legal mod question for saiga .223 rifle

What modifications would be recommended if i want to use high capacity ak style magazines, BUT I want to leave the original monte carlo type stock on the weapon? (give it a scout rifle /socom 16 kinda look)

Normally - and the number can vary - you need a minimum number of US parts on your gun to be 922r compliant. I am sending a PM with a link to a 922r parts compliance table.

Mike

What modifications would be recommended if i want to use high capacity ak style magazines, BUT I want to leave the original monte carlo type stock on the weapon? (give it a scout rifle /socom 16 kinda look)

I urge you to go ahead and convert. You'll be more satisfied if you do. If I can do it, anyone can. Remove 2 pins and 3 rivets, and you're on your way.

However, if you're determined to go this route, you can obtain compliance by using U.S.-made magazines (Tapco, Surefire, or ProMag) exclusively, and by changing the handguard to a U.S. made one. That will get you four compliance parts, dropping you to 10 imported parts.

Edited by Jim Digriz

Install a TAPCO pistonand use US made SGM Tactical magazinesand you will be at 10 foreign parts on a stock Saiga.

Install a TAPCO pistonand use US made SGM Tactical magazinesand you will be at 10 foreign parts on a stock Saiga.

Or they could just use a US hand guard. Would work too ya?

But I am also going to suggest a conversion, unless you are just dead set on the factory stock.