R and R conversion question

I am considering having a Siaga 12 modified by R and R. I notice that when the AR15 style selector switch is set to fire it extends down below the receiver. Does that get in the way of the trigger finger when it is extended along the side of the reciever (finger off trigger)? Does it interfere witht he grip or handling? I will use this gun in some iformal 3 gun matches but I want it set up as a combat weapon. I will probably never use it as a defensive weapon but instead will use it as a cool toy. However I want to be sure of the rugedness of it. I am concerned that with the selector lever hanging below the receiver it would be subject to breaking off during rough handling. Anyone who has handled the gun have any thoughts on this? Also, does the extended magazine release lever get in the way of taking ones finger in and out of the trigger guard? How rugged is this lever and would it tend to get caught on things?

I am considering having a Siaga 12 modified by R and R. I notice that when the AR15 style selector switch is set to fire it extends down below the receiver. Does that get in the way of the trigger finger when it is extended along the side of the reciever (finger off trigger)? Does it interfere witht he grip or handling? I will use this gun in some iformal 3 gun matches but I want it set up as a combat weapon. I will probably never use it as a defensive weapon but instead will use it as a cool toy. However I want to be sure of the rugedness of it. I am concerned that with the selector lever hanging below the receiver it would be subject to breaking off during rough handling. Anyone who has handled the gun have any thoughts on this? Also, does the extended magazine release lever get in the way of taking ones finger in and out of the trigger guard? How rugged is this lever and would it tend to get caught on things?

I have a Saiga set up with all the parts that you mention. The safety lever is on the weak side, right side if you are right handed and left side if you are left handed and can be trimmed to what ever length that you desire. The gun normally comes with a longer safety paddle on the strong side and a shorter one on the weak side. These are reversible and you can set it up any way you want. I know a few guys that ground the weak side down to make it less susptable to being activated inadvertently. As for durability, the safety parts are all steel and fairly beefy so you will have a hard time breaking them.

The mag release is also steel and was designed long so it could be trimmed to what ever length that you need or like depending on the length of your fingers. I put tape on the release lever to check for length before I cut mine. Check twice cut once. You want the release as far forward as you can get it but still be able to actuate the release comfortably. Once you have it set up that way you will find it no longer interferes with your trigger finger.

When your R&R Saiga is properly set up, neither of these items will be in your way when you handle the shotgun.

If you have any other question feel free to give Robert a call at 503-551-7283.

Doug