Is peep sight compatible

I was just wondering if the ak peep sight from Krebs would work fine on the 5.56. Personally I don't know how much a difference there is between the rear sight on 7.62 and a 5.56. So I'm assuming the rear peep sight they are selling is for the 7.62. So if any of ya'll got any knowledge on this subject, and whether or not you could use it on the 5.56 please feel free to fill me in.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

post-21779-048377300 1275533451_thumb.jpg

I was just wondering if the ak peep sight from Krebs would work fine on the 5.56. Personally I don't know how much a difference there is between the rear sight on 7.62 and a 5.56. So I'm assuming the rear peep sight they are selling is for the 7.62. So if any of ya'll got any knowledge on this subject, and whether or not you could use it on the 5.56 please feel free to fill me in.

The calibration for caliber is not in the sight leaf, but in the ramp beneath it. The Krebs 1000 meter sight will work fine for the .223.

Edited by Jim Digriz

The calibration for caliber is not in the sight leaf, but in the ramp beneath it. The Krebs 1000 meter sight will work fine for the .223.

Well I guess we learn new things everyday, I didn't know the calibration was in the ramp. So would the 800 meter work also?

I think the 800 woul still work though right?

I would think that it would be a little off, progressively worse at further distances. I'm just theorizing, though. But why buy the wrong one??

Edited by Jim Digriz

I think the 800 woul still work though right?

I would think that it would be a little off, progressively worse at further distances. I'm just theorizing, though. But why buy the wrong one??

Good point. Thanks for the info on this.