I have what some might consider a collectible handgun. But the finish in is pretty bad condition...real worn....I mean 50%. My gunsmith will reparkerize it for $155 which I think is reasonable. Now everyone has heard that you take the collectability out of a gun by refinishing it but is that something I need to worry about on a 50% gun??? And if I decide I have to sell it down the road would you shy away because a gun had been refinished and can you tell???

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm going to get slammed here but I am soooo happy this couldn't have worked out better. As usual I disreguarded everyone's advise and had the gun reparkerized and I am soooo pleased that I did. I think the gun came out great and wouldn't hesitate to do another one... Here are the before and after pictures...

hipower029.jpg

All the finish was wiped clean from the right side of the slide

hipower023.jpg

inglis005.jpg

inglis007.jpg

What is my personal gun worth...priceless

Edited by TO THE FLOOR
  • Like 1

Hey, It's your gun, and you can't take it with you, and it means nothing to you when you are planted in the ground. Do with it what you want and enjoy it. It's a gun, it was meant to be shot. Same with the people that have "rare" muscle cars. It's a car. It was meant to be driven. Enjoy it while you can. Do whatever the hell makes you happy doing with it, and enjoy the memories.