Want to buy a second hand Saiga rifle

Hello ForumSaiga.com. This is my first post. I am in Northern New Mexico and searching for second-hand original, non-converted Saiga .223 or 762. Before I start calling around the Albuquerque gun retailers could someone please give me a heads up concerning how much money is too much to spend. From what I have learned so far, these rifles came on the market years ago for around $200. Then with the Obama scare, the prices went to the moon. Also, does anyone happen to know of any FFL dealers in Northern NM area. This is a great resource. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the forum!

Even before Obama, Rifle prices were $290+ Now they're like $369ish? Not much of an increase in the past few years. In fact, a 7.62x39 from Carolina Shooters is $324.99. I just looked at one place, a little more research may find a better price. Check our forum vendor section. Usually the best prices are there... Even after shipping($15?) + transfer fee ($30?), you'll be better off than $350+tax at a local place. Don't know your sales tax, but I'll assume a 5%. $350+tax = $367.50 + Background check (usually $5 here in FL) so $372.50. IF you can find one locally for $350.

:)

Welcome to the forum!

Even before Obama, Rifle prices were $290+ Now they're like $369ish? Not much of an increase in the past few years. In fact, a 7.62x39 from Carolina Shooters is $324.99. I just looked at one place, a little more research may find a better price. Check our forum vendor section. Usually the best prices are there... Even after shipping($15?) + transfer fee ($30?), you'll be better off than $350+tax at a local place. Don't know your sales tax, but I'll assume a 5%. $350+tax = $367.50 + Background check (usually $5 here in FL) so $372.50. IF you can find one locally for $350.

:)

Yeah, just got my 223 with 16" barrel from Mississippi Auto Arms for $315, $11 for gunpal processing, $24 for insured shipping. My FFL charged $50 for the transfer. All in all a good price as I got a 30 round Surefire for $10 as part of the deal. The 7.62x39 was the same price. Haven't fired it yet but will this weekend weather permitting.

Thunderheart

you should keep an eye out at local gun shows too. just this morning, a person announced they only paid $289 out the door at a show for their new saiga. I picked mine up a few months ago for $330 out the door. A buddy got one this last weekend for $300 at a show just by asking how low the guy would go for it.

you should keep an eye out at local gun shows too. just this morning, a person announced they only paid $289 out the door at a show for their new saiga. I picked mine up a few months ago for $330 out the door. A buddy got one this last weekend for $300 at a show just by asking how low the guy would go for it.

Greg, a co-worker was standing at the table, and pointed at a new AR(Stag Arms?) he was about to buy. I asked the dealer what is the best he could do on that AR, and he knocked off $70 just for asking. Worse they can say is that the price marked is the best that they can do. Plenty of vendors at gun shows, just need to take your time to find one that will deal.

Paid $324 OTD for the new 7.62 last weekend.

Last month the same dealer sold me a WASR Underfolder wiyh all the extras for $424, plus tax.(lower then Champion)

Last .223 was $305 OTD from another dealer.

Some vendors would not deal, but we were lucky and found a couple of dealers who would.

If we want something special from them,we call them a couple of days before the show and get a price over the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the replies. I am still hunting around for a new toy. There was a gun show up in Colorado that I missed. Ron Peterson's in Albuquerque might end up being the way to go for me. He did not have any on hand last time around, but he says he can order anything I want for a $30.00 fee. That sounds reasonable. I may settle for a nice little SKS for the time being just for fun.

Has anyone in here dealt with www.GunBroker.com ?

I just stumbled across the site today. Is this a crap site? So far I am impressed. They have already put me into contact with an FFL right here in town. That could save me alot of driving time...living out in BFE like I do.

I have bought several guns and accessories off of GunBroker.com. So far, all have been good buys. Just be sure to check the feedback of the sellers. It is a gamble in some cases so if you have a doubt, go with your instinct and move on...there will be another deal another day. Also, always price in the shipping with your bid. Some of the sellers over price the shipping BIG time. Lastly, you should be able to find a better deal than $50 for a transfer. $20 is the most that I pay and I have a place that does them for $10. Of course it could be a different story in your neck of the woods, so all I am saying is shop around for the transfer...