Just thought this lil'ol beer can was pretty tough! Shot it all over the hillside making it do the birdshot dance and it's still in the shape of a can. Bastard won't die!

I'll give this little can credit for hanging tough while his comrades fell to pieces.

post-16191-006430900 1276100067_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bowling pins for long distance only, for me thanks. I had a bullet from my .44mag hit a pin at 12 yards, went into the pin, spun the pin in the instant before it exited so when it exited the rear of the pin, it was coming back at us, and struck my buddy in the face! Big black eye from the 300 grain bullet. Missed putting out his eye by about 2mm !!

Golf balls are good to use to hone in your skills with pistol or long gun. I take some and screw in an eyebolt so I can hang them from the target stand with some parachute cord.

Our bowling pins have zombie faces on them. :devil:

Another thing I do after Christmas every year is to hit Wallyworld's clearance aisle for these "unbreakable" ornaments which do break when hit with a high velocity round. I also pick up a couple cases of Spray Snow on clearance. Makes a good reactive target.

We have tried shooting unopened soda pop cans but it attracted way too many Bees!!

That could be fun. Possible process for 30- to 50-ish-yard shooting:

1. Buy two 24-packs of shitty off-brand pop at wal-mart for under ten bucks.

2. Shoot cans with rifle, or shotgun with slugs or buckshot.

3. Wait for bees and yellow jackets to become interested in sugary sweetness. Wait for a decent swarm to descend.

4. Light up swarm of stinging insects with massive amounts of birdshot.

We have tried shooting unopened soda pop cans but it attracted way too many Bees!!

That could be fun. Possible process for 30- to 50-ish-yard shooting:

1. Buy two 24-packs of shitty off-brand pop at wal-mart for under ten bucks.

2. Shoot cans with rifle, or shotgun with slugs or buckshot.

3. Wait for bees and yellow jackets to become interested in sugary sweetness. Wait for a decent swarm to descend.

4. Light up swarm of stinging insects with massive amounts of birdshot.

Awesome idea! And if I was a really good shot I could shoot each Bee with a .22 !!!

Awesome idea! And if I was a really good shot I could shoot each Bee with a .22 !!!

Depending the size of the bee its easier than you think. One of the ranges I used to go to had a huge "carpenter" bee problem they are about the size of a quarter. Well they would just fly around in front of you, if they hovered we could get them.

Depending the size of the bee its easier than you think. One of the ranges I used to go to had a huge "carpenter" bee problem they are about the size of a quarter. Well they would just fly around in front of you, if they hovered we could get them.

"Hold on Jim, there's a Bee on yer head!!"

"Hold on Jim, there's a Bee on yer head!!"

Its more like

"hold my beer I got this..." except the whole firearms and booze thing don't mix

Done it. I actually had a yellow jacket land on the muzzle of my 45/70 and crawl inside. He came out a LOT faster than he went in.

Another fun target is a bottle of Tannerite shoved into a fire ant mound. Joe knows which range I did that at. The little bastards that survived had the mound built back up the next day.

It was great! a BIG cloud of sand and ants on the wind. Good thing I wasn't down wind! That could have been bad.

That sounds like a B movie. Load up the fire ant mound to explode with one shot, when the bad guys walk through the field you shoot the mound, to conserve ammo, and cover the bad guys with fire ants!

Edited by RobRez