I know someone recently asked about the .45 Tula but I'm wondering about the .223 specifically. I found some at a good price but I don't know about it. From what I've read some folks have had problems with FTF and primers being in sidewways/backwards and sometimes even falling out. Others have complained about it being dirty....but that's to be expected from Russian rounds. I talked to my gun shop owner yesterday and she told me that Tula is made by the same folks who make Wolf (something I've heard before) and that the Tula brand is replacing Wolf because its supposed to be cleaner and overall better. I plan on shooting it through my Saiga so I don't really care about it being dirty but would like for it to function in my M4 if I needed it to. I figure if its made by the same folks that make Wolf it will be ok but I don't have money to waste on garbage ammo. Is this stuff worth buying?

I know someone recently asked about the .45 Tula but I'm wondering about the .223 specifically. I found some at a good price but I don't know about it. From what I've read some folks have had problems with FTF and primers being in sidewways/backwards and sometimes even falling out. Others have complained about it being dirty....but that's to be expected from Russian rounds. I talked to my gun shop owner yesterday and she told me that Tula is made by the same folks who make Wolf (something I've heard before) and that the Tula brand is replacing Wolf because its supposed to be cleaner and overall better. I plan on shooting it through my Saiga so I don't really care about it being dirty but would like for it to function in my M4 if I needed it to. I figure if its made by the same folks that make Wolf it will be ok but I don't have money to waste on garbage ammo. Is this stuff worth buying?

Just went through several hundred rounds. No shellac on the shells which is a plus for guns with tight tolerances. Shot just fine for me. No problems.

• 2 months later...

It goes bang. It rips milk jugs filled with water to pieces, for 3.99 @cabelas great stuff.

I've shot about 60 rounds of Tula 55 gr .223 through my Saiga, on both slow and rapid fire. No malfunctions and plenty accurate for practice. I can't personally vouch for its reliability in an AR, though.

Your gun store owner was correct. Wolf is a clearinghouse for other brands of ammo. My understanding is that the black box and Military Classic are Tula (Russian), the brass-cased Gold line is Prvi Partizan (Serbian), the .22 LR is SK (German).