HK sights for competion and defense?

I have an Siaga 12 that I am considering putting HK sights on. I am installing them because they look awesome. Although I am styling the gun as a combat weapon I will use the gun mostly as a toy and occasionally in 3 gun matches as an informal competitor. How are the HK sights for competion and defensive use (household range)? I am willing to sacrifice a little performance for the HK sights but if they perform very poorly then I do not want to use them.

How are the non magnified optical sights such as the Trijicon for competition and defense? Between iron sights in general and optical sights which is better for defensive use and competition? Will the optics make you faster on target?

The H&K Sight picture is not bad, but it is not as good or as practical as the Kreb's. I have had both.

Edited by Azrial

What about compared to stock? I bought the extended quadrail from Chaos anticipating his sights, but have been running only the tri-rail., I'm liking the look and functionality.. Now I'm torn as to whether I'm going to buy the Chaos sights..

What about compared to stock? I bought the extended quadrail from Chaos anticipating his sights, but have been running only the tri-rail., I'm liking the look and functionality.. Now I'm torn as to whether I'm going to buy the Chaos sights..

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I really like the new HK setup, but I want to stay away from clutter on top of the gun. For something as close range as a shotgun, I don't want a lot of stuff in the way of me being able to look straight down the top of the gun itself to acquire a target.

I like the fact that the Krebs setup is pretty minimal.. but I also don't really like my factory handguard.

I figure if I'm going to start slapping rails on my gun, I might as well go all the way with the Chaos quad rail, because it's an awesome ass beast. I don't plan on using anything other than irons on the s-12.. so I guess the quad rail with the HK sights.