I have done 7.62x39.. 223.. and may do a 308 now?

anything different about converting a 308 VS the other calibers?

thanks

Yeah. It's easier. You don't have to drill out any rivets in order to remove the old FCG (and worry about plugging the left-over holes) and don't have to install a bullet guide. Mine also came with the pistol grip bushing hole already there, but some don't.

The Tapco G2 FCG needs some mods for it to work though. Dinzag sells a very good premodded trigger and hammer, if you don't want to mess with that stuff.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

thanks

Yeah. It's easier. You don't have to drill out any rivets in order to remove the old FCG (and worry about plugging the left-over holes) and don't have to install a bullet guide. Mine also came with the pistol grip bushing hole already there, but some don't.

The Tapco G2 FCG needs some mods for it to work though. Dinzag sells a very good premodded trigger and hammer, if you don't want to mess with that stuff.

how is the recoil on these? the 7.62 is VERY manageable.. is this similar.. i would likely be selling my 7.62 to finance the 308 build... i love the 7.62 but prefer common calibers.. and since my AR is chambered in 308.. this would be perfect..

thanks

how is the recoil on these? the 7.62 is VERY manageable.. is this similar.. i would likely be selling my 7.62 to finance the 308 build... i love the 7.62 but prefer common calibers.. and since my AR is chambered in 308.. this would be perfect..

Well, recoil is a pretty subjective thing... Obviously, it kicks more than 7.62x39 mm, is harder to keep on target during rapid firing and makes my shoulder a little tender after many rounds of bench shooting, but personally, I don't find it to be problematic. I am a pretty big guy though. SGM makes this bolt-on muzzle break, which is heavy and kind of ugly, but has been shown to reduce recoil quite a bit.

• 1 month later...