Just got a great deal on a savage 10fcp HS Precision, and was lookin for some advice on how to outfit it. I'm pretty set on a 10x42 super sniper mil-dot scope, but need advice on rings and mount(s). Also, if there's anything else y'all think I should look in to, I'm all ears.

I think its worth investing in a bore guide, a quality one piece cleaning rod, a good copper solvent, Kroil oil, nylon and brass brushes and an in/lb torque driver. If you don't have that stuff already.

Oh yea, a good leather sling and a bi pod.

Just got a great deal on a savage 10fcp HS Precision, and was lookin for some advice on how to outfit it. I'm pretty set on a 10x42 super sniper mil-dot scope, but need advice on rings and mount(s). Also, if there's anything else y'all think I should look in to, I'm all ears.

I think its worth investing in a bore guide, a quality one piece cleaning rod, a good copper solvent, Kroil oil, nylon and brass brushes and an in/lb torque driver. If you don't have that stuff already.

Some good advice from Dirty about some of the accessories. If you want a really good set of rings and are not afraid to spend some money on quality, then look into a set of Badger rings (sorry, I don't have their link). They are a little spendy, but they will not move once set. Hope that helps and have fun with the new rifle. :super:

Some good advice from Dirty about some of the accessories. If you want a really good set of rings and are not afraid to spend some money on quality, then look into a set of Badger rings (sorry, I don't have their link). They are a little spendy, but they will not move once set. Hope that helps and have fun with the new rifle. :super:

As GPD says, the Badger's are way solid, but also pricey. The Burris Xtreme tactical series seems to be good middle of the road rings, really solid, but not overly expensive.

Another thing you might think about, a moving target will not be real easy to locate with a fixed 10 power scope.

Way to go with the Savage rifle, in my experience, you cant go wrong with a Savage.

Ya, picked it up for $675, with not even one bullet down the barrel yet. Basically brand new (and the MSRP for a new new one is like 1100). I checked out the XTR rings, and they seem to be in my price range. However, I'm not sure as to what height I should order them in? That same question goes for a base too.