OK, possible incoming domestic source for 8 rders

A super reliable, well known purveyor of firearms related wares reports that 8 Round S12 mags are incoming.

I have emailed asking about arrival times and prices.

As soon as I hear back from him and prepay for my spot on the list, I will announce who it is, how much he is expects to ask for them and when they are due in.

While this is a nice development, I don't see it as an answer to our prayers.

"Word of mouth" from this board alone keeps Rusmilitary and Marko perpetually backlogged. I wonder if the Izmesh factory can even produce enough mags to keep up with US demand. We aren't talking AK or M16 mags here, after all.

What we really need is a US manufacturer who can produce enough to meet demand for a lower price.

Still, it's nice to know someone's trying something!

Gummerfan

I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy them from Rusmilitary when they get the next batch, if I had done it along time ago I would not be in the fix that I'm in. I plan to go to some three gun matches where they never saw a Saiga this summer. Those mags would come in handy.

Is this for real? I'm wondering if I should cancel my order or not. I don't want to lose money if we're getting a huge load into the US. The 8-rounders are $25 wholesale... What are we going to be paying for them? My guess would be $80-$100... most likely closer to $100 retail. Possibly as low as $75.

I had what I thought was going to be a realiable sourse for US Saiga mags about six months ago but it turned out to be false. I had egg on my face. :ded: I hope McUzi's sourse is better than mine.

he said incoming how exactly? incoming that he is referring to our forum or rusmilitary's site? or that he has a US made source? im not sure I understand what you mean by incoming, Mc

Incoming as in "An Individual Who Makes His Living (or at least makes some money) Importing Eastern Block Firearms Parts And Who Knows Both Sides Of A Form 6 Told Me That 8 Round Saigs 12 Magazines Are 'Incoming' for resale" incoming.

McUzi

Is your sourse going to provide other Saiga mags like .308 because I'm seriously considering getting a 308 that would match my shotgun for three gun matches. I'll never win but I like to compete. At anyrate my matching Saigas would have a real cool factor. OOPS I grabbed my Shotgun they look so much alike.

I was at a tac shotgun match a couple of weeks ago and talking to people about my Saiga and the other Saigas that where there and I can tell you that there are plenty of people holding off on Saigas because of the Magazine situation. I would bet that if the new Saiga importer starts selling them and the big mags are on the market at half decent prices. Saigas will fly off the shelves at warp speed. That's good and bad for me great to see more happy Saiga owners out there. Bad because it takes away my advantage of having the best brand of tactical shotgun away. I shoot too slow the quick reloads are my only advantage. :wub:

I was at a tac shotgun match a couple of weeks ago and talking to people about my Saiga and the other Saigas that where there and I can tell you that there are plenty of people holding off on Saigas because of the Magazine situation. I would bet that if the new Saiga importer starts selling them and the big mags are on the market at half decent prices. Saigas will fly off the shelves at warp speed. That's good and bad for me great to see more happy Saiga owners out there. Bad because it takes away my advantage of having the best brand of tactical shotgun away. I shoot too slow the quick reloads are my only advantage. :wub:

McUzi

Any news yet?

Shotguns would "Fly off the shelves".... Fly off the shelves??? Have you looked around lately? Ther are NO shotguns available, period- check out G.B. and AA, nothing... In fact it seems as though NIB .223's and .308's have mysteriously vanished also... :cryss:

I have been holding of on buying mags from Oleg but I think I'm going to bit the bullet and pre-order some shortly. I need one more but two would be great. Oleg says he should have some in the May-June time frame. I missed the boat on his last load and the prices keep going up so I think I'm just going to order them.

At a little neighborhod party this weekend I met the infamous offspring and heir to Ed's Gun Room here in Atlanta. I asked him about Saiga mags.

He looked at me like I was trippin'

My new bud in Russia indicated they're drying up THERE! Ebay is $200 for an 8. We indeed have a rare shotgun for now, and can't predict which way this will go.

Isn't supply and demand the indesputable pricing factor in all goods and services? These things will be dime a dozen or a valuable curio. Either way I'm gonna shoot the hell out of it. I heard they just get better!

the people in tennesse are advertising saigas. not sure how long they have been doing that, but the import license should go through soon if it hasnt already. maybe the reason the stuff is drying up everywhere is because they are preparing a large amount of stuff to be shipped here, and between military and police contracts and the american gun market, maybe the russian output is taxed to the max at the moment. not a big deal to me. i expect the guns to be more expensive whenever they finally arrive here in the states.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I'm glad to have found it. I wrote to the people that make the Sidewinder magazine conversions for pump-guns about possibly making a variation of their drum and stick magazines for Saiga 12s and this is their reply:

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: RE: Saiga 12 Shotgun Magazines

Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:50:11 -0700

Adapting our magazines to the Saiga is not possible as they do not have feed

lips. Federal regulations prohibit the use of magazines with a capacity

greater than 5 rounds on non-US made shotguns. That's why the 8-round Saiga

magazines have to be smuggled in from Europe. We are aware of the market and

the federal laws. Thank you for your interest.

Larry

Larry L. Graff

Marketing Director

www.knoxx.com

mailto:lgraff@knoxx.com <mailto:lgraff@knoxx.com>

Knoxx Industries, LLC

V: 877.GO.KNOXX

F: 805.238.2069

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM