I know that the Ak is a reliable gun but its accuracy is bad. The ARs are accurate, but they jam like a bitch.

Come on, don't spread these internet garbage rumors.

Neither statement about either platform is even near 100% true. More like 2% true.

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GLOCK!!!! you will not regret it...

Okay, since the Op's there, I'll go off topic for a sec... The AK (7.62x39) round is proving to be much more effective @ long distance due to it's weight, so regardless of how accurate the AR is it'

I loved the 1911.. I was a snob for quite a while, but reliable? No. They can be quite fussy about mags and ammo.   My Springfield XD45 is boring. No matter what I feed it, or how I abuse it, it alw

Posted Images

I know that the Ak is a reliable gun but its accuracy is bad. The ARs are accurate, but they jam like a bitch.

Neither statement about either platform is even near 100% true. More like 2% true.

Has your AK ever jammed/stopped for any reason?

Nope. They've always run like a top (well the S12 was finicky as first, but that's par for the course). Just like my AR's.

I was responding about the "AK=inaccurate, AR=unreliable" part of the post.

• Like 2

Nope. They've always run like a top (well the S12 was finicky as first, but that's par for the course). Just like my AR's.

Don't get me wrong it is accurate, if you keep it 100%, and ARs do jam. The AK isn't that inaccurate, but the ARs are more accurate, less reliable. Drop your AR in the dirt and kick it around a little and see if it will even shoot one round.

Anyway it's my bad for posting that here, the topic says handgun, not rifle.

Edited by JaySaiga-12

Don't get me wrong it is accurate, if you keep it 100%, and ARs do jam. The AK isn't that inaccurate, but the ARs are more accurate, less reliable. Drop your AR in the dirt and kick it around a little and see if it will even shoot one round.

Okay, since the Op's there, I'll go off topic for a sec... ^_^

The AK (7.62x39) round is proving to be much more effective @ long distance due to it's weight, so regardless of how accurate the AR is it's proving to be useless in many situations in the current 2 conflicts.

And remember... We're talking dudes in nightgowns & sandals vs dudes in body armor.

As a result the generals are calling for larger caliber rifles. It seems that antique AKs with iron-sights that you can get for less than the price of a goat, are outclassing brand new ARs with the best optics made...

How much does that package cost??? :unsure:

I think the AK vs AR discussion is about moot by now. ;)

• Like 3

I know what you mean, man. I just don't like to see such black-n-white statements as "AKs are inaccurate" and "ARs constantly jam". It's just too broad, and people who may be new to the gun scene see things like that and might take those simple statements as fact and be steered away from either platform. Which would suck, IMO.

• Like 1

4. Revolvers are the most reliable and offer more choices. (plus you don't leave casings on the ground)

That's why you put your hand in a plastic bag when shooting a semi-auto handgun during drive-by's! It catches the shell for you :ph34r: And to think that I thought everyone knew this....Rookies :haha:

• Like 1

4. Revolvers are the most reliable and offer more choices. (plus you don't leave casings on the ground)

That's why you put your hand in a plastic bag when shooting a semi-auto handgun during drive-by's! It catches the shell for you :ph34r: And to think that I thought everyone knew this....Rookies :haha:

Pffft. Plastic baggies is for amateurs. Pro's use gloves and a "throw-down gun" and just dump it in the closest river and burn the glove. :ph34r::lolol:

• Like 2

I digg the look of that Llama Minimax, always wanted to feel one and shoot one, but I've never seen one in person or known someone who has one.

It's a sweet shooting / reliable weapon. I know alot of folks frown on "Spanish" handguns and consider them of cheap quality due to the bad rep of the "Ruby's". The way I look at it, if it's good for the Spanish Military it can't be all bad. The Minimax has alot of features that are extras on the Colt Commander. STI makes a new .45 at over $500 and I swear it looks like the Llama (maybe they bought the equipment when llama went under about 3 or 4 years ago. The two things I don't like about it is the magazine, but a Chip McCormick 7-round mag works just fine. That's 8-rounds (one in the snout) for a single stack. The other is the cheap rubber grips. A friend of mine made the wood ones I have on mine out of Texas Ebony.

Edited by shortyd044

Pffft. Plastic baggies is for amateurs. Pro's use gloves and a "throw-down gun" and just dump it in the closest river and burn the glove. :ph34r::lolol:

Yeah...

Doesn't everyone load their mags with gloves on? :unsure:

That's another great thing about a Glock...

You can buy a spare barrel, extractor & FP & use them in those special situations... ;) Completely different ballistics without your name attached to the serial #, all for less than $150.00. :up:

:ph34r:

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

Yeah...

Doesn't everyone load their mags with gloves on? :unsure:

That's another great thing about a Glock...

You can buy a spare barrel, extractor & FP & use them in those special situations... ;) Completely different ballistics without your name attached to the serial #, all for less than $150.00. :up:

:ph34r:

:lolol:

Very true. Luckily, most criminals are too stupid to know this stuff.

my buddy,who is a concealed carry instructor here in florida has that 10mm glock;and while it is more powerful than a .45,it is a huge pistol!this kid want`s one for concealment!it`s not very concealable!

He probably carries the G20. It has a 4.6"bbl and is 5.7" high while the G29 has a 3.7" bbl and is 4.45" high. Its on the larger side of compact, but is still concealable.

I love my PLR... it makes for a fine CCW car gun. But even my biggest laptop bag is barely adequate for concealment.

What? Am I the only one who plans out ways to carry EVERY weapon they can? You never know when the situation might dictate 30rnds of love be on tap...

I love my PLR... it makes for a fine CCW car gun. But even my biggest laptop bag is barely adequate for concealment.

What? Am I the only one who plans out ways to carry EVERY weapon they can? You never know when the situation might dictate 30rnds of love be on tap...

Nope, I make an effort to carry my Taurus Tracker .45 ACP with a 6 inch barrel when I can. It's absolutely possible.

Glock is hands down the most reliable, I work at a gunshop and we have never had any back for repairs or heard any real complaints.. I own 5 glocks and have over 10k down range through them.. never a hickup...

We've had multiple xds come back and we sell 5 times as many glocks...

that being said I open carry an hk usp 9 at work and carry a glock 30 when I have to conceal..

I don't recommend revolvers for concealed carry, any thing bigger then a j frame is to bulky to carry concealed comfortably.. and 5 shots just doesnt cut it in my book...

If the gun isn't comfortable when its on you then you prolly won't carry it as much..

Most people who buy revolvers are ladies (can't rack an auto) or people who know nothing about guns in general.. even revolvers have issues, if they are out of timing then all you have is a "brick"

Edited by presto_z

Come on guys, you are corrupting my kid.021.gif018.gif

But the LEO starrrrteeed iiiit... :haha:

:nothing:

:angel:

Nope.

How do ya like my Fender gee-tar?

gtrcase2.jpg

gtrcase1.jpg

Done1.jpg

• Like 1

Come on guys, you are corrupting my kid.021.gif018.gif

But the LEO starrrrteeed iiiit... :haha:

:nothing:

:angel:

Nope.

How do ya like my Fender gee-tar?

gtrcase2.jpg

gtrcase1.jpg

Done1.jpg

I'd play that strat any day!

No doubt.... Glock. Out of everything I have owned they have proven to be the most reliable. I am also faster and more accurate with them than any other handgun I have fired. I bought an HK, fired it, and traded it for another Glock.