I got to handle one of these at a gun show today:

AKBullpupRight.jpg

Despite what some people say, I think this rifle handles great and the trigger pull wasn't bad at all.

I'm going to get a couple and tune them up.

I have a few ideas so now I just have to get to work

Edited by Boba Debt

Yes! Please post pics of the process. I really want to 'pup my 308. Basically just like DancingBear's except with a mid/long range scope and bi-pod.. Where are you going to buy the stock kit?

I'm going to buy two Bull Pup AK-47s already assembled and make a few changes to them.

Nice. How do you plan on modifying them?

Center Fire sells the kit for less than $200. I'm seriously contemplating buying it.

You can get the kits on Gun Broker for $125 - $150

I'm going to add a plate and shoulder pad to the butt stock and I'm going to replace the front section with a modified UTG quad Rail.

I'm not sure about the sights yet. I may remove them and use a optic.

Yeah, I built one on a MAK-90. The trigger pull is kind of like a squirt guns, but better then the military average once you polish the FCG. I like mine a lot and have carried it on "extra jobs" in a Tennis racket bag.

I like the fact that I can use it one handed if I have to and center chest for building work. The trick to reloading quickly for me is to extend my strong arm and load it sideways. Most folks do not understand that the pistol grip has a mag guide built in to it.

Dancing Bear, I also like magwell of yours, is it a 5.56 model?

Edited by Azrial

You can get the kits on Gun Broker for $125 - $150

I'm going to add a plate and shoulder pad to the butt stock and I'm going to replace the front section with a modified UTG quad Rail.

I'm not sure about the sights yet. I may remove them and use a optic.

I've looked and most places on GB won't ship to Cali. I'll check again though. Thanks. I'm interested to see how yours turn out.

I had a stock left over from my S-12 Bull Pup Project so I got to work on making the shoulder pad mod.

Progress001.jpg

It's made from 1/4" thick aluminum plate which was cut into the basic shape of a T-6 plate.

It is attached to the stock with 2 screws. The washers make it stand off from the original stock which creates a gap to tuck the flaps of a standard Tapco pad under giving it a finished look

Progress002.jpg

It was pretty easy.

I'm sure this will make it more comfortable to shoot and I think it looks 100% better

I had a stock left over from my S-12 Bull Pup Project so I got to work on making the shoulder pad mod.

Progress001.jpg

It's made from 1/4" thick aluminum plate which was cut into the basic shape of a T-6 plate.

It is attached to the stock with 2 screws. The washers make it stand off from the original stock which creates a gap to tuck the flaps of a standard Tapco pad under giving it a finished look

Progress002.jpg

It was pretty easy.

I'm sure this will make it more comfortable to shoot and I think it looks 100% better

Looks good027.gif. I can't wait to install my kit when it gets herewub.gif. This would be a good mod for my 308.

I received my rifles today, I was pretty surprised since I ordered them on Monday and they were shipped via UPS Ground

It took about 3 minutes to modified one butt stock:

Progress003.jpg

The pad seems to make a lot of difference and it added about an inch to the LOP so now its 18" which sounds long but seems to work for this configuration.

Hrm although this is not a gun I would consider a priority for me to get. I am actually interested in this project of yours. I like the first one you posted, not a big fan of the rails. I might could see making the bottom one work, but I think the top one is deff out(dont see it being useful imo). Just my 2cents.

I would love to try shooting one of those though. Maybe I can talk one of my buddies into getting one. :lolol:

GL Boba and make sure you give it some thinking before you go welding it. Keep the pics coming.

Edited by Chevyman097

Boba, any way these kits can be used on the S-12?

It would take some work but I think it could be done

The Front Trigger housing is held in place with the front hand guard retainer and the receiver. You would have to manufacture a part that would work the same way but fit an S-12.

Obviously the gas tube cover wouldn't work but I am going to get a quad rail to fit my 7.62 version and eventually I plan to Bull Pup my S-410 and S12

A lot of people have posted that these suck. I have been handling mine for a couple days now and I like more every time I play with them.

They shoulder great, there isn't a thing wrong with the trigger pull and I can load and remove mags just as fast as I can on my Saiga.

The most impressive factor is how solid they feel. Even though the entire kit is made from composite, the rifle feels like a serious rifle.

I can't wait to go shoot them at a range.

I would encourage anyone with one of these to play around with a two-handed pistol grip style hold on the rifle as well as the conventional oft-hand forward. The two-handed pistol style grip is, in my opinion, superior for close in work.

I also like center chest usage for room-to-room style shooting. This works best with a red dot sight. Give it a try!

Boba, any way these kits can be used on the S-12?

Here's my version on an S12. I added the top cover/rail w/sights. Works well and no extended front sight to catch on things.

Takes alot of dremel/sanding drum work to fit the p-grip/forend. But worth it.

Boba, I like the second pic w/ the rails. Thought about that for the S12.

post-15573-037017100 1277057562_thumb.jpg

BP - That bull pup looks insane :)

I like the way this kit handles so much I just ordered a kit to convert my S-410 and I would convert my S-12 but I don't think it would work with a short gas system gun. I might have to sell my S-12 Race Gun and start over witha stock S-12

Edited by Boba Debt

Hey BD,

Are you using the stiff wire trigger linkages that come with the kits? Someone on this forum mentioned using a cable. I've found this to give a crisper trigger pull and is more adjustable to individual taste.

Have fun with your conversions, lol.

Hey BD,

Are you using the stiff wire trigger linkages that come with the kits? Someone on this forum mentioned using a cable. I've found this to give a crisper trigger pull and is more adjustable to individual taste.

Have fun with your conversions, lol.

My AKs are came pre-assembled and I plan to use the wire that comes with the kit for my S-410. The pull doesn't bother me at all.

My AKs are came pre-assembled and I plan to use the wire that comes with the kit for my S-410. The pull doesn't bother me at all.

Kool, if they came that way and work for you, have fun. My problem was the fitting of it to the S12. Not really enough room along the mag so it rubbed. Should work on the S.410 well though.

As always, looking forward to seeing the finished project(s).