Who does conersions that isnt backed up months?

a simple conversion can be done yourself. it isn't that difficult. fact is there is a superb tutorial on this sight that is step by step, that you can use the existing trigger guard.

I used that and did it myself in about hour.

I can see using a gunsmith for some things, but a conversion, save your money.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

TROMIX will take new orders beginning July 1st !!

Check out the TROMIX site (click below) for the particulars, be ready to place your order on July 1 as quickly as possible in order to get on the list, and that's your best option for having your conversion(s) done in the most timely fashion.......not to mention the most excellent work available !!

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 1

thanks for the ideas and offers everyone. I live in the san antonio area and don't have most of the tools necessary. I would like to have the work done local but would ship if I had to.

The only tool you need for a basic conversion is a drill or a Dremel-type rotary tool. Even if you have to buy a cheap drill or dremel, it's only going to cost about $50.00 for one. Shipping your gun is going to cost $25 or so alone, plus however much you pay to have it converted. A drill and about $80 worth of parts and you can do it yourself, compared to paying someone hundreds of dollars to do it for you.

If you have the money to spend, though, Tromix would be first on my list. For what Tromix charges for a basic conversion, you get a lot for your money compared to what most gunsmiths charge for the work involved (welding, refinishing, etc.)

• Like 2

The only tool you need for a basic conversion is a drill or a Dremel-type rotary tool. Even if you have to buy a cheap drill or dremel, it's only going to cost about $50.00 for one. Shipping your gun is going to cost $25 or so alone, plus however much you pay to have it converted. A drill and about $80 worth of parts and you can do it yourself, compared to paying someone hundreds of dollars to do it for you.

screw paying that much money for those tools. this is garage sales season, I picked up a DREMEL with all the attachments for 3 bucks, fact is that is where I got all my tools, chop saw for 20 bucks, drill press for 10 bucks, handtools for a buck or less etc..

and targets, elmo dolls for 50 cents, they blow up real good with 00 bucks :D. and x-mas ornaments for 25-50 cents a box. hang them off a metal stand, and pop them one by one with a AR at distance. it's a lot cheaper then buying paper targets, and more fun :D

I just don't see giving that much money to a smith and then waiting, to do something as simple as a conversion. I am not that mechanically incline, but I was able to do it with no problems, especially since there is a great tutorial on this site on excatly how to do, with pictures. somethings you send to a smith, but in this case, you don't need them.

screw paying that much money for those tools. this is garage sales season, I picked up a DREMEL with all the attachments for 3 bucks, fact is that is where I got all my tools, chop saw for 20 bucks, drill press for 10 bucks, handtools for a buck or less etc..

and targets, elmo dolls for 50 cents, they blow up real good with 00 bucks :D. and x-mas ornaments for 25-50 cents a box. hang them off a metal stand, and pop them one by one with a AR at distance. i

I never THOUGHT of hitting garage sales for Elmo dolls! I'd LOVE to kill one! I've killed Barney dolls in the past, picked up from Goodwill. A few Furbys make great targets too. They chatter when they hear a noise. Kill one and the others start their yammering. It's GREAT fun!

Sorry for the hijack, but that idea was too good to pass up!

*a junkin' I will go...a junkin' I will go, Kill me an Elmo doll, a junkin' I will go!" :lolol: