Any Input On SGM Saiga 12 "The Boss" Brake?

As stated in the title, any user input on the SGM Saiga 12 "The Boss" brake from Carolina Shooters Supply?

post-24066-069690500 1275593619_thumb.jpg

SGM makes excellent parts and CSS is an excellent parts distributor.

Although, be weary of what IS or IS NOT written/noted in the product description.

I have noticed that the item is exactly as described, no more, no less.

I considered buying that brake but opted not to specifically because the page doesn't note anything about actual recoil reduction.

I ended up purchasing SGM's "The Gunner" because it and SGM's "The Pro" both say "Designed for competition shooters to help with recoil for faster shots." directly in the description.

It's merely deductive reasoning, I could be wrong, but that product may just be stink pretty.

So far my Gunner has worked great, without issue and does, infact, help with recoil reduction quite a bit.

I now wish I had waited a couple months and gotten CHAOS's muzzle brake because it's on sale this week.

I've seen more people swear by it more than what I've got, but my Gunner serves its purpose so I'm satisfied.

Edited by theplastik
  • 7 months later...

I ordered the saber boss but once it arrived i didnt like the "teeth" on the end, i dont really like the breacher look unless your using the weapon specifically for that purpose. My gun came with the barrel cut down to 18" so i needed something to make it legal length.

I smoothed the "teeth" off, duracoated it and now its perm attached.

I was under the impression that pretty much all the muzzle devices did little to nothing in the way of braking/recoil reduction. am i wrong about this?? I know ive read it here several times. I have a warthog but i havent noticed ANY recoil reduction with it.

I was under the impression that pretty much all the muzzle devices did little to nothing in the way of braking/recoil reduction. am i wrong about this?? I know ive read it here several times. I have a warthog but i havent noticed ANY recoil reduction with it.

Pretty much. If there is any recoil reduction from a muzzle devise it is very little. That is why all the open class competition S12s have a mid barrel comps to knock down the recoil.