After some great info and suggestions from all you guys. I decided to pick up an Kel-Tec .380 And I got to take it to the range yesterday.

The good- from what I've seen it shoots where I point it, weighs as much as my cell phone, and my version didnt seem to jam due to limp wristing.

the bad- I do have one very bad flaw with this gun. The mag wont stay in place. I was shooting and noticed the mag drop to the ground. *hrmmm* I thought did I hit the mag release button???? Well I tried it some more, and found out thats not the problem. For some reason it drops the mag when I go to put a round in the chamber, shoot, or worse yet...... bump hit against my hand.

the ugly- keep fingers away from slide. I was holding it with two hands to keep the mag from falling out, an it caught the back of my thumb. *ouchie*****

I figure I can always return it to KT, the warr. looks good, and I hear they have good service. Unless there are any other suggestions that might fix the problem??????

• 3 months later...

keltecs service is excellent. i needed some parts for my sub2000 rifle and they fixed me up real nice and fast!

i was always wanted the p11 but i heard they want to "jump out your hand". i guess due to the light weight combined with the 9mm round.

it would have been for the wife, but now i'm seriously considering a bulgarian makarov in 9x18 for her.

The Kahr is also an AWESOME gun for a gal. I have the P-3AT and I had a helluva time with mine. Kept jamming, I kept lip wristing it, I wanted better aiming abilities, etc. I got the P-sight, which helps a ton with aiming, I got the Hogue Jr. slip-on ergo grip and limp wristing stopped, and I learned that it jammed only with none-domed bullets. Those flat-headed Winchesters jam 9/10 shots, but the domed Remingtons are fine, as are Federal Hollowpoints. I've heard a lot about the magazine falling out, luckily I've never had it happen to me. You may try the Hogue. It can be used to slightly cover the magazine at the bottom of the grip which helps hold it in place.

Also, you may want to send it to the company and they should fix it right up. You may also see what other kinds of work you can get done. Teflon coat the internals, hard-chrome slide, P-sight, lightened trigger pull, over-travel stop, new reset point. I looked into the whole 9-yards, but was happy with just the little bit I did. It's a good backup gun, or micro-compact carry, but I would rarely trust my life to a $200. Check into the Kahrs...a bit more expensive, but holy crap are they nice! Also, don't go by the website's cost, you can find them easily for half of what they're listed for on Kahr's homepage.

Lastly, a .380 in terms of guns is like a mosquite bite compared to a wasp sting. It's rarely going to be lethal. It may dissuade someone, but it also may just piss them off. Look into Extreme Shock ammo. It's so expensive that I've not gotten to do too complete a test to see if it jams in the P-3AT, but the few shots I've wasted to ensure it would fire went fine. And that stuff makes a wasp look like a wuss.

keltecs service is excellent. i needed some parts for my sub2000 rifle and they fixed me up real nice and fast!

i was always wanted the p11 but i heard they want to "jump out your hand". i guess due to the light weight combined with the 9mm round.

it would have been for the wife, but now i'm seriously considering a bulgarian makarov in 9x18 for her.

I love my p-11. I've never felt like it wanted to jump out of my hand. The recoil on it is about the same as my glock 21.