308 stock question

So I've given in and finally accepted that I want to get a saiga in 308, but I've got a quick question for you all. Would a PSL stock readily fit in during conversion, or should I look to other designs that require less fitting?

Edited by Salmonking

I do not own a PSL but when I was trying to decide between one and an S-308, I read that the PSL had a longer receiver on the back end than a normal AK. that may cause the grip to be too far forward on an S-308.

That is just what I've read, I do not have any first hand

knowledge.

The receivers are different. I believe Choate makes a similar stock that with a little bit of dremmeling can be made to fit a S308. Take a gander through the "Tacked 308 Picture Thread". There are definitely some tasty morsels in there. If you find a stock you like, I suggest shooting the owner a PM.

you mean like this?

Exactly like that actually . . . did the stock just fit and screw naturally into the reciever (with the firing group moved up of course)? Perhaps it needs to be cut to fit? Just curious. Thanks!

Edited by Salmonking

you mean like this?

Exactly like that actually . . . did the stock just fit and screw naturally into the reciever (with the firing group moved up of course)? Perhaps it needs to be cut to fit? Just curious. Thanks!

it just has the srews on the rear tang, no pg nut, it fit perfect, no cutting.

you mean like this?

it just has the srews on the rear tang, no pg nut, it fit perfect, no cutting.

Many thanks!

isn't that a wasr stock? no way thats a psl stock... but who knows. my psl is packed away too far to look at now.

im not sure had people ask me that, i dont think so cause it has the buttplate with the springs on it to help compinsate for the recoil

think both stocks have the damper. just the second one fits a regular akm/74 trunnion...

Where did you get the stock? Is it American or foreign made?

It looks great. Also, I like the PSL stocks in that they angle downward more than a standard AK stock. Much more comfortable.

Edited by ancientmariner