How are the twins coming? Did you get a chance to see my bullpup thread in the 308 section?

They are coming along nicely

I'm going to talk to a guy in NC about making me a custom modify-able quad rail

I posted to your 308 thread

Edited by Boba Debt

How are the twins coming? Did you get a chance to see my bullpup thread in the 308 section?

They are coming along nicely

I'm going to talk to a guy in NC about making me a custom modify-able quad rail

I posted to your 308 thread

I'm interested to see what you come up with. I am still waiting for UltimAK to release their S308 model railed gas tube.

I'm interested to see what you come up with. I am still waiting for UltimAK to release their S308 model railed gas tube.

I had to do a good bit of mods to make my 410 fit the Grip/Trigger Housing, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I don't know how people get S-12s to fit into this part.

Yeah, for my 308 I had to grind down the whole inside of the trigger piece where the wire connects because it was binding up on the side of the barrel, completely disabling it. The pistol grip/ trigger housing/ hand guard also needed some boring to accommodate the 308's larger barrel. I'm sure the process was damn near identical for the .410. What are you going to do for optics on it? Will any of UltimAK's gas tubes fit the .410?

Yeah, for my 308 I had to grind down the whole inside of the trigger piece where the wire connects because it was binding up on the side of the barrel, completely disabling it. The pistol grip/ trigger housing/ hand guard also needed some boring to accommodate the 308's larger barrel. I'm sure the process was damn near identical for the .410. What are you going to do for optics on it? Will any of UltimAK's gas tubes fit the .410?

I'm going to use rail mounted flip up AR sights sinced they are the easiest to co-witness to common optics.

I doubt Ultimak makes a tube for the 410

..... Move the plate out to the end of the shaft. I used JB Weld putty and so far so good.

I don't understand this.

Is there any way to post a picture?

Looking at the actual kits trigger assembly, there is a vertical plate(trigger wire attachment) just to the right of the top of the trigger above the pivot shaft. This can be ground off of the pivot shaft and moved out to the far right hand end of the shaft. You may be able to solder or wire weld the plate to the shaft or (like myself) use JB Weld putty to attach it to the shaft. 500rnds thus far and not a crack or any signs of loosening.

I would also recommend useing a thin cable attached with wire crimps instead of the trigger wire that comes with the kit as it rubs on the mags and fuddles with the trigger pull.

I'll get a pic up when I can. Should have taken one when working on it, lol.

Boba, would something like Cobra76 gas tube cover and a Galil (sp) front grip work? Just curious.

I'm not sure

I don't know how I would retain the front of the Galil Guard.

I want to put a rail on them so I can mount some AR iron sights that will co-witness with standard optics

I have a question......

After converting to BP config, would it be possible to convert back to the original configuration? (By "original" I am referring to the AK style with the forward trigger assy).

Thanks,

CJ

Now why would you want to go from pure badassness back to original lameness?

I have a question......

After converting to BP config, would it be possible to convert back to the original configuration? (By "original" I am referring to the AK style with the forward trigger assy).

Thanks,

CJ

Now why would you want to go from pure badassness back to original lameness?

With these kits, it is definitely possible to go back to standard configuration. But why in the hell would you want to??unsure.gif

My quad rails have been shipped

I prepped one of my AK-47s and my 410 so that I can modified and fit the rails at the same time.

The 410 was pretty much ready to go but I had to remove the Front Site Block, Gas Tube Hand Guard Flanges and Rear Site from the AK-47.

I'm thinking about removing the gas tube lever and replacing it with shoulder bolt, anyone ever done this before?

I might have to radically alter the rear sight are to get the rail to fit good.

Progress006.jpg

I decided to remove the lever assemblies on my 7.62 bull pups and replace them with a pins which are held in place with 2 bolts.

I have modified several UTG Quad Rails to fit different Saigas. On a 7.62 the Gas Tube Locking Lever gets in the way of extending the rail past the front trunnion.

This mod should allow me to fit the rail over the trunnion without cutting a huge hunk out of it.

Progress009-1.jpg

Edited by Boba Debt

I have been looking for this kit for the last couple of days. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Thanks......

Centerfiresystems.com sells them, but they might be sold out. check their page, then call them. when I got mine, the website said there were none in stock, but they had a few left when I called.