There is quite a large Russian population in Alaska, anyone from around there? I'm wondering if parts might be easier to come by up there given the culture. Heading up there on vacation soon, was wondering if it would be worth keeping an eye out. Any ideas?

hmm. I used to know someone who lived there and he said there was quite a bit of Russian culture. I think he was 1/2 Russian.

Did some research and it seems there is quite a bit of Russian influence:

Russia governed Alaska as a colony for almost as long as the United States has now governed Alaska as a territory and state.

Alaska has many historic Russian buildings. There are active Russian Orthodox Churches in some 80 Alaska communities, many of which still use the old-style Russian Orthodox calendar and celebrate Christmas on what is marked as Jan. 7 in Western calendars.

Except during the Cold War, Alaska and Russian natives on either side of the Bering Strait carried on with routine visits, seasonal festivals and subsistence trade.

No mention of Saigas though :unsure:

Well, I live (stationed) here in Fairbanks, and there's no damn saiga shit here. I did buy 6 5-rounders in town that one of the guns stores had and forgot about. :super: I have called all over the state and I have foung some 410/20 guages and .223's.