I am pleased with Comcast service, but the bill kicks my a$$. I'm looking to save a little money on internet and TV, so I am considering ATT. Anyone have Uverse? Like it.... hate it, what do you think? There are gamers in the house and generally about 4 laptops going too. Any suggestions/opinions welcome.

Thank you!

I'm with ya on Comcast, unfortunately they have a monopoly in my area, so they're the only game in town. I have the triple play and I'm running 2 desktops, a laptop, and an Xbox 360 with the D-link Gamers Lounge router-I got it at Newegg.com. It's under $100 and fast. I'm running Linux on all 3 of my pc's and the router works and sets up easily. Hope that helps.

I'm with ya on Comcast, unfortunately they have a monopoly in my area, so they're the only game in town. I have the triple play and I'm running 2 desktops, a laptop, and an Xbox 360 with the D-link Gamers Lounge router-I got it at Newegg.com. It's under $100 and fast. I'm running Linux on all 3 of my pc's and the router works and sets up easily. Hope that helps.

Verizon is the best internet service I've ever had, and I've had most of the major ones.

The one thing I noticed about AT&T is that they will bust out extra fees on you any chance they'll get.

More recently, they're no longer offering "unlimited data" services for cell phones.

It costs something like LESS than 1/10th of a penny for a text message.

I can't imagine it being much more for 3g internet.

I never had any issues with Comcast except maybe minor and rare non-connectivity. Never extra charges.

But yeah, they're terrible about their prices.

Honestly, if AT&T is cheaper, I still wouldn't switch but its just my experience.

With the last price increase, my bill is close to $130 for basic cable and internet. I'm wondering if I can get more for my money elsewhere.

My bill with Verizon Fios is $120 a month.

This includes the second fastest internet speed, 3 Cable Boxes/ 1 being HDTV.

That bill is terrible. Maybe it is time to move on.

Ive had comcast and charter and satellite, and in my opinion directv is the best equipt and price for TV service, but it wont take care of your internet issue. I got free install, 3 boxes (1 hd dvr, 1 hd receiver and 1 standard receiver) 250 channels and showtime and stars for 70 bucks a month.

CommCast came into our area and killed all the local competition, and with it the decent rates. Top that off with shitty cable service, a customer no-service department, and horrible repairmen,and you have the crappiest cable ever. I would dump the bastards in aminute if I had a better option... :devil:

I had Charter Cable for both internet and tv and switched to Dish network and just used the cable for internet.

I switched to Uverse a couple months ago, it is AWESOME ! Great pictures, great speed on the net and NO (as of today) offline like cable and dish. It costs me a little more, but it's worth it..

Man, I would kill for Comcast. I have Metrocast, and its 160 a month for their low-level package. It's worse than the basic Comcast. That and the phone line sounds like it was laid in 1892. They have a local monopoly, and it sucks donkey dick for canadian pennies.

Comcast has shitty customer service, but they are cheap and a reasonable product.

Comcast is the anti-Christ! For years they gave me crappy service and customer proof customer service. I got FIOS as soon as it became available, and I would use rabbit ears before subjecting myself to Comcast again!

Here is another possibility..If comcast has an internet only rate.(i have time warrnercable $50 for internet an i use it for my phone) just get that..then for phone check out OOMA. OOMA is the way to go. you just get there base unit and never pay for phone again. OOma is $250 for equipment. after that you never pay a thing unless you opt for their premium service then it is 9$ amonth. I have had it for 2 yrs now no problem. could care less about TV. But if you must have use your comcast or go with dishnet. (i have had both directtv and dishnet) plus for phone there is magicjack and skype not worth the headaches.

there other ways to go but this is the cheapest and most reliable i have found.

Edited by TacSat

I am pleased with Comcast service, but the bill kicks my a$$. I'm looking to save a little money on internet and TV, so I am considering ATT. Anyone have Uverse? Like it.... hate it, what do you think? There are gamers in the house and generally about 4 laptops going too. Any suggestions/opinions welcome.

Thank you!

I've had AT&T U-verse for almost 2 years (Cable/Internet). Comes to about $140/month. Great product. Horrible customer service that on a good day couldn't find its ass with both hands and a dog, though.

Edited by Kevin in Texas