24 inch saiga wont cycle low brass ammo

I have a new saiga with a 24inch barrel after I shot about 100 rounds of high brass thru it with no problems I went with low brass. I shot many different types of low brass ammo and it would not cycle, My saiga has two ports and the gun had been cleaned from the last time I shot it. Should I just keep shooting high brass for a few hundred more rounds any help would be great. Thanks Greejeep

Send it back to the factory, I did with my 24", only had one hole. The 2 holes work better but still may never shoot smaller rounds. They just sent me a bran-new 3 port gun.

I guess the factory tried to save money on drilling buy going from 3 to 2 holes then to try and save more and fix the problem the 2 holes had they changed the gas chamber and went down to one hole. At least that's how it was explained to me. Now they went back to 3 hole gas blocks on there new ones. My 3 hole still did not shoot a light 2 3/4 but I have only shot it about 20 rounds out so I expect it to loosen up.

Send it back to the factory, I did with my 24", only had one hole. The 2 holes work better but still may never shoot smaller rounds. They just sent me a bran-new 3 port gun.

I guess the factory tried to save money on drilling buy going from 3 to 2 holes then to try and save more and fix the problem the 2 holes had they changed the gas chamber and went down to one hole. At least that's how it was explained to me. Now they went back to 3 hole gas blocks on there new ones. My 3 hole still did not shoot a light 2 3/4 but I have only shot it about 20 rounds out so I expect it to loosen up.

buy a new plug, see if that helps

Saturday I bought a brand new 19 inch Saiga 12 that has three gas ports and had a problem with low brass shot on number 2 gas plug setting. I guess I should try the Gunfixers gas plug also, and what about a after market gas piston? Should I just try the gas plug first or just get both?

well Stein, Since it is brand new fire a couple hundred rounds of high brass to break it in first. DO NOT used low brass winchester ammo in it, it will not cycle well. Use ferderal or remington bulk 1 1/8oz from walmart. (its the cheapest birdshot) Wait to buy anything till it is well broken in, then go from there.

Edited by Rangerguy

Yeah, I figured I should after about 30 rounds of the low brass jamming, my friend had some high brass and it cycled fine. I mentioned to him I should have probably bought high brass. Out of all that I read before purchasing my Saiga I never saw what to break it in with, thanks for the advice.

First things first, before buying various products, is get the gas ports in order. The gun should, in factory configuration, cycle low brass ammo on setting 2. There are two "families" of mods to get the gun working, basically stuff to mod the gas section (bigger/more ports, new plugs, etc.) and stuff to mod the action and make it smoother (polishing the bolt carrier group, FCG, rails etc)

I would give it one more shot at the range, run some heavy buck/slug through it. Maybe 50-100 rounds. After that, if it's still not running birdshot on setting 2, I would send it in for warranty to Cadiz Gun Works, they are on here and very nice to deal with. They will take your gun in and fix it up assuming the warranty is not voided (converting the gun and possibly some other mods void the warranty)

Afterwards, once the ports are working good, then you can get improved gas plugs, get the bolt carrier and FCG etc polished, but first you definitely want to make sure the ports are good, especially if you're still under warranty.