wolf ammo vs 7N6

You would have been better off not even cleaning it than letting windex and water (+any salts left under powder residue and copper) to sit in your gun for 3days. Anytime you do any cleaning at the range or whatever you gotta get all the moisture out of you gun immediately. Gunzilla cleans corrosive and its a clean/lube/protect product. I would either spray it out with windex or water, followed by a shitload of wd40 and dry patches to get all the water out, or just wipe the parts down with a wet water rag and clean the bore wet water or windex patch/clp patch/water patch/clp patch/ then clean as normal at home.

If you use boiling water, you will have little water to flush out, because it will evaporate. With my gas tube in particular, the only thing I do to it is flush it with boiling water. Then I shake it out and set it upright to let it dry. I never put any oil in it, but it does not rust.

ok,ok, it appears that the wolf FMJ is not on par with the 7N6. But surely the wolf hollow point is going to expand and fragment at a rate on par with the 7N6...right? I will have to test and see how accurate it is. I just sold all of my 7N6 (3 spam cans) because I shot it at turkey camp and, not having the time to give it a proper cleaning, I sprayed all the internal parts thoroughly with windex. When I got home 3 days later and opened the gun to clean it, there were rust all over the place! I spent a good amount of time cleaning the gun to get rid of all the corrosion. And I had the thought, if this is supposed to be my SHTF gun, and I did not have proper cleaning supplies, it would be better not to have corrosion issues. Sooo...I sold all my corrisive 7N6 with the intent of replacing with non-corrosive ammo. I hope the wolf hollow point is comparitavely nasty in soft tissue and accurate.....we will see.

You would have been better off not even cleaning it than letting windex and water (+any salts left under powder residue and copper) to sit in your gun for 3days. Anytime you do any cleaning at the range or whatever you gotta get all the moisture out of you gun immediately. Gunzilla cleans corrosive and its a clean/lube/protect product. I would either spray it out with windex or water, followed by a load of wd40 and dry patches to get all the water out, or just wipe the parts down with a wet water rag and clean the bore wet water or windex patch/clp patch/water patch/clp patch/ then clean as normal at home.

My point is that corrosive 545 is a fine SHTF ammo choice, it didnt rust your weapon, you did by filling it up with water and letting it sit. The moisture left in the weapon is what caused the rust not the salts. An ak can take alot of abuse, if it were a shtf type scenario just keep your bore clean (clp and water on patches) and wipe down your bolt carrier and it will still last longer than you will even if it gets alittle corrosion in the gas system.

Sorry to call you out but I did the same thing but only for ~hour while I was eating dinner and I had rust forming on my muzzle brake. If I had not learned my lesson then I would have made the same error that you did.

Very good point. 7N6 it is. I am still curious to see how the WOLF HP rounds expand and fragment. They seem to have the potential to be a very potent round as well.