labor or are parts included?

AZEX posts on arizonashooting. I would suggest sending him a PM over there or perhaps at his website. I dont know how busy he is right now but for a while they were really busy

• 3 weeks later...

I know that it might seem intimidating but the video referenced in this post and the tons on you tube you should gain the confidence to do it your self. There really is now major skill too it.

if you are unfamiliar with the AK and its parts i would take the time to take it down and put it back together several times. That will begin to build you confidence level and give you experience with dealing with the mainspring and BHO spring install. Just take your time the first time out.

Don't worry too much about tuning trigger as the tapco G2 really is a good trigger and once you put several hundred rounds down the tube it gets very nice. I wouldn't do any polishing to the trigger as i don't really think it needs it once the mating surfaces have broken themselves in.

Oh yeah if you decided to use the BHO the of the hammer that faces the BHO will have to be reduced to compensate for the BHO thickness. Again no big deal just go a little at a time (keep level ) and test fit along the way.

the first time you do this on your own it make take about an hour ( including painting raw parts) but once you see how simple it is the next would be cut in half. I think the only thing that would give concern would be painting if you decide to re-paint different color. Otherwise there are several different rattle can high temp paints that do a good job of matching OEM finish.

I think doing this conversion yourself gives the owner an appreciation of the simplicity of the design of the weapon and the confidence that no matter what may possibly go wrong (if ever) you could fix it yourself.

I should think about hiring out if people are willing to pay for this. i have built my own 2 AMD 65 from kit and 80% receivers and converted two saiga rifles and one S 12 along with doing my own bolt work. Not that tough just takes Patience and time.