Safety-lever Installation Difficulty in Saiga-12

Hello,

I've recently completed the conversion of my Saiga-12, but I can't reinstall the safety-lever. The trouble seems to be that the BHO prevents the installation of the safety-lever. Is there some special technique that has to be used to reinstall it? I've tinkered with it for hours without success.

Thanks

Hello,

I've recently completed the conversion of my Saiga-12, but I can't reinstall the safety-lever. The trouble seems to be that the BHO prevents the installation of the safety-lever. Is there some special technique that has to be used to reinstall it? I've tinkered with it for hours without success.

Thanks

There are a couple of ways you can go about it. You can put a big notch, or cut out in the BHO to allow the safety lever to be installed and removed for maintenance. You can buy one pre configured this way: http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-368/Saiga-12-BHO-Bolt/Detail , or you can take the BHO spring off the "leg" on the BHO, pull the BHO straight up over the rail (90 degrees to the receiver) out of the way, install the safety, push the BHO back down into place, and put the BHO spring back in place.

Good luck!

Honestly, the easiest way IMO is this:

Push your BHO up into the "Engaged" position, mark it with a marker, take out, cut slot, reinstall and go.

OR use a thin grinding stone on a dremel and grind a slot similar to the slot in the receiver.

~SN

Honestly, the easiest way IMO is this:

Push your BHO up into the "Engaged" position, mark it with a marker, take out, cut slot, reinstall and go.

OR use a thin grinding stone on a dremel and grind a slot similar to the slot in the receiver.

~SN

If you do have a dremel or similar tool. Removing the BHO from the gun isn't necessary. You can measure and mark as suggested above, pull the BHO straight up, cut the notch while the top is free of the receiver, and return it to its normal position, all without having to unpin it.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

• 1 month later...