Lost My Handguard Screw

I was out clay shooting today and noticed that near the end of the day my handguard was feeling loose. We were on the last box of ammo and I stupidly thought that I will just tighten it up at home during cleaning & never checked it. So I pull it out for its cleaning session & noticed that I no longer have the front sling loop and handguard screw :eek:

What size is the handguard screw? (Swivel screw as listed in the manual's appendix.) I do not need the sling mount since I will be converting it very soon. I already have the parts & just need the time to do it. Once I start cutting & converting is there any screws on the gun now that will be replaced during the conversion that I could use for the handguard?

Had a great day at the range other than that! Shot 400 rounds (all remington bulk) with 0 FTEs & 1 FTF - shell hang up. Me & my buddy somehow managed to make the tradition scattergun users look bad. The range official even came over to us & said "I'm really impressed especially since you guys are using a "get outta my house gun"" :super:

I have a Cobra Fuglystick coming to me this week, already ordered, & I know it uses the factory screw to mount but I doubt that it comes with a new handguard screw. I need to find a replacement screw! Please Help!

M5-.80 .... I think?

I think the length is around 10-15mm. Lowes or home Depot should have an allen head screw you can use for the moment. They usually have socket cap (squared head) and button head (half round head) in that size.

I have a Cobra Fuglystick coming to me this week, already ordered, & I know it uses the factory screw to mount but I doubt that it comes with a new hand guard screw. I need to find a replacement screw! Please Help!

Your guessed wrong. :lolol:

There should be a grip screw with the new hand guard. In not let me know and I will send you one.

I believe that as others have said it is 5mm .8 pitch.

If you need I can double check the box of Allen heads I have kicking around.

Thanks to everyone for the replies & offers.

evlblkwpnz was spot on with his quick reply & I was able to get to Lowes today to pick up a selection.

It was funny that I could not find any threads or postings anywhere about thread sizes or torque loads. I figured it would be metric and had some M6s laying around-they were obviously too big. My Saiga manual had no information and a general Saiga manual posted online had some vague screw sizes but the diagram part #'s were illegiable & the sizes posted were (copied & pasted):

Screw % 1 .M4-6qX 12.58.05

Screw Bl.M4-6qX 16 58.05

Screw Bl.M4-6cxl2.58.05

Screw Bl.M4-6qXl658.05

All the conversion parts came with english threaded hardware which confused me even more. I even have a Tapco AK screw build set just in case for the conversion & after looking that up saw that they are englished threaded.

The last thing that I wanted to do was to just start trying out threading & accidently mess things up.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

• 4 years later...